[WEB APP] Ribbon Generator [1.1.2] [ABANDONED]

Ok, here's some more ideas for Challenge Wreaths!

Sun: Place a craft in solar orbit with an apoapsis of <2Gm (well within Moho's orbit)

Moho: Enter Moho orbit and return to Kerbin without refueling.

Eve: Already covered --- Eve Ascent

Gilly: ???

Kerbin: Already covered --- SSTO

Mun: Preform a Munar free-return trajectory using only one burn from LKO.

Minmus: ???

Duna: Land an aircraft without the use of parachutes or retrorockets.

Ike: ???

Dres: Get a craft to the bottom of the giant canyon safely.

Jool: Use a gravity assist from one moon to reach another moon, aid Joolian orbital capture, or escape the Joolian system.

Laythe: Land a jet aircraft horizontally, then use that same craft to ascend into orbit.

Vall: ???

Tylo: Already covered --- Tylo Ascent

Bop: ???

Pol: Have a rover freefall over 3km vertically without damage.

Eeloo: Orbit Eeloo and return to Kerbin without refueling.

Thoughts, feedback? I tried to emphasize what makes each world unique.

So is there any way to change how the images link or add a text to each ribbon to show what they mean? Hovering the mouse over shows no text, so I have no clue what people's ribbons mean. And it just links to this forum page..
That'd be fairly browser-dependent and require a silly amount of backend work. The Rules Page describes what each ribbon is pretty clearly.

There is multiple reasons I can't put caption when you hover it. The first is that it is a whole image, so I can't use alt for it. I also can't put any script on it since I do not own the forum, so I am limited to what I can do, so only images. I could put text over it, but then it would lose all of it charm. Like Zeroignite said, you have to read the rules

A flyby would be the ribbon without an orbit device. Of course, that only makes sense if you haven't been in Orbit around that body before, but I think the reasoning is, that getting into Orbit is the next step after getting an encounter (aka flyby). About a gravity slingshot: as far as I understand, a flyby always gives you a gravity slingshot, so only a slingshot which actually got you somewhere should count. And I have no idea how one could represent that. Besides, the original rules page is probably the better place for suggestions like that.

I've restarted to work on the next version! Planned feature are complete rewrite of the script that generate the image, custom ribbon order, some optimisation at other places and new devices for ribbons.

I would like to be able to include the Grand Tour Shield, but I can't successfuly extract each layer as a single png. I would need someone to do it for me if you want me to be able to make a generator for it.

If you have any other feature suggestions about THE WEBSITE, be free to write them here!

(For suggestion about the ribbons, post them on the ribbon thread)

Edited by Moustachauve

The ribbons have been updated to version 1.1.0 !

Those are the changes for this version. Alot of code have been changed, so it is possible that many bug appeared.

Changelog :

- SSTO Wreath is now "Challenge Wreath"

- Meteor Device - Like Impactor, but for hitting the atmosphere.

- Armada Device - For staging more than three craft in orbit and then sending them all off to another world in one encounter window.

- Flag or Monument Device - For leaving an artistic marker on another world.

- Complete rewrite of the script generating the image

- You can now customize the order the ribbons will show

- You can choose between forum resolution or full resolution

- Extreme EVA is now available for Ike

Edited by Moustachauve

So, apparently to the distress of Mr. Manley, I have successfully put a kerbal into orbit around Kerbin using only stock, solid boosters, and got a probe into orbit around Mun using only stock solid boosters, and the new, small inline RCS tank - needed ~100m/s to circularize and solids are too binary for that. Perhaps a ribbon for doin' a solid (Duna solid has a nice ring to it?) anyhow, maybe a solid booster ornament. *shrugs*

Yeah, I'm going to try and go to Duna or maybe even Jool on just solids and a bit of RCS. I doubt I can get intoa circular orbit anywhere with solids past the Mun, but landing on a solid body is mostly a problem of aiming and aerobraking, so i think this might be a neat decoration to add, since it's not entirely impossible, at least for probe missions.

Cheers!

I get this error when trying to log on:

[h=1]Not Acceptable[/h]An appropriate representation of the requested resource /login.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I tried that and the only thing i get in the script is [00:19:41.605] Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped. @ http://code.jquery.com/ui/1.10.1/themes/base/jquery-ui.css:1172

And i even tried uninstalling firefox and reinstalling in case something was off, and still not working.Meh!

Edited by lkalales