A dedication to the users who lost stats and who had to remake their accounts

Deadpangod3

As the title says, I thought I'd go and try and create something epic and dedicate it to the people who lost stats, or had to remake their accounts entirely.

So what I made is whats intended to be like the space shuttle, now it's not the exact same, but I tried to make it the same as possible, I've built a design already with a launcher and payload, the payload is attached to the shuttle via TT-70 radial decoupler, I might make one that has a cargo bay with panels that are disconnected and then the payload deployed, but thats for later.

I have not seen many pictures of the space shuttle, but I do still remember seeing like the beginning of a video or something of a takeoff, with the orange tank (main engine?) and two white ones on the side (boosters?) correct me if I'm wrong, but I re-created it in ksp as best I could, and added some stuff on the shuttle that it needs (batteries, solar panels, SAS, etc) it is only a test so far, so I will improve it as best I can, I dont think it needs RCS, so I will add RCS if it needs it.

The satellite will be dedicated to the forums and will remain in orbit at all costs, if I have to destroy Jool to keep it, I will, and unless I forget (unlikely) I will rebuild it in every update...

I will edit pics of it into this post as soon as possible, since i have to use my computer, but this is being posted from my iPad, and other pics as I go along testing it, getting to orbit, deploying the satellite, etc.

Lastly, sorry for the long post.

Edit: here is the shuttle with the satellite and launcher, without the suports and struts

7iRI4nv.jpg

Edited by Deadpangod3
added pic

a pic has been added to the main post,

about the pic:

the two orange fuel tanks on the side helps make it look a little realistic to me, i was thinking of putting thrusters on those two, but i didnt think itd be like the real one, also im going to bring jeb back from my space station (my first docking!! :D) to help test it (he deserves it after acidentaly being sent with the habitation module to the space station when he was scheduled to go to the mun with bill and bob, which he still is not happy about o.o)

took off most of the launcher and the same thing still happens...

Ksp

Why u no wanna work?

Edit: I'm gunna have to re-design the entire thing, BUT, I got an idea

We're going to have a poll, vote for which thruster the satellite will have! (In case of space debris, change of orbit required, apocalypse, Magic boulder coming to Kerbin, etc :P)

The choices are:

1. LV-T30 liquid fuel engine

2. LV-T45 liquid fuel engine

3. LV-909 liquid fuel engine

4. LV-N atomic rocket motor

5. Toroidal Aerospike Rocket

Post your vote!! Votes will be counted on Sunday (2 days from now)

The thruster with the most votes is the one that is put on the satellite :)

Edited by Deadpangod3

First of all, my ksp with hyper edit and ISA Mapsat won't let me launch nothing now, and I tried to move the save file for the space shuttle to my un-modded ksp which is 1.9 (not 1.9.1) and it didn't appear :( so I have to rebuild it, but I've got a new one that I'm currently testing, but it can't even get off the ground (working on that) but the spaceplane hanger can do wonders sometimes :) I still have a similar launch vehicle, but it has to be launched from the runway, and upside down wings aren't helping.

But I am going to get that satellite into orbit one way or another, especially since its in my first space program thingy (started in 18.2 or something I think :) ) but still post which engine you want on the satellite

PS Bump :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.