[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

Decided that the RD-210 will be a sustainer class engine. Basically like the RS-25. Made to fire from Launch to orbit because it doesn't lose a ton of Isp at SL. Thus it will also be good for landing engines. For 1.25m engines where will also be a departure (RD-0146), Acent/first stage (NK-33 analog), and second stage (rd-58). for the first set. I will probably tack in others here and there. but these are engines i need for certain things. and yes they will be smaller than people surely imagine.

RD-0146 has been under the knife all day. Replaced the turbines with the new ones, redid some plumping pathways, Totally changed the nozzle shape but it is not much different but looks a good bit better that is for sure. Need to get it attached to the base and the nozzle exension system overhauled.

RD-0146.png

Excellent, can't wait to see them in their fully textured/bumped/normaled et al glory

Sorry, throwback tangent; Did you ever find a way to fix the twin Balka solar-wing animation not saving states due to the multiple animation effects?

Excellent, can't wait to see them in their fully textured/bumped/normaled et al glory

Sorry, throwback tangent; Did you ever find a way to fix the twin Balka solar-wing animation not saving states due to the multiple animation effects?

that's all dev team problem. not mine. in fact it is so annoying that it is one of the reasons I don't want to bther with landing parts or station parts any more because i canot animate them as needed.

that's all dev team problem. not mine. in fact it is so annoying that it is one of the reasons I don't want to bther with landing parts or station parts any more because i canot animate them as needed.

Snjo's Firespitter DLL lets you have multiple animations per part. bac9's B9 Aerospace and sumghai's FusTek Station Parts Expansion use the Firespitter DLL (or a repackaged version of such) to drive multiple animations per part.

Perhaps that could help make the twin Balka solar wings save their state?

Cannot wait for more engines. Also, have you thought of making versions of the Soyuz and Progress craft for your pack? BobCat's Soyuz are excellent. But they clash visually with the Kosmos stuff.

One last query, any chance of getting a temporary IVA for the station parts? I.e. so one needn't rely on Crew Manifest to see if their are any Kerbals on a station when it comes time to deorbit it at end of life. (Can you tell I'm still in 0.20.2 land?)

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention. The APAS docking ports are still not compatible with MechJeb. Which is somewhat annoying.

Edited by Creideiki
Forgot something...

Yeah, mister Creideiki is right, Firespitter works on the twin-wing panels, I've tried it myself, but I don't know anything more advanced in coding. But this time it finally saves it's animation states after re-configuring the parts with the firespitter .dll, my main problem is that it doesn't get energy from the sun anymore (dunno how to tame that damned plugin). But please add more station parts too. . . I'm more of the space station guy at best, 'cause I've haven't done any int'plt missions. . . I find making space stations more fun. And I hope this gets you going. . . but look at this. My own ISS replica using the KOSMOS, A bit of FusTek, JARFR, and a bit of stock clipping for the Soyuz and progress modules. :D Love the work on the engines by the way. . . I really am getting more and more excited as I look into the thread. :)

fYvpGzd.png

milMPl3.png

For those of you still following up on the Balka Solar Wing Block issue, I've just done some experiments and posted my results. In summary:

Conclusions

- stateString's EXTENDED and RETRACTED values only determines whether the suntracker portion of the ModuleDeployableSolarPanel is functioning. It does not apply to any deployment animation(s), so a quicksave/persistence file-oriented plugin is of no use here.

- Any number of ModuleDeployableSolarPanel can be included in the CFGs - they will all work to generate power

- Only the last ModuleDeployableSolarPanel defined in the CFG will have its animated state saved/remembered by KSP when switching between flight scenes

- The only two ways to deal with this issue is for SQUAD to either add animation IDs to all of their PartModules using animations, or to have a mod plugin duplicate the ModuleDeployableSolarPanel functionality and include Snjo's Firespitter mod's multiple animation layer handling code.

If anyone here has any idea how to write a custom version of the suntracking functionality, that would be appreciated - Snjo provided me with a copy of the source code he used for the multiple animation per part handling.

Beautiful . . . j-just beautiful. *tears of joy* ;.;

I can't wait to see them lift my precious parts into space. (Sidenote: May I request a Soyuz replica of your own? I don't care how long it'll take. . . masterpieces aren't rushed either) :D