(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

I vote for Thunderbird 2 :P

As soon as we create a good pickup and delivery system for the Space Eagle, the thunderbirds are go!! Obviously you saw the progress before the forum wipe, I had come a fair way making the TB2, the landing ramp, the ship, legs the lot.. but my god man, trying to lower the TB2 down and slide it nearly over the cargo bay is freaking hard!! everything has to be so precise it's comical, I wish it worked just like the TV show but will take me some more work. You did download the ramp when it was available yeah?

Oh and BTW Devo? During the twitch session, I more or less officially NAMED the WT-51.

It's a big green monster. It's nearly indestructible. It's temperamental. And it breathes fire.

I insist on calling it -

GOJIRA

(Oh no! There goes Tokyo!)

In fact while flying it for the guys in the stream, I played this bit of music.

And hey - you could paint this logo on the side. (The version on the right, of course.)

:D

Here you go mate, custom version just for you... :) Version on the left was much cleaner on the bump map, ill try the other and show you.

image.php?id=CF46_51764E91&jpg

ok I used the right one tell me which one you prefer..

image.php?id=0B56_517654D3&jpg

Edited by Devo

If anyone here is a silent running fan, or a big fan of classic sci ships like that, can you please send me a PM. I'm working on a big project and I'd like a bit of help as far as the scale of it when I build it, it is going to make the Sulaco look like a tonka toy truck. A couple of you I will PM but yeah, this is going to be an absolute whopper.

Does anyone have any tips on attaching the DEMV to the WT-51 in the cargo bay? I have tried everything and the wheels and body just glitch straight through the floor. :/

Use the node attachment part, stick it on the roof on top of the cargo bay so you can build it.

Add a decoupler to that piece

Add the DEMV to the decoupler

grab the node part and move it inside the cargo bay.

Ok, I followed your work for quite a while and decided (unwisely) to download your Aliens homage during the great forum apocalypse. Now, I'm going to download this once I get home from classes. Thanks, I hope that the dropship is fairly easy to fly!

What Logan forgot to tell you about that stream last night Devo is that he dove the WT-51 into the ocean after a sub-orbital hop.

And the only things to break were the rcs blocks and the air intakes. The ship survived the impact.

And nearly survived impact with ground.

Hey Devo, I love the Pegasus and the the wt-51. I havn't been using them long but they are really good mods :) A couple of things I want to ask though. Is it a bug with ksp itself that doesnt allow parts to be attached to an animated part? I tried putting some of bobcats bikes on the landing cargo bay, but they all exploded when I tried to close the bay :(

Also is there a suggested launch profile for the wt-51? I took it up almost vertical on VTOLs (was pitched 5-10 degrees down from the horizon) and had a 300km apoapsis. I then switched to the main engine to circularize at around 200km on the way up, and got a final orbit of 133km.

Use the node attachment part, stick it on the roof on top of the cargo bay so you can build it.

Add a decoupler to that piece

Add the DEMV to the decoupler

grab the node part and move it inside the cargo bay.

Okay..Finally got that to work. Now I have another problem. It seems like the DEMV is glitched with the wheels already down and un drive able. Here's some screen shots.

HxM7YSv.png?1

NCM1l1k.jpg?1

BTW guys - I'm slowly learning how to edit/highlight sections of my videos in Twitch.

Here's a bit of the "pre-show" that I highlighted.

Just messing around in the hanger commenting on the Redspar and Wayland Eagles. With some Barry Grey goodness playing in the background. I think I'm going see about modding the game so that the Thunderbirds march plays during the hanger sequences. :D

More highlights coming as soon as I find/choose/edit them. I don't want to upload the ENTIRE 4 HOURS OF VIDEO!!! :confused:

(And yes - it takes a STUPIDLY LONG TIME for my game to load. Skip to the 6:00 if you want to skip all the loading and extra music and get to the commentary. Thank GOD I managed to not have any actual crashes while streaming! The game CHOKED a few times, but it never outright crashed. Whew!)

Edited by Logan.Darklighter

Do you have a Kerbal in the rover? If there's no Kerbals in it, nothing works. If not - walk a Kerbal from the cockpit of Gojira over to the rover and have him get in and try it then.

Already tried that. Still not working :/ I also decoupled it and still nothing.

Start of the actual scheduled twitch feed from last night.

Introducing myself, the launchpad and the Wayland Eagle.

Also - a funny story about a launch pad that launched itself!!!

Edit:

KSP EAGLES Part 2

We move up to "Munbase Alpha" to show off some precision flying, docking, pick-up and transport with the Eagle.

But it's PITCH BLACK NIGHT on the Mun! Let's do the Time Warp again! (It's just a jump to the left!)

