[0.21] Kerbal LiveFeed: Passive Multiplayer Plugin/Client/Server v0.7.1

SodiumEyes

Apparently there is a bug in jQuery UI which makes the site completly white after just one container (div) got bad information in it. Thats kinda annoying as I can't stop this. In the meantime you should try and use the servers listed on the front page of this thread.

EDIT: I found out that every server that has connection issues (does not allow socket connections or a simple timout) causes these problems. Every server that does so will now be removed by hand in case I notice this. In the meantime I try to fix this.

EDIT2: Probably changing it to Bootstrap (http://getbootstrap.com)... In case you got suggestions add me on Steam: byter09

Edited by Byter

I've tried using this plugin several times as it looks like a joy to use, but each time it has frozen KSP and ultimately locked up my computer, making me force a shutdown. I followed all of the instructions properly, and since I am using a Mac, launched the exe in the KSP directory with Mono. I launch the game first, launch the client, and the load a save. All that I get is the GUI, the dark loading screen with the Space Center bird chirping thing playing. After this everything just freezes up... However, I was able to launch it once without it freezing, and it did not appear to be connected (I could tell because the chat was running in the console but it couldn't see it in game.) Any ideas of what may be going wrong? It sure as hell looks fun to use with friends, but I'm not willing to risk forcing my computer to shutdown much more :/ certainly don't want to damage anything.

Hi fellow Kerbnauts.

short ans simple, i followed the instruction to connect to the server through the game and it just wont work.

the long and complex explanation is that, me and my friend recently re-downloaded this mod and i am hosting a private server on the computer i am running the game and the client on. I have connected to the server using my internal IP (since localhost did not work), and I have followed the steps to load the chat into the game, this is where the problem lies the game cannot see the client and cannot pickup the chat and the client cannot read what is being sent from the game.

I have included a screenshot of the Server, client and game with the 2 menus to show the problem.

pZRRZsr.png?1

(yes i know the internal IP is visible but u cant do anything with it, that and it is 1.00 in the morning here)

In the picture me and my friend can talk through the client but not through game. the example in the picture was i type "test1" he replies "test2", and if i say "hello1" he replies "hello2". i types test1 on the client and hello1 in the game he saw and replied to test1 but never saw hello1 which is also shown through the server

If anyone can tell me what i am doing wrong or suggest a fix, i would appreciate it. :)

If you need anything else please send me a message and i will reply as soon as i can.

Thanks in advance, Haybale100

P.S. it may not help but i am running all this on a Sony VAIO E Series 14P running Windows 8 64-bit with a 64-bit processor and a Intel Core i7 -3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz and 8.00GB of RAM. I don't know if that will help but its there anyway

I'm not sure if anyone saw my earlier post, so allow me to quote myself:

Not sure if this is a known problem, but on Linux, when I click the chat box and type something, it forwards the key inputs to the game as well. This results in unintended stage separation, camera changes, the map opening and closing and a whole lot of other stuff.

This happened back in 0.20 with the 0.6.something version and is still happening in 0.21.1 with KLF 0.7.0.

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

This happened back in 0.20 with the 0.6.something version and is still happening in 0.21.1 with KLF 0.7.0.

Hurdles to provide input to this plugin: switch to client window to chat. Move POV to avoid GUI clickthrough onto parts in the VAB.

I'll try a bunch of other open source plugins to see if any have avoided/solved this problem.

Bug report:

For some reason, the KLF UI is not displaying certain letters in text. I first noticed that d's were missing (seeming replaced by spaces), and later noticed cases of other letters missing as well. Irritating, but not game-breaking.

Screenshot:

klf-letter-bug.png

[EDIT]

Turns out this may or may not be a problem with KLF; I noticed the same bug in the normal KSP UI. That said, I don't recall seeing it before I installed KLF, so...I'unno.

Edited by SilverlightPony

Great mod, loving the new additions, just a suggestion, you should be able to chat from the client, not just from KSP, just an idea, becaue I start my client before KSp starts, and I wana chat pretty much straight away. Hope this mod gets better and better :D

Great mod, loving the new additions, just a suggestion, you should be able to chat from the client, not just from KSP, just an idea, becaue I start my client before KSp starts, and I wana chat pretty much straight away. Hope this mod gets better and better :D

For me this is possible? I just go to the client and type in stuff...press enter and it is send. Also starting the client first is very important. Don't change that :P

EDIT:

Bug report:

For some reason, the KLF UI is not displaying certain letters in text. I first noticed that d's were missing (seeming replaced by spaces), and later noticed cases of other letters missing as well. Irritating, but not game-breaking.

[EDIT]

Turns out this may or may not be a problem with KLF; I noticed the same bug in the normal KSP UI. That said, I don't recall seeing it before I installed KLF, so...I'unno.

First start the client and after that KSP. Very important step... :P

Edited by Byter

I'm having problems starting the server on my Ubuntu server, the mono binary works fine on my desktop but the server is just spitting it out with the following error

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.

at KLFServer.ServerMain.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.

at KLFServer.ServerMain.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: Scratch that! I finally got it to work, turns out that Ubuntu doesn't install all the mono libs that came packed with the version of mono that mint 13 installs, (I think) I fixed this by issuing sudo apt-get install mono-xsp2 mono-xsp2-base in case anybody else has this issue.

Edited by tytiger
Update, Fixed the problem.

First start the client and after that KSP. Very important step... :P

Noted, thanks.

New problem: Finally got more than one other player on my server, and we can chat with them, but they don't show up on the list and we can't see their ships.

klf-missing-players-bug.png

[EDIT]

Turns out at least one of the missing players was chatting from the KLF program window itself, and hadn't even launched KSP yet, which was why he wasn't showing up. Not sure about the other one.

It would be nice if there was some kind of indicator for this.

Edited by SilverlightPony

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.