Coming back to KSP: recommended game version, mods etc.

Alex_O

Hi Guys,

I've been an on-off KSP player since around 2012. I stopped playing seriously when KSP2 was announced since I figured that would supersede everything, plus my computer at the time couldn't really support the mods I wanted to use. Anyway, I've got that itch again but it's been 4/5 years since I've played and it doesn't look like KSP2 is going to sweep it all away after all. So the question is, which version of the game should I play and which mods should I install that are compatible with it?

In the past I've used Tweakscale, joints, Cryo engines, B9, all of the various future tech stuff, that kind of things. Are these mods still supported/compatible for 1.8.X game versions or is there a newer game version that makes 1.8.X irrelevant? Which of these versions is proving to be the most stable? I'm aware that similar questions have been asked before so apologies for duplication but those threads haven't answered my question.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex, unless you are doing something incredibly specific that requires old mods, 1.12.5 (the latest version) should be what you use. There haven't been any updates in a year and a half and there hasn't been anything beyond bugfixes and minor tweaks in three years. Modding is centered around 1.12.5 and will be unless something really weird happens.

Mods are a matter of taste, but I believe the ones you have listed are still compatible.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...