[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

A kerbal is 64% the size of a human, so it's logical that all human rocket are scaled down to fit their size if they use it. Think to a midget, I think it's Volkswagen that made a Golf downscaled to fit the size of a couple of midget.

Kerbals are of different proportions than humans, so there's no point making KSP rockets exactly scaled with Kerbals, because often, their heads wouldn't fit, as with Soyuz. So you either make the interior bigger than the external model or forgo the 64% scaling altogether and just go for "close enough". Since the latter approach allows much higher flexibility (because it can be made compatible with "standard" part sizes), I prefer it.

Kerbals are of different proportions than humans, so there's no point making KSP rockets exactly scaled with Kerbals, because often, their heads wouldn't fit, as with Soyuz. So you either make the interior bigger than the external model or forgo the 64% scaling altogether and just go for "close enough". Since the latter approach allows much higher flexibility (because it can be made compatible with "standard" part sizes), I prefer it.

Yeah, midget size are proportionally different too ;) The point is, if you scale the rockets exactly as they're IRL, it'll be almost 2 times too big. I understand what you're saying with the interior, but I prefer have an interior that is almost proportioned and the whole rocket nicely proportioned than a rocket way too big for our tiny kerbals. And do you really think that if you were 64% your size and your head was 3/4 of your body you'd still want to drive a car that's as big as a normal human sized one ?

It's a game about little green men, not to mention an alpha. I'm not advocating scaling them as they're IRL, I'm advocating scaling them to what works best. Is that so difficult to understand? 64% gives a weird size that can't be used with anything but itself, not to mention it's impossible to downscale some parts (Soyuz) to that size, because the crew wouldn't fit. I'm only asking for exteriors to be proportional with each other, and to fit nicely with standard diameters. Currently, BobCat fails at both. The former, since the Soyuz (and because of that, Progress and Kliper) aren't rescaled to 64%, and the latter because stuff that is rescaled to 64% is halfway between 2.5m and 3.75m, therefore not fitting with either.

I was spend little time to rescale the KOSMOS parts to Soviet Pack scale,of BobCat and all are fixed...

If you like the Soviet Pack,you can do this...i don't think,there is somebody don't like the amazing work of BobCat,and of the CardBoardProccesor,ofcourse.

These two packs,together are so close complete of the Soviet Program,and if somebody need this (all spacecrafts of the Soviet Era Space Program),he can find solution!

It's a game about little green men, not to mention an alpha. I'm not advocating scaling them as they're IRL, I'm advocating scaling them to what works best. Is that so difficult to understand? 64% gives a weird size that can't be used with anything but itself, not to mention it's impossible to downscale some parts (Soyuz) to that size, because the crew wouldn't fit. I'm only asking for exteriors to be proportional with each other, and to fit nicely with standard diameters. Currently, BobCat fails at both. The former, since the Soyuz (and because of that, Progress and Kliper) aren't rescaled to 64%, and the latter because stuff that is rescaled to 64% is halfway between 2.5m and 3.75m, therefore not fitting with either.

I just did a bit of math and compared to the IRL sizes, Soyuz looks perfectly good compared to Mir ;)

I was spend little time to rescale the KOSMOS parts to Soviet Pack scale,of BobCat and all are fixed...

If you like the Soviet Pack,you can do this...i don't think,there is somebody don't like the amazing work of BobCat,and of the CardBoardProccesor,ofcourse.

These two packs,together are so close complete of the Soviet Program,and if somebody need this (all spacecrafts of the Soviet Era Space Program),he can find solution!

Which rescale factor did you use ? 0.64 seems logical, am I right ?

Dragon01

If you dont like this mod, dont use them. All simply ))) Use KOSMOS pack.

Except that KOSMOS has no MIR nor any of the LVs, and your pack doesn't have Salyut, FSM nor Parom, all of which can be created using KOSMOS pack. Also, it was fine until the rescale.

BTW - it turned out that Energia's Zenit boosters are quite useful for SHLVs. Here is mine:

http://www.asmitech.com/Stuff/KSP/SHLV_Pad1.png

http://www.asmitech.com/Stuff/KSP/SHLV_Pad2.png

Lift-off mass: 818.74 T

http://www.asmitech.com/Stuff/KSP/SHLV_Payload.png

Payload to 100km x 100km x 0°: 130.43 T

Pretty impressive I can tell! :)

Edited by asmi

To make Bobcat Mir and Soyuz scale together as they should (and to fit with Kosmos scale), you can edit the cfgs like this:

Mir modules: rescaleFactor = 1.25

Mir probe: rescaleFactor = 1

Mir docking ports: rescaleFactor = 0.85

Proton parts: rescaleFactor = 1.25

Soyuz: rescaleFactor = 1

Soyuz Block-D: rescaleFactor = 1.8 (also set the LiquidFuel and Oxidizer to 720 and 880)

Note: cBBp's parts are not perfect either. I've had to rescale the KVTK tanks to 2.1 and the Dragon to 1, and all the Kosmos parts are too heavy. But that's the fun of having modifiable cfg files. You can set everything the way you really want it.

After rescale i do not guarantee the correct operation of all the parts. With the increasing size of the parts is weakening the power of the node points and surface connections. You may be faced with very strong wooble.

Well, it's the fact that the interiors stop working properly because their size does not change. )))

Also about CBBP parts.

If you change mass you have wooble too. )))

In KSP world the smaller part, the better for physics. ))

Edited by BobCat