FusTek Parts [.20][Munox, Karmony Modules, Station Parts, Docking Nodes] [19.X]

fusty

Hmmm... May I also request something? Can you maybe make a bigger version of the Radial Attachment point?

You mean a bigger version of the stock circular plates that are surface-attachable that allow stack-attachmnets? I bet I could make that happen too, though we'll see how quickly I can get my computer back in action. I have a free hard-drive replacement on the way thanks to some seagate 1TB repalcement program due to faulty drives.

Yes, that would be the one... It would really make attaching larger than stock ports easier... I know they're surface attachable, but oft-times they tend to be facing the wrong way... In any case, you can of course give it the FusTek classy feel!

Not sure why, but after installing the parts, the game wouldn't load. Kept hanging on loading "Munox". So I had to delete all the files for that. Then It would load again. Something about those parts breaks the game.

Could you let me know the approximate percentage the loading bar is at? That'll let me know if it is the IVA or one of the parts itself. Could you also hit alt+f2 (after the loading bar begins to progress) before it hangs up and let me know what kinds of messages the log throws when it hangs up on the munox part/iva?

Thank you!

I've already unloaded everything named "Munox". I could try loading again. But IIRC it was fairly early in the loading bar progression. Like about 1/4 or earlier.

EDIT: I loaded all the internals (Props and Spaces) and the game loaded just fine.

Not that many parts to go through. And I'm doing other stuff than playing games this morning. I can let KSP load in the background while I work and see what parts are breaking it specifically.

Edited by Logan.Darklighter
Addtional info

Good news. I think I had a corrupted install the first couple of times. I carefully added each individual part in and booted the game each time. Finally got all of them in and they all work now.

Man... You must have a lot of spare time... Or patience...

Did your harddrive on your faster computer pull a forum maneuver? How badly did that set you back? (insert mandatory joke about October)

No data loss luckily, everything important was on dropbox. But these turkey's at apple are taking their sweet time on the replacement.

Wonderful Apple, builds pretty expensive machines that can burn you, and fry themselves. (If you couldn't tell, I am the somewhat less proud owner of a 2008 vintage unibody MBP)

Whoever decided that the bottom of a metal laptop should be directly over, and part of the system's heatsink apparatus is a moron.

Edited by shadowsutekh

Wonderful Apple, builds pretty expensive machines that can burn you, and fry themselves. (If you couldn't tell, I am the somewhat less proud owner of a 2008 vintage unibody MBP)

Whoever decided that the bottom of a metal laptop should be directly over, and part of the system's heatsink apparatus is a moron.

Got a Dell laptop here... I know that feel brah... Heatsink's in such a position relative to the important parts that it doesn't do much... It keeps the laptop from overheating at times of strain, but not by a lot...

Huh... I've had no heating issues with my early 2011 Macbook Pro. It gets warm, but its never that warm. Maybe the older versions don't handle heat as well?

I was joking about frying themselves, but yeah I fell asleep working on college homework and stuff and somehow woke up with a blistering burn on the side of my hand. Still have a faint scar from that...Little disturbed I can sleep through getting a 2nd degree burn (Yes I do feel pain, I'm not one of those IMO unfortunate people).

This is actually the 2nd 2008 MPB I've owned, after the first got destroyed by my former roommate and his girlfriend. That was fun. But I digress, the bottoms of both got warm enough to worry about burning unless I get a cooling pad involved, or a heat sink in the form of something thick enough and solid to place between skin and computer while sitting, and I also keep the poorly placed vent clear too.

Huh... I've had no heating issues with my early 2011 Macbook Pro. It gets warm, but its never that warm. Maybe the older versions don't handle heat as well?

I've found that they do get PRETTY hot :) with my early MBP, the fan alone just acts like a big hairy dog in Death Vally

Sorry Fusty, I appear to have accidentally caused a threadjack from your awesome parts to mildly connected computer construction discussion.

One thing I've learned in my years of forum threadin' is that hijacking a thread for a while isn't always a bad thing. As long as it's brought back on topic...

Fusty, here's an idea- Docking lights! If you've played X3 (Reunion, Terran Conflict, whichever), you'll know what I mean. If not- it's basically a little "runway" outlined with blinking lights deployed from the docking port at a distance of 25~30-meters...

You mean like floating lights that sorta guide you in? I might have to play around with this idea tonight!

Apple is out of commission but I've Frankensteined a computer together that can run ksp and unity and photoshop at home so I should be more or less back in business.

No worries on the threadjacking, I just wish it didn't throw the thread to the top of the list each time . . .

You mean like floating lights that sorta guide you in? I might have to play around with this idea tonight!

Apple is out of commission but I've Frankensteined a computer together that can run ksp and unity and photoshop at home so I should be more or less back in business.

No worries on the threadjacking, I just wish it didn't throw the thread to the top of the list each time . . .

Yes, exactly!

Also... Any thread exposure is good exposure?

One thing I've learned in my years of forum threadin' is that hijacking a thread for a while isn't always a bad thing. As long as it's brought back on topic...

Fusty, here's an idea- Docking lights! If you've played X3 (Reunion, Terran Conflict, whichever), you'll know what I mean. If not- it's basically a little "runway" outlined with blinking lights deployed from the docking port at a distance of 25~30-meters...

@Fusty:

Is it possible to have strobing lights? Red or white at the end, with green at the base of the light rails? Does the engine allow for multi-colored light strings?

Would they be collapsible? Also would it be better to have the docking light strands have no colliders like struts? Or entirely collidable? I forsee isssues with either through the nature of vessel design/unrealistic object interaction.

Edited by shadowsutekh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.