[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

you dont need take poly count into account, you only need to take into account draw calls, ksp uses far fewer polys than most games. just keep down the number of textures, materials, ect

Polycount and topology should still be reasonable. These is no reason to worry about leaving 500 polys here and there, but having clean geometry is always good, if not for performance then for ease of your own work.

I dont know why, but when i downloaded this to my Laptop, It stops on the loading screen. It flashes loading but when I look at the bar it says "B9_Adaptor_C125". I dont know what to do. Please help ASAP. Thanks

Huh. Seems to be loading all 270 legacy parts here fine ... guess I'll have to check that.

It freaked me out during a moment. 150 means you can only have Nova Punch without anything else for example, Or B9 with a little mod.

Meh, isn't there a faster way to put these lines into the cfg. files instead of doing them one by one?

Using Notepad++, I recorded a macro that added the lines at the beginning and end, and then saved. It's still irritating, because it doesn't seem like there's any way to just tell the program to do it to all files in a directory. I have to manually open up each file, and hit the hotkey combo to run the macro. You may as well just leave them in the legacy location; they'll still work fine as far as I'm aware (not sure about that 150 part limit though.)

100 points to whoever can figure how to get a python script to do it automatically

Does java work?

I would recommend doing this independently from your ksp directory and copying the parts in after

import java.io.BufferedReader;

import java.io.File;

import java.io.FileReader;

import java.io.FileWriter;

import java.io.IOException;

public class Runner {

public static int PartsModified = 0;

/**

* @param args

*/

public static void main(String[] args) {

// TODO Auto-generated method stub

addStuff(new File("Parts"));

System.out.println(PartsModified + " Parts Modified");

}

public static void addStuff(File dir) {

String line = "";

for (File file : dir.listFiles()) {

if (file.isDirectory()) {

addStuff(file);

} else {

if (!file.getPath().endsWith(".cfg")) {

continue;

}

BufferedReader br;

StringBuilder stringBuilder = new StringBuilder();

try {

br = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(file));

while ((line = br.readLine()) != null) {

stringBuilder.append(line);

stringBuilder.append("\n");

}

br.close();

} catch (IOException e) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e.printStackTrace();

}

String fileContents = "PART{\n"

+ stringBuilder.toString().trim() + "\n}";

try {

FileWriter fw = new FileWriter(file);

fw.append(fileContents + "\n");

fw.close();

e.printStackTrace();

}

PartsModified++;

}

}

}

}

Howdy,

Silly question here. What are some things you do with the M2 cargo hold? The one with the dual sliding garage like doors? I'm trying to be creative but I'm drawing a blank on that part.

Thanks. :-)

Does java work?

I would recommend doing this independently from your ksp directory and copying the parts in after

import java.io.BufferedReader;

import java.io.File;

import java.io.FileReader;

import java.io.FileWriter;

import java.io.IOException;

public class Runner {

public static int PartsModified = 0;

/**

* @param args

*/

public static void main(String[] args) {

// TODO Auto-generated method stub

addStuff(new File("Parts"));

System.out.println(PartsModified + " Parts Modified");

}

public static void addStuff(File dir) {

String line = "";

for (File file : dir.listFiles()) {

if (file.isDirectory()) {

addStuff(file);

} else {

if (!file.getPath().endsWith(".cfg")) {

continue;

}

BufferedReader br;

StringBuilder stringBuilder = new StringBuilder();

try {

br = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(file));

while ((line = br.readLine()) != null) {

stringBuilder.append(line);

stringBuilder.append("\n");

}

br.close();

e.printStackTrace();

}

String fileContents = "PART{\n"

+ stringBuilder.toString().trim() + "\n}";

try {

FileWriter fw = new FileWriter(file);

fw.append(fileContents + "\n");

fw.close();

e.printStackTrace();

}

PartsModified++;

}

}

}

}

if you can set up something that is cross system compatible, than yes, it works

I don't think there is a limit on the number of legacy parts. I've gotten 488 to load just fine with the exception of Damned Robotics. That being said, I've been trying to build a space plane using B9 parts. I can get it off the ground just fine, but for some reason, the ship will explode and the cockpit will be launched onto a solar escape trajectory at ludicrous velocities. It'll go from 1500m to interstellar space in a fraction of a second. Any one else had this problem or is it another mod causing this problem?

I don't think there is a limit on the number of legacy parts. I've gotten 488 to load just fine with the exception of Damned Robotics. That being said, I've been trying to build a space plane using B9 parts. I can get it off the ground just fine, but for some reason, the ship will explode and the cockpit will be launched onto a solar escape trajectory at ludicrous velocities. It'll go from 1500m to interstellar space in a fraction of a second. Any one else had this problem or is it another mod causing this problem?

Something like this ?

screenshot41l.png

Indeed I used B9 parts, but the ship didn't explode. It did a back flip and crashed into the ground (damned assymetrical thrust) so I don't think B9 is responsible for the ultra speed bug since it happened only once

Meh, isn't there a faster way to put these lines into the cfg. files instead of doing them one by one?

Go and have a look at this, it is great, it inserts the part lines into your cfg files, and marks them for looking at if the scale = 1.0 is not there..

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/31273-0-20-Part-cfg-Updater