[0.21] Kerbal LiveFeed: Passive Multiplayer Plugin/Client/Server v0.7.1

SodiumEyes

Which server are you joining? I was on an hour ago and there were already 10 people on. Look at the server list in the first post of this thread it shows how many people are on

Address:

klf.kerbalsp.com:2075

14 people online currently

Edited by HoY

i'd have to say this is a fun and helpful mod, getting input from alot more people, able to share craft files and pictures without needing a webhosting service, it's amazing

dos this meand hwn i leav the game my frend can se my ship and hwen i log in i can se his ships. ore is it so it uptdates the potision.... can i see his ship at all

n

(dang, have a few extra characters)

You can see the positions of his ships in the orbital map while he and you are both connected to a KLF server. You won't be able to see him ship physically in game. This is why there's no multiplayer built in. It's incredibly difficult.

Is there any chance at an update for this? We all love it, but its so unstable still :( I don't mean a patch I mean a functional update.

Specifically, sending a screenshot is a gamble, 1 out of 5 times it will crash the game out for 75% of the people that use it.

Trying to target a planet to create nodes and such while someone's ship is inside that planetary system is 100% impossible. It simply will not let you target the planet or any of its moons while people show up on the map there.

Higher resolution screenshots? This is probably a server setting, but the default for the primary server is set ridiculously low.

Another window that interfaces with a team speak client? That's probably the easiest way to add voice. Use an already working VoIP system and just add an in game interface.

I love the mod, and will get back to using it as soon as my other mods are updated and I'm able to play in 0.20.0, but we are all hopeing this doesn't just keep getting bandaid patches and no more real progress!!

Is there any chance at an update for this? We all love it, but its so unstable still :( I don't mean a patch I mean a functional update.

Specifically, sending a screenshot is a gamble, 1 out of 5 times it will crash the game out for 75% of the people that use it.

Trying to target a planet to create nodes and such while someone's ship is inside that planetary system is 100% impossible. It simply will not let you target the planet or any of its moons while people show up on the map there.

Higher resolution screenshots? This is probably a server setting, but the default for the primary server is set ridiculously low.

Another window that interfaces with a team speak client? That's probably the easiest way to add voice. Use an already working VoIP system and just add an in game interface.

I love the mod, and will get back to using it as soon as my other mods are updated and I'm able to play in 0.20.0, but we are all hopeing this doesn't just keep getting bandaid patches and no more real progress!!

Screenshots are a server side setting. My server, klf.kerbalsp.com, has seen 17,636 screenshots since April 22, so, right at one month. The largest one is 748KB, so when you start making them bigger, they start taking up more significant space on the server, and they become more difficult for people to receive when they are shared so frequently. I can make the height 1080, but the server would suck. (My particular server is at 480, but the default is 360, and that's appropriate).

I've also not had any of the problems you are experiencing with sharing screenshots or with targeting planets.

Fyrem I've been playin on the same server as you, for about a week now, and almost everyone experiences the same problems. Just ask.. I've asked on my live stream many times and everyone knows screenshots are a gamble :( the planet targeting thing doesn't come up as often because, well, even with 20 people logged in you still don't have many people that are on that particular phase of their mission at any given time. Again I've spoken with around 10 people directly on the live stream and they all say the same thing.

Vanderberge I was unaware that the server actually saved all of the screenshots. Seems a little wasteful :) since we can only access the last one that was taken!

Edited by HoY

Vanderberge I was unaware that the server actually saved all of the screenshots. Seems a little wasteful :) since we can only access the last one that was taken!

If I wasn't lazy, I could write a script that could display them in a meaningful way on a website. I may do this when I get some time.

It's an option that defaults to off. I kept it off for my server.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.