[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

While you wait for an update some part can be made useable for 0.20+

I haven't tested all the part, I typicaly only use the single node, the rcs tanks, and some of the solar panels (got those working)

Make a folder for these part in KSP/GameData, I called my 'my random parts'

path should be KerbalSpaceProgram/GameData/'New Folder'

then just add the 'PART{}' to the .cfg file, and make sure it says 'Scale=1'

drop the adjusted parts into the folder you made.....

keep in mind I have only tested this on the kosmos parts listed above, no clue if it will be good for all of em (esp the structural body parts)

Was really hoping to see this updated quickly as well. Sure would like to hear from the mods author! :wink:

I don't think it'll get updated any time soon. cBBp lost his motivation, he explained why but I really didn't get it. Anyway, as KhaosCorps already said, it could easily be updated.

CBBP! You live!! Congrats on the loss of 40 pounds. Not an easy task to do. Hope you get the KSP bug again. Miss your mods Dude. And good luck on your certification.

Edited by Voidryder

Yeah I have mostly been exercising (down 40 pounds :D) and studying for certification. It is possible I will get the craving to make kerbal stuff again.

Wow, congrats dude and good luck :)

Congratulations on the weight loss! Been through that myself, so I admire your accomplishment. Glad to see you again!

well thanks. I did happen to make this IVA scene for somethi9ng I made before I got bored.

but kosmos wise.. eh... eveyrone and there mother is making soviet stuff.

Nobody making angara or modular space station parts as beautiful as yours(in my opinion) though :sticktongue:

Personally, I updated your Dragon spacecraft, so that it uses Firespitter's animation plugin (making so that it can have more than 1 animation playing at a given time and making it not reset whenever I switch vessels), for my own personal use, and I have to say... it works like a charm.

well thanks. I did happen to make this IVA scene for somethi9ng I made before I got bored.

but kosmos wise.. eh... eveyrone and there mother is making soviet stuff.

That piston is really something. Would take IVA to a whole new level. Would it react to launch forces? Are there launch forces in IVA? And yes, there certainly are quite a few folks attempting to make Soviet spacecrafts and launch vehicles, but with all due respect to everyone else there are two Grandmasters in my book, you and BobCat. Now of course I can't mod worth a hoot, so I really don't mean to put anybody's efforts down at all with my opinion. You're just one of the best as I see it. However if those spacecraft don't grab your interest anymore, that's cool. Hopefully something will. Maybe some concept crafts that never flew but that you breath flight into now. Anyway, glad to see you're still around.

That piston is really something. Would take IVA to a whole new level. Would it react to launch forces? Are there launch forces in IVA? And yes, there certainly are quite a few folks attempting to make Soviet spacecrafts and launch vehicles, but with all due respect to everyone else there are two Grandmasters in my book, you and BobCat. Now of course I can't mod worth a hoot, so I really don't mean to put anybody's efforts down at all with my opinion. You're just one of the best as I see it. However if those spacecraft don't grab your interest anymore, that's cool. Hopefully something will. Maybe some concept crafts that never flew but that you breath flight into now. Anyway, glad to see you're still around.

Well, there's the G-meter dial in the cockpit. If that's not hardcoded, maybe it would be possible to make the piston behave like a G-meter, and that would look vaguely like it was responding to launch forces.

cBBp, I'm saddened to hear you've lost your inspiration for KSP, but I do hope you reconsider. Yes, others are doing Soviet-era vehicles and craft. But your Kosmos pack is second to none. And I will admit to a bit of selfishness on the matter; up until .20, I used Kosmos components to a varying degree on nearly all my designs, and I miss them. My grand plan is to assemble the LK-700 lunar lander to see if it would have worked, and that would be impossible to accomplish with any reasonable fidelity without your Kosmos components. And then there's your Dragon Rider, which is rock solid and a hell of a lot of fun to fly.

Here's to hoping you find that spark again. :)

Nobody making angara or modular space station parts as beautiful as yours(in my opinion) though :sticktongue:

Personally, I updated your Dragon spacecraft, so that it uses Firespitter's animation plugin (making so that it can have more than 1 animation playing at a given time and making it not reset whenever I switch vessels), for my own personal use, and I have to say... it works like a charm.

You wouldn't happen to know how I can edit the biggest of the solar panel wing modules would you? The one with the 3 different activations that bug out when you activate more than one at a time? I know fitespitter was updated and I'd absolutely Love to have the panel animations to stay persistent and not glitch!!

You wouldn't happen to know how I can edit the biggest of the solar panel wing modules would you? The one with the 3 different activations that bug out when you activate more than one at a time? I know fitespitter was updated and I'd absolutely Love to have the panel animations to stay persistent and not glitch!!

It's not a hard fix, you can, probably, do it yourself in a few minutes, however I don't think it works with solar panels, and if it worked, I'd still need cBBp's permission to share how to edit his work so that it uses firespitter's .dll, but I'll take a look at it.

I was under the impression that telling someone how to modify it was different than modifying it and distributing it. I did not actually read the license for the plugin so I'm not sure what it specifies, but yes I am more than willing to make the changes myself :) I just have No clue how any plugin interactions or animations work whatsoever!!

License:

You may reuse any part of this pack, as long as you give credit in the download file and on the download post/page. For reuse of the plugin, please either direct people to download the dll from my official release on the spaceport, OR recompile the wanted partmodule/class with a new class name to avoid conflicts.

UV map texture guides are included so you can reskin to your liking.

Edited by HoY

It's a part pack so presumably it will automatically work, tho I'm still using .19.1 so I'm not positive. I'll be switching this weekend tho since we're getting an official Kethane update :D that was the last one holding me back

Hey CBBP -- I was just adding MechJeb to your control modules in the updated Soviet pack and I noticed that none of the part .cfgs are set up using the PART { } formatting. I believe that any part in the GameData folder has to have that in order to be loaded out of that folder. So if you get a bunch of "my parts aren't loading" complaints, I think that's the problem.

it's not working yet.

OK, I'll hold off. I've just gotten the Martin M-410 solid and flying again, so I'm anxious to get working on the LK-700. :cool: