Problem with rendezvous

When I'm in a circular orbit below the object I want to dock with, I don't see the little orange and pink approach markers. Is this a known bug with a workaround? Am I misunderstanding things? Meeting up with my orbiting gas tank is going to be tough if I can't tell where our closest approach is.

Edit: It just occurred to me to mention that my inclination is matched perfectly. The ascending and descending nodes say NaN degrees. Could that be related?

Edited by saskwach

You won't see the approach markers until your orbits are crossing (or nearly so). If you create a maneuver node and expand the projected orbit out so it crosses the orbit of your target, then the markers will appear on the predicted path, and you can slide the node around your orbit to find the best place to start your burn from

When I'm in a circular orbit below the object I want to dock with, I don't see the little orange and pink approach markers. Is this a known bug with a workaround? Am I misunderstanding things? Meeting up with my orbiting gas tank is going to be tough if I can't tell where our closest approach is.

Edit: It just occurred to me to mention that my inclination is matched perfectly. The ascending and descending nodes say NaN degrees. Could that be related?

NaN means Not a Number, so yeah your inclination was perfect.

You won't see the approach markers until your orbits are crossing (or nearly so). If you create a maneuver node and expand the projected orbit out so it crosses the orbit of your target, then the markers will appear on the predicted path, and you can slide the node around your orbit to find the best place to start your burn from

Hey thanks! I never realized you could slide the maneuver nodes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.