Using KSC2?

Fredonia

I did a search, but nothing came up, and it was probably answered before the server crash.

Will it be possible to one day be able to launch your rockets from KSC2? Or to take your space planes off from the island runway?

I did a search, but nothing came up, and it was probably answered before the server crash.

Will it be possible to one day be able to launch your rockets from KSC2? Or to take your space planes off from the island runway?

I imagine they might do something like that in the future but it cannot be very high priority. Even so, I don't know why you'd even want to, as it's not in an optimal location for anything..

just as an Easter Egg for us loyal gamers. but there probably is a way to edit the game so that when you select launch from the VAB or SPH it would put you at KSC2 or the island runway. I have no idea though, that is not my forte.

I know there's a challenge to launch a rocket from there, but using a land route only. I had a plan to try it, using something like NASA's Crawler with the big rover wheels, but I doubt I'd have the patience to drive it that distance.

It would be very cool if in Career mode if the other space centre was active, and you could engage in a space race with them, like trying to get the first Kerbal to orbit, to the Mun, etc. There could be cash rewards and other such bonuses for completing these challenges.

In fact, if the centre was AI-controlled, and would periodically launch rockets, that would add a new layer of complexity to the game, as you would have to steer clear of their rockets, and they would be constantly attempting their missions, sometime at odds with your own...

I'm not sure if that's even possible, but I would love to see something like this in later versions of the game, or even a mod that allows that.

Thats a cool idea but having to program a AI to not fly into your stuff or things could be a little hard so they probably wouldn't wanna do that for a long time

I would add to your idea that sometimes they can dock on your stations and they may drop off fuel just for people who hate refueling stations all