My first Rover

Stilgar2300

My first unmanned mission to Duna, was nearly a failure. First i kept running out of power (Still kept going), second i nearly missed the planet (Still kept going) and finally flipped the damn rover over upon landing and had to use the small rockets i was going to use to propell the parachute off the rover to right myself. I also crushed one of the wheels but i did it!

303kaxv.png

I'm sorry it's not that amazing, but it took me days to get this!

The easiest thing to do for the lack of power is to put the lightest manned capsule that you have and it does not matter how much electricity you have. You could even decouple the kerbal from the main craft when you don't need all of you power.

Funny picture that. I have a couple of similar looking rovers on my mothership ready for my next Duna mission. When testing I discovered I ran into the "one wheel broken" problem also. It kept on happening when the rover decoupled from its insertion stage. I seemed to have fixed it by using different decouplers. I really hope it doesn't rear its ugly head at Duna though. (Luckily I loaded up two rovers just in case).

You end up breaking a wheel if your landing isn't absolutely level, because then the force isn't distributed evenly between all of the wheels. Got to kill that horizontal velocity early.

I can't seem to go to the KSC without ending the flight. anyone else have this issue?

Select space center. Unless you mean you selected space center and it ended the flight, in which case that shouldn't happen and I have no idea.

You end up breaking a wheel if your landing isn't absolutely level, because then the force isn't distributed evenly between all of the wheels. Got to kill that horizontal velocity early.

Select space center. Unless you mean you selected space center and it ended the flight, in which case that shouldn't happen and I have no idea.

I didn't have the option to go back to the Space center. it was like i was accelerating but i wasn't

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.