(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

"Roads??? Where We're going... we don't need roads..." :cool:

Lol.. yeah I sorta had to admit thats sorta what I had in mind. The wheels are supposed to be a mix of BTTF1/2/3 all in the one wheel. The engine part tho, I sorta had to make from RCS thrusters

so it was not so messy and hovered nicely.

I was going to model a Delorean (which I have to say is pretty hard, I started on the shell and failed miserably!) So I thought hang on, what if it doesn't work in the end? So I used the FL1 rover body as the prototype (gull wing doors!)

What I am working on now is a wheel that rotates itself, rather than using damned robotics. It's working ok, but the moment you fold the wheel out it stops being at centre position and flips out a bit, so I need to rotate the wheen on the axis itself and not move the suspension arm, but should be pretty cool.

I might release the 5 wheel pack before the 10 wheel pack, still some stuff do do.

Some new wheelys..

Magnatech.. levitating suspension hollow rims (the outer rim spins of course, the central arm stays and turns the wheel. Magnets on either side of the arm charge the wheel in reverse polarity to achieve the desired spin.

Each one containing 1500 units of juice with embedded battery pack. Capable of speeds of 160m/s but steering is disengaged at 50m/s to avoid fatalities.

image.php?id=0B87_51B56BFC&jpg

image.php?id=A200_51B56BFC&jpg

image.php?id=C73C_51B56BFC&jpg

YES!!! I want trains in KSP so bad!

Your making some really amazing wheels Devo!! I am in fact constructing a clock tower with lightning rod in my KSP....

Question:

Will the rover with the hover wheels on it reach 88mph? =P its very important.....

Wait till you guys see what is coming next :) (dont tell them sirkut! :))

Have sort of changed the direction in making mods now. It is 2000% more enjoyable just sitting down with a blank canvas and thinking what you can create.. When you are doing Sci fi ships, wow... does it get boring after a while. I think mainly because you know what already needs to be done, and it's a matter of actually just physically making the thing, where as this new project is pretty much unique and really is entertaining making original stuff, I sat on my PC from 8am to 4am on saturday night, so I did a good solid 20 hours on the PC, sure I was tired but it was so worth it. So as some might have guessed, the Magna-Tech pack is sort of what im working on at the moment, where everything is in some way eletrically powered or uses magnets in some way shape or form. I didnt really plan on it, but after a few devices I think im set on this idea for now.

I have a new prototype vehicle I'm working on which I should hopefully have finished by this evening, there is only one small hitch I am having so far and it's purely down to an animation pre-fab, nothing I can't handle with a bit more sleep up my sleeve lol...

So when will you be releasing a stable build of the dropship i have built it several times every version go crazy with or without RCS or ASAS and will you be removing hydrotech from the craft files

Sorry to say, that the dropship you see is the dropship you get. I had no issues flying it to the Mun or Duna and landing it as shown in many videos, without cheating with hyperedit or mechjeb - if you are having issues flying it

all we can do is have a look at your build and see where you may have gone wrong.

Not removing Hydrotech as the Dropship was designed from the ground up using it. From the get go I knew he craft wasnt going to fly - it can't Not with those puny little tail fins producing 90 percent of the lift.

The dropship was alot of work for very little purpose - to drop from the sulaco, make it to the planet surface and drop the APC so really for the amount of time involved in such a craft and the so few people using it, it seems hard to justify the time involved sorry.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.