[0.19] SPO-48 Super Heavy Cargo SSTO

Have you ever wanted to take an orange fuel tank to orbit, but you didn't want to waste a perfectly good rocket? The answer is here! The new SPO-48 spaceplane is just what you need:

KPB2nKS.jpg

MPer6HX.jpg

3ktoJHD.jpg

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/GKhcw#0

Download: http://www./?vy8vpuwakff0jrb

Please post all up to date designs to the Stock Repository! Thank you!

The middle engine should (should) flameout first, giving you adequate warning of low air. I also have action groups established to shut down groups of the engines.

It also has sepatrons mounted on the front landing gear leg to give you that nose kick in the air you need to get off the ground.

Sorry for not explaining this, it was a quick reupload after the forum crash.

This thing is a beast, and YAY the forums are back! :D

EDIT: My reputation! NO! It's all gone! ;(

Not all of it. Mine is :( Well, what was it worth for anyway.

As for the craft of the post, not very good looking, but it sure packs a punch. Good job!

I Like the look of everything but it has To Many Visible Air intakes!:(

Yeah, the intake:engine ratio is a very normal 3:1, but with so many intakes not attached to the engines it looks like much more. I want to make a new version with more hidden intakes, better re-entry and better take-off.

Ahhh, butt ugly like any cargo plane worth its salt. I wanted to design a superheavy tanker SSTO, but then I actually started playing around with aircraft and settled for just getting a few wings and an engine into orbit.

Pa1983 had a really great cargo SSTO on here (before the great forum wipe) that was completely enclosed. It looked like a X-33 and could carry a full orange tank to orbit, but IIRC it was a bit intake spammy.

It is butt-ugly, but I want to improve that in the new version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.