(Also - WARNING. Spoiler for Anomalies on the Mun!)

KSP EAGLES Part 3

Landing with a rover and a memorial. (Spoiler for Anomalies!)

KSP EAGLES Part 4

Do NOT trust me to fly Nuclear Toxic waste away from the Mun! Just DON'T.

Things go VERY wrong. Explosions and BOUNCING Eagles!

KSP EAGLES Part 5

In which I turn the Space 1999 Eagle into a submarine. No. Really.

KSP EAGLES Part 6

In which I gain REVENGE against the VW Kombi Van! WITH FRIKKIN' LASER BEAMS!!! MUA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

(And yes - I do indeed have a patented MAD SCIENTIST LAUGH!!! :D )

KSP EAGLES Part 7

No explosions, nothing goes boom. Just the smoothest take-off, circle the field and landing I think I've ever accomplished. I'm actually proud of this one.

KSP EAGLES Part 8

GOJIRA RISES FROM THE SEA...

(Or the Runway, as the case may be... ^^; )

KSP EAGLES Part 9

I get Gojira into orbit, but at the request of my viewers, he RETURNS TO THE SEA!!! :D

KSP EAGLES Part 10

A final visit to Munbase Alpha and the Neil Armstrong Memorial, then we end the stream on the utterly appropriate note - with an EAGLE CRASHING INTO THE MOON while the 70s wah wah guitar twangs! YES! We did it RIGHT! LOL!! :D

Edited by Logan.Darklighter
Added link to Part 10 of the twitch feed

That Falcon looks great Devo. What you could do to reduce tri's a bit is reduce the models detail in the sides, where all the greebles are and then add it back it with the texture and a heavy normal map.

Yeah that was the plan, all the greebles are already gone :) using a height ref of 6.0, so it looks very bumpy

Hey Devo, I love the Pegasus and the the wt-51. I havn't been using them long but they are really good mods :) A couple of things I want to ask though. Is it a bug with ksp itself that doesnt allow parts to be attached to an animated part? I tried putting some of bobcats bikes on the landing cargo bay, but they all exploded when I tried to close the bay :(

Also is there a suggested launch profile for the wt-51? I took it up almost vertical on VTOLs (was pitched 5-10 degrees down from the horizon) and had a 300km apoapsis. I then switched to the main engine to circularize at around 200km on the way up, and got a final orbit of 133km.

this is a bug with KSP sorry, try it with for example with a bobcat vehicle that has a moving part, like the DEMVmk5. The hatch at the front has the same problem. The only people who overcame this bug was r4mon with damned robotics which requires ze plugins.

Excuse me Devo, but I have some problems.

1: On that big beast guy wt-51, I tried the MK2 version. I have no idea how to fly this thing. I do a VTOL takeoff, at 40km it starts to pitch back (or forwards, blame my memory), so I have to engage the main engines. However, if I turn off the VTOLS but keep the main engines on, it just pitches forward and nothing can stop it but the VTOL engines.

2: On the X2 shuttle, while under power in space, it likes to pitch down, even with RCS on. It takes ASAS on full pitch up to keep her steady.

Excuse me Devo, but I have some problems.

1: On that big beast guy wt-51, I tried the MK2 version. I have no idea how to fly this thing. I do a VTOL takeoff, at 40km it starts to pitch back (or forwards, blame my memory), so I have to engage the main engines. However, if I turn off the VTOLS but keep the main engines on, it just pitches forward and nothing can stop it but the VTOL engines.

2: On the X2 shuttle, while under power in space, it likes to pitch down, even with RCS on. It takes ASAS on full pitch up to keep her steady.

MK2, all I did was balance out the new tank and engine to be the same as the MK1, but as it is shorter or more stubby it has a tendency to move forward or backward depending on the cargo, I did notice this also, just need to play with it a bit more and work out the kinks, if you come up with a good combination of parts for the mk2 thats stable let me know. As I said, they weigh the same as the others so technically they should perform in a similar fashion.

2. The X2 Shuttle I gave a thrust vector of 0,0,0, ie dead straight. The nose is tipping down because the thing really needed a small increment pointing downward, to increase the level thrust, I will add about 15 percent to the vector, that should keep it stable during orbital flight.

on a side note..

Votes so far:

Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system

15 29.41%

ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]

11 21.57%

I am sort of glad these two are in the lead, I was hoping people would want these more than a silly hyperdrive ship :) I have modelled the dropship over about 4 months, or december . and the silent running domes are already done, it's the other part of that project that will be coming also, if I said what it was people wouldn't believe me :) but you know our saying here, if we don't try we'll never know.

Edited by Devo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.