Space Shuttle Atlantis [WiP]

skeligandrew

I might be able to help a little. I know how to let wings generate lift, and things such as crew count and fuel usage and storage are nothing for me.

I just need what you have done so far, if you are interested email me here

[email protected]

P.S. I am a wiz with .cfg files... I can control anything from crew to impact tolarence to fuel to lift, including electricity, drag, and auther (you of course)

Edited by Astronaut224
needed to add MOAR!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Again, you don't need a second animation clip to close the doors. You make one animation clip, 1 to 100, and it works for both.

For the zero position, you have the doors in the open position, and for the 100 position they would be closed. Then you import them into Unity normally (legacy rig, define the animation 0 to 100 (or 99, Unity can shave a frame off sometimes)) and give it a name like DoorAnimation

Then you need a animation module in your part config like so:

MODULE {

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = DoorAnimation

startEventGUIName = Close Door"

endEventGUIName = "Open Door"

}

Of course changing 'DoorAnimation' to whatever you named it upon unity import/setup. You can change GUI names to whatever you like, just notice that the "start event" is named Closed since you animated the doors as starting opened (to let people place cargo in the VAB)

And if you animated the doors the other way where 0 is closed and 100 is open, you don't need to redo the animation; there's a simple flag for your module: animSwitch = True

This will tell the module to swap the 0 and 100 positions for you automatically, so it still starts with the doors open.

MODULE {

animationName = DoorAnimation

startEventGUIName = Close Door"

endEventGUIName = "Open Door"

animSwitch = True

}

That should sort it out for you. There's some example images and more details in this post.

I found that using your example(s) above, although works, causes the control popup to stay on the screen and the button to toggle the animation to disappears. I rechecked vanilla landing gear for example and their popup control window closes when you click the toggle button. So i played with some settings and found that the below cfg code works well (as far as 0.21+ is concerned).

MODULE

{

animationName = TheAnimationNameOfYourPart

name = ModuleLandingGear

}

This causes the animation to play forwards and in reverse, but not only that, it also causes the popup control window to close, just like landing legs function.

Also, the use of the cfg code below does exactly the same as your bottom example, but without all the extra code.

MODULE

{

animationName = TheAnimationNameOfYourPart

}

The part i tested with, only had the one animation in one direction and both example codes toggled them forward and in reverse.

Edited by Adie123

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.