[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

I have just consulted the Oxford English Dictionary and it seems to suggest that "oxidizer" is the only correct spelling. Strangely, the dictionary indicates that both "oxidise" and "oxidize" are acceptable. Wikipedia seems to say that both are OK.

Given that I am no longer sure how to spell it correctly and continue my crusade of British English, I think your above suggestion makes perfect sense. I have added it to my list of tweaks to include in the next release of Telemachus.

for the record, I don't mind.

That would explain the access denied error as the default IP used is 127.0.0.1, which is the address of the machine the browser opened on. The secondary IP is the correct IP to use if you want to connect to the machine running KSP from a different device. If your firewall is being a pain you will need to create an exception rule. Usually when Telemachus first tries to listen your firewall will ask you if you want to allow it, but I guess in this case it has not.

What operating system are you using?

Telemachus has a config file (config.xml) where you can specify the port number. This file can be found in the PluginData folder which is somewhere in the Telemachus directory you will have installed.

win8.1, also, make a ksp exception, or something else?

It is indeed a trivial issue, but your point about keeping it consistent with KSP is valid none the less, so as of the current development build it is spelt "oxidizer". I feel it is the small touches which make a project feel more complete :). Now if only I could find a programatic solution to the port exhaustion problem, and the time to improve the client side of Telemachus.

I'm having a problem, I have a Telemachus antenna on the ship and a thermometer, but I click open link in the GUI and it opens a page in chrome, takes a few seconds, then says the page can't be displayed.

Any help?

Could you send me a link to your KSP output please?

Could you send me a link to your KSP output please?

My what?

Did I miss something in the original post?

Edit: it apears im getting errors, it says:

"[Warning]: Part fustekAnntenna cannot load module #3. It only has 3 module defined"

"[Warning]- Partmodule is null."

It repeats this with what im guessing is each part of the ship

Edited by Deadpangod3

Basically I am looking for what it says in the KSP Debug console (you can bring it up by pressing alt+f2):

FpbdXsZ.png

It should give me a clue as to what went wrong. Also what operating system are you using?

FIRST POST!!!

Love the idea of this mod, one quick question.

Is it possible to easily change the color scheme to utilize a black background and/or change the font to a fixed width (like Courier New)? Would give it that old school "Apollo Mission Control" feel. Here is an image i found to help visualize what I'm hoping for (not content/layout specific, just a visual representation)....

http://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/LmTelemetry.jpg

LmTelemetry.jpg

TIA

Looks like you are losing the graphics device. Are you running the game in full screen mode?

FIRST POST!!!

Love the idea of this mod, one quick question.

Is it possible to easily change the color scheme to utilize a black background and/or change the font to a fixed width (like Courier New)? Would give it that old school "Apollo Mission Control" feel. Here is an image i found to help visualize what I'm hoping for (not content/layout specific, just a visual representation)....

TIA

Everything you see is just a set of web pages which can be found in the Telemachus plugin directory. These web pages can be easily tweaked however you like.

Looks like you are losing the graphics device. Are you running the game in full screen mode?

Everything you see is just a set of web pages which can be found in the Telemachus plugin directory. These web pages can be easily tweaked however you like.

damn, should have thought of that. I will have a look at the pages and see what I can tweak. Thanks.

I love this mod! I use it to show my friends why I love this game.

I build some sort of Atlas Mercury rocket with Telemachus on it and place my friend behind my computer while I sit behind another watching the data.

I show them the rocket. Explain the parts and then press IVA. And wish my "astronauts" good luck. Once they hit spacebar it is good fun, trying to get them into orbit. I yell at them what they have to do.(Some are worried that I make them turn to late, others don't understand why they have to turn right.).

I do however wished there was a layout which printed the numbers in stead of graphs. I know it is mentioned above, if I find the time I'll try to write my own "console" screen.

But it would be really awesome if we could make our own pages. All the info we need on a web page we picked out ourself. Just like the custom window editor in Mechjeb. I mean when you are guiding someone through a launch you need a completely different set of data then during a landing. And when the mission is critical it is a bugger to swap tabs (how much fuel, what is the current altitude, what is the vertical / horizontal speed). It might be really useful for the people who have absolutely no knowledge of HTML / Javascript.

Yes, I am running in full screen mode, why?

But it would be really awesome if we could make our own pages. All the info we need on a web page we picked out ourself. Just like the custom window editor in Mechjeb. I mean when you are guiding someone through a launch you need a completely different set of data then during a landing. And when the mission is critical it is a bugger to swap tabs (how much fuel, what is the current altitude, what is the vertical / horizontal speed). It might be really useful for the people who have absolutely no knowledge of HTML / Javascript.

This would be cool and is on my list of features to add. However it is not a priority as it does not give you any additional capability to play KSP using only Telemachus. Also my HTML and JavaScript skills are minimal so this is best left as an addition for someone else to write.

Yes, I am running in full screen mode, why?

Try while not running in full screen and send me the new log.