[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Too much awesome!

Probably because the parts are really detailed? Remove the mod, turn down the resolution of all the parts, and then re-load the mod.

Other detailed parts run without problems.

BobCat

First and foremost THANK YOU! This new set of craft is awesome.

I have a few minor (very minor) nitpicks:

(All my rocket flights/landings are done using MechJeb 2.0.8 dev66)

- You included Lionhead's solar panels... but forgot to attach them to the Orion module in the Ares I stack :)

- In the LER Cargo Ares V craft file, you attached the LERs to the cargo deck without any decoupling mechanisms so you can't deploy them once they are landed, that I can see, maybe I missed something?

- Because of the way the Altair main lander chassis fits to the crew module or cargo deck, it's possible to decouple the cargo deck from the lander, which leads to chaos (I did it by accident trying to deploy the LERs) :)

- There's a minor error in the staging of the Ares V / Altair crew lander craft file that activates the lander ascent stage engine when the EDS stage ignites.

- Ares I still has the falling-over-in-the-gravity-turn issue. I am pretty sure that can be tuned out in the ascent profile though.

Other than that it gets a big fat thumbs up! :)

Welcome... build your Mun outpost and prepare your skill to Duna colonization.

I'm pretty sure I know what that means :)

no... im need small rest...

fix AP errors

fix SP errors

fix ISS errors

update ISS

update SP

and after that update AP...

Whatever you do, don't stop being awesome Bobcat! Your work seriously puts almost all of the fun into KSP for me.

/Doublepoststupidity

In game console?

I've been getting the same error with trying to move any Soviet Pack ship to the landing pad; it used to work with the previous .20 versions (or crash after using too much memory before then), but now they all either lock up at loading, which I think is trying to load ships without the correct parts included... Or if you have all the associated parts, and confirm the model is ok by loading it into the VAB, they all crash with the same Runtime error when you try and go to the launch pad. It looks like this for me in WinXP:

Runtime.png

Edited by Titler

no... im need small rest...

You deserve it, you work too hard BobCat! :D

Something that I've wondered for awhile now: Is there some reason that you haven't included the Lunokhod in the Soviet Pack? That seems like the obvious place for it.

Great job Bobcat! However, besides the decouplers missing on Altair cargo deck, I also noticed a few more issues:

1. Probes (Altair cargo deck and Atlas V payload base) are missing "CrewCapacity = 0". It stucks 3 kerbals inside them!

2. Orion main parachutes don't open if activated very low (e.g. when activating LES on the launch pad). I fixed that by reordering parachute definitions in Orion_dockport/part.cfg: drogue parachute must be defined first, main parachute later.

3. In orion internal, camera on centre-right window (when double-clicking it) is a bit too forward, it's already on the outside.

You deserve it, you work too hard BobCat! :D

Something that I've wondered for awhile now: Is there some reason that you haven't included the Lunokhod in the Soviet Pack? That seems like the obvious place for it.

It's partially broken, that's why he removed it. Or at least never put it in until/if he fixes it since the pack is his most 'official' release aside from his nonrealistic work.

BobCat

First and foremost THANK YOU! This new set of craft is awesome.

I have a few minor (very minor) nitpicks:

(All my rocket flights/landings are done using MechJeb 2.0.8 dev66)

- You included Lionhead's solar panels... but forgot to attach them to the Orion module in the Ares I stack :)

- In the LER Cargo Ares V craft file, you attached the LERs to the cargo deck without any decoupling mechanisms so you can't deploy them once they are landed, that I can see, maybe I missed something?

- Because of the way the Altair main lander chassis fits to the crew module or cargo deck, it's possible to decouple the cargo deck from the lander, which leads to chaos (I did it by accident trying to deploy the LERs) :)

- There's a minor error in the staging of the Ares V / Altair crew lander craft file that activates the lander ascent stage engine when the EDS stage ignites.

- Ares I still has the falling-over-in-the-gravity-turn issue. I am pretty sure that can be tuned out in the ascent profile though.

I found these issues as well, but a great looking pack, thanks.

Does anyone know if when Ksp crashes it tells you what caused it to crash? If so how do I check what caused it to crash. Is that I downloaded the American Pack and suddenly got these crashes but don't want to delete it entirely, so I want to see if a specific part is causing the crashes or is it the entire pack.

It's partially broken, that's why he removed it. Or at least never put it in until/if he fixes it since the pack is his most 'official' release aside from his nonrealistic work.

That makes sense. It explains the unofficially updated version of it that was on Spaceport recently.

I've been getting the same error with trying to move any Soviet Pack ship to the landing pad; it used to work with the previous .20 versions (or crash after using too much memory before then), but now they all either lock up at loading, which I think is trying to load ships without the correct parts included... Or if you have all the associated parts, and confirm the model is ok by loading it into the VAB, they all crash with the same Runtime error when you try and go to the launch pad. It looks like this for me in WinXP:

Runtime.png

This is EXACTLY what is happening to me!!!! And I don't even have it on Steam!!!

I even tried it via. VAB and it still doesn't work. :huh:

@Bobcat ... DUDE ... The updated American Pack is awesome. I love every bit of it. First thing I did was launch a Orion to do a crew transfer from my MIR station :D I'm working on a ground base for Mun to use the LER's on. Need to get heights set right for the docking ports. Over all very good, much fun.

339164.gif

Great job, Mr. Cat!

I also noticed the three-man Ares V payload base, etc. issue. Easy enough to fix for now via the .cfg change. Very minor. The staging issue that causes the ascent engine on the lander to burn is more annoying than game-breaking.

I also have had a number of issues with the SRBs on the Ares V overstressing their built-in radial decouplers. I went into the .cfg on the SRB part and changed the tolerances from 5000 to 7000, and that seems to have fixed it.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the package!

Thanks all to fast feedback.

And fast bugfix

- fix crew capacity for unmanned pods

-fix cargo LER craft file

-fix Altair craft file

-fix Orion left main window camera

Ok, so got the latest version yesterday, and i did a flight to the Mun and back with the lander and orion. Two things i noticed. First, the Orion with its huge solid rocket goes to fast at low altitudes and once it separates i can't control the rocket anymore. I build my own rocket to get the orion into orbit instead. Perhaps there is a trick to getting it up?

Second, the Orion second parachutes do not slow down the module. Do i need to cut the dogue shoots first?