(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

YOW!!!!

Mother of God indeed!

I like the idea as proof of concept but I don't much like the SHAPE of the vessel. At least on the outside. That bay is sweet though.

I have little doubt though that you'll be refining that and making it more interesting looking. On that note, I have another suggestion -

Keeping with the Kaiju theme - what you have there is not Gojira, but...

GAMERA!!! :D

Gamera_1999.jpg

He even flies! With ROCKETS! :D

gamera-in-flight1.jpg

3hKvPI2.jpg

So yeah -

Giant Rocket Powered Flying Turtles FOR THE WIN!!!

:D

AHAHAHHAHAHA

thats it. doing a new logo... Flying turtle it is :)

Oh , Logan will send you the prototype in a short while, just woke up

Some updates via pics.

Here are Eagles 1, 2, and 3 parked between the first two outpost modules of what will hopefully become Munbase Alpha in the future.

jqauSec.jpg

And here's the entire complement of Munbase Alpha as of last night (save for one guy off doing comm tower work at the beacon. I didn't feel like dragging him over from a kilometer away, even with the buggy).

Jebediah, Bill, and Bob are front and center.

725yme3.jpg

In anticipation of Eagles that use the resource system, I've created a couple of Kethane modules. These are proof of concept units so far. The idea is to be able to drop one in an area, drill and store Kethane and crack it to other fuels for transfer (currently using the Merlin system, though I'm exploring the possibility of making them more conventionally dock-able with ground based rover "fuel trucks".)

The first one was a "throw together" unit just to prove that the things worked. I've already tested this one and it works just fine. you can drop it and pick it back up again. Or leave it to drill and store Kethane. But it's a small unit and can't transfer a lot at one time.

Cejlclp.jpg

After figuring out how to make flight stable pods with the LLL Pack, I decided to try making a new unit for drilling and cracking that looks more like what you'd see from the 1999 source material.

gJFMJOB.jpg

This one works just fine as well. And the Kethane storage is MUCH bigger. The Eagle flies just fine either with the tank empty or full. (though as always, be careful maneuvering with that "nose dive" issue with a load).

lRR9Mzf.jpg

aKmhJQx.jpg

Unfortunately, I've run into the same problem with this pod that I did with the passenger version. Attempting to release it from the docking clamps causes breakage. At bare minimum, it'll tear apart the pod...

BXizsPD.jpg

At worst... well...

1R3Lbju.jpg

Good thing I quicksaved before each attempt!

Obviously this needs work. Though you can just leave the Eagle in place and it'll serve nicely as a mobile Kethane prospector.

And lastly - I'm going to attempt something ambitious with Gojira - lofting the core of a space station into orbit. If this works, I'll see if I can place another one in orbit at the Mun so both can serve as refueling waystations.

SmyPnrr.jpg

oULq0nF.jpg

How I'm going to maneuver those three modules OUT of the bay is anyone's guess...

Wish me luck!

Edited by Logan.Darklighter
One additional comment

What you could do is set up future Eagles to use the Kerbal Attachment System. Have one set up as a mobile Kethane miner/refinery like you already have, but give it fuel hoses. Then you never need to detach the Kethane refinery component from it. Just attach the KAS mountable connector ports to any other Eagles in the SPH, land them near the refiner Eagle, EVA hoses across and refill their propellent!

Do you have the newest version? If you do, don't have anything attached to the connector on the winch itself. Then use a mountable connector port on what you want to "dock" with. The KAS page itself goes into more detail.

Wow - my parts must be WAY out of date! That's all new stuff! *scampers off to download*

AHAHAHHAHAHA

thats it. doing a new logo... Flying turtle it is :)

Oh , Logan will send you the prototype in a short while, just woke up

You realise now that you've set a naming precedent for your vehicles?

You should make an inter-orbit vessel with a pair of huge solar wings called Mothra. :P

Gojira. Gamera. And Mothra.

Holy freaking heck, this has turned into the most awesome series of mods in forever.

Will the "Mothra" be the WT-53? :P

I wonder, should we start calling Devo the King of Monster Island? :)

While we're talking about all these mythical Beasties, let's not forget this little bird of prey...

-snip-

Haha, yep. It's unofficial now. Devo is definitely the King of Monster Island.

Also, my knowledge is very limited on that, but what's the picture of? ;)

Haha, yep. It's unofficial now. Devo is definitely the King of Monster Island.

Also, my knowledge is very limited on that, but what's the picture of? ;)

It's the Hawk, also from the show Space:1999, like the Eagle. The Eagle is a utility craft, and the Hawk is a space fighter. :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_IX_Hawk

It was actually only seen in one episode of the series called "War Games". But most people who have seen the show remember it vividly.

Here is a shortened version of the episode from youtube if your interested.

I wonder, should we start calling Devo the King of Monster Island? :)

While we're talking about all these mythical Beasties, let's not forget this little bird of prey...

F6FHUFr.jpg

Yeah I really wanna do that one at some point. I figured Munbase alpha would take the longest, and now I can deliver all the parts in the new 'Gamera' :)

It's been a busy day, made a whole load of parts, will post them for the testers tonight, just had to go down the park and test my 'other' mod...

Well, no surprise to anyone here I'm into VTOL aircraft lol, and a big hobby of mine is RC quadcopters. I have an AR drone 2.0 and a few other ones, but I actually like tinkering with the cheap toys you get from the mall. You can get a lot off cheap, good stuff these days, and when you spend $20-$40, your fear factor goes way down when you pull them apart and re-build them. This was originally a ladybird quadcopter, weighing in at 80 grams, replaced the bearings and motors of course but didn't boost it that much, the bigger battery is needed for the extra weight it carries now. The next step is mounting WIFI and arduino boards to them and creating a flock of drones muwahahah :)

I tested many weights on this to see basically if I could still flip the thing 360 degrees with added weight, and my limit was 20 grams. So basically you have 20 grams to play with.

Meet HAL9001, the $20 quadcopter with about $30 worth of gear modded on top, so really this is all in all worth about $50 all up, and of course a bit of effort.. with arduino and wifi, prob looking at $100 plus coding.

image.php?id=101E_517CA101&jpg

image quality is ok. alot of the problem is interference from the engines and wobble, but you can make out whats going on at least, audio is pretty useless, all it sounds like it a jet turbine the whole time.

This is probably about 20meters up, was a bit windy couldn't really go much higher.

image.php?id=0D54_517CA9D8&jpg

Edited by Devo

Devo do you know how to make the R2DJeb work off of mechjeb2.0.7 instead of 1.9.8? I tried looking at the part .cfg but that wasn't really helpful, and that one method I was told involving editing the persistent file seems a little like a sketchy junkyard swap out rather than reliable switch.

Mechjeb can't even fly the T-51 above 3K without it doing backflips.

Mechjeb isn't required for the WT-51, if you use it I can't predict what it will do sorry. I can take off and get to orbit with a full load without anything other than ASAS and RCS. Watch the video, not only doesnt it backflip, its stable enough to mess around with things and forget about flying.

If you are using the Pegasus X, then mechjeb 1.19, if you use Pegasus2X, then you can use either it seems, works for both on mine anyway.

If you are doing backflips at 3km, then something is being drained unevenly. The rear and front tanks should drain simultaneously to get you to about 25,000m and the cargo bay should do the rest. As for Mechjeb 2.0, have not really used it alot to be honest.

I ask because 1.9.8 will be replaced eventually and it would be totally unusable once that happens, and I'd rather not lose R2.

Edit: Well not totally unusable, that's exaggeration but I hope my point I'm trying to make gets across.

Your work is appreciated, thank you.

I ask because 1.9.8 will be replaced eventually and it would be totally unusable once that happens, and I'd rather not lose R2.

Edit: Well not totally unusable, that's exaggeration but I hope my point I'm trying to make gets across.

Your work is appreciated, thank you.

That's just a little tweak in part cfg. I'm currently not at home. When I'm back I can post the string for you.

If you have problems with backflips or unbalanced spacecraft if they start burning you should try this balancer it's made vtol very easy to build.

Or if you need strong RCS this is the solution VTOL (if you take a look in the vtol Part.cfg you see how you can add the plugin to any engine

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.