[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

The wait for 2.6 is killing me.....

Same here, this pic pretty much sums it all up.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7YEUWpGhIF-W0i-B95amhCSV812f69iAYzF35e2uC1STcfEz2ZA

I can't wait until it's out. But, a reminder to Bac9 and Taverius; use the time you want, and don't release it before it's somewhat bug-free and balanced.

Edited by Hocki
Removed the epileptic .gif, and used a pic to illustrate instead.

Same here, this .gif pretty much sums it all up.

gkkllder-t.gif

I can't wait until it's out. A reminder to Bac9 and Taverius; use the time you want, and don't release it before it's somewhat bug-free and balanced.

We can wait, and please don't think we are rushing you. There's a difference between suspenseful watching and nagging. We are not nagging.

Hi there!

Anyone managed to fly the Strugatsky really high?

I'm doing test flights, but the prograde keeps dropping from 14km and above.

At 18km it is at about 25° lower from pitch and you can't really pitch higher than 25°, because the drag flips you over.

Above 18km the prograde drops below zero and start losing height.

PS. I've put another pair of engines and a couple of radial intakes on each engine. Intake is not a problem.

Hi there!

Anyone managed to fly the Strugatsky really high?

I'm doing test flights, but the prograde keeps dropping from 14km and above.

At 18km it is at about 25° lower from pitch and you can't really pitch higher than 25°, because the drag flips you over.

Above 18km the prograde drops below zero and start losing height.

PS. I've put another pair of engines and a couple of radial intakes on each engine. Intake is not a problem.

Its supposed to be a subsonic cargo plane, so that's kind of by design.

In 2-6 its going to have even more takeoff thrust, even better fuel efficiency, and be even more limited in speed and operational ceiling.

If thats the plane im thinking of i made one similar to it just a diff cockpit and i got it to 20km and up to 900 m/s took me like 20 mins though had to ease her up

220200_screenshots_2013-05-04_00012_zps71f84258.jpg

this photo does have a mistake in it though that i fixed later i used the wrong part it had rocket fuel in it :D

now this one is a bit different it doesnt use the radial intakes but if it did i think the ceiling would be around 17500m or a little under which would drop max speed down 500m/s

Edited by moxzot

B9 rocks!

It has enabled me to refine my cargo bay SSTO design down to ~350 parts! 40 tons+ of cargo dropped off in orbit at 2x warp on mechjeb autopilot and it is rock stable!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/31940-B9-Mod-ESP-Extensible-Space-Plane-A-heavy-SSTO-with-bay-and-rear-ramp

OK so I had to mod the wings to stop them randomly exploding when you dropped out of warp or reloaded, but still, great work!

Edited by evilC

Won't be tonight.

Snjo was kind enough to make a ModuleAnimateGeneric substitute for us with extra features, now I have to apply it to all parts that use ModuleAnimateGeneric in B9 (a lot) :)

You can see more about the features here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v5-0-%28May-25th%29-for-KSP-0-20-0?p=393953&viewfull=1#post393953

Won't be tonight.

Snjo was kind enough to make a ModuleAnimateGeneric substitute for us with extra features, now I have to apply it to all parts that use ModuleAnimateGeneric in B9 (a lot) :)

You can see more about the features here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v5-0-%28May-25th%29-for-KSP-0-20-0?p=393953&viewfull=1#post393953

Any chance on a timeline?

A very useful timeline

This seemed to be missing some key events, and was innacurate in others. For example, Hitler was the Chancellor, and the 8.7 magnitude earthquake that hit Sumatra November 25, 1833 wasn't included.

So ah, I can't seem to enter the M27 cockpit even when it's empty. I just get the message "Can't board a full module".

Might this be because the .20 update?

EDIT; Disregard previous message, I had forgotten to install Props and spaces.

Edited by durk

So ah, I can't seem to enter the M27 cockpit even when it's empty. I just get the message "Can't board a full module".

Might this be because the .20 update?

EDIT; Disregard previous message, I had forgotten to install Props and spaces.

I am also having troubble with the beautifull M27 Cockpit in 0.20.

I cannot see the Kerbal Pictures in the bottom right so I cant IVA nor EVA. I also cannot click on the hatch.

In the Crew Manifest I see the Cockpit is manned.

I tested this with just the cockpit on the launchpad.

Is it just me? Maybe something went wrong while coping files from my 0.19 installation?