Two Aerospace Companies Fight for Supremacy! ( Screenshots included )

Posted (edited)

Recently I've started a new KSP Career mode save where I'm in a space race with my friend. The space race consists of two private companies: N.S.P. Corp, and I.K.E. Industries. I run N.S.P. Corp, and my other friend runs I.K.E. Industries. Our goal is simple: you have to get to Minmus first. Then from there, do cool stuff to top the other, but I'm always open to suggestions from y'all for future goals.

Day 1:

Currently, N.S.P. Corp is beating their competition in the space race. The two companies have made quick work of progressing through the early stages of the tech tree, along with the completion of many contracts. So far, N.S.P. Corp has had the upper hand by launching commercial satellites into orbit to obtain funds, while I.K.E. Industries focuses on their government contracts to rake in more money per contract. This conservative, yet lucrative way of making money has put I.K.E. Industries ahead of N.S.P. Corp in means of Funds, but they are lacking behind in means of science due to their opposition's strategy of making money through the open market while focusing on more scientific areas. As of now, N.S.P. Corp has full control of all satellites orbiting Kerbin along with a much better public perception, but the large amount of funds of I.K.E. Industries may be a threat to the Number 1 spot so far.

Top pictures of Day 1:

N.S.P. Corp exploring the benefits of mountainous terrain for future launches.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I.K.E. Industries  preforming government testing with rocket-powered jets.

Day 2:

As the day started off, N.S.P. Corp made their first play by practicing orbital rendezvous above Kerbin in preparation of their mission to Minmus. Minmus was chosen as the first location to complete a powered landing due to it's low gravity, and the ease of access compared to The Mun. This will allow the private space company to get enough funds to upgrade their equipment, along with the technology to reach the Mun. As for I.K.E. Industries, we have yet to see anything from them today, as they could be planning something more direct.

Top Pictures/Videos of Day 2:

Docking of the Joolkian Capsules:

Liftoff on Joolkian 1:

Day 3:

N.S.P. Corp has launched their rocket, Astra Minmus V1 which will shoot for the minty moon of Kerbin, Minmus. All systems are go, and they eventually get to orbit safely. After some orbital burns, they make their way to Minmus. And as the clock ticks, communication was lost with the craft as it went behind the moon, but it eventually reconnected as Jeb and Bob gave their long lasting works.... "Woah! That's a lot of ice cream!" And it surely was, as their mission was to collect these samples and return them back home. After some exploration, they reconnected with the vessel, and came back safely. The race is over, N.S.P. Corp has won, showing their dominance as an aerospace company!

Astra Minmus V1:

Orbit around Minmus:

First Minmus Landing:

Far from home:

Thanks for tuning in guys!

Edited by Nickythegamer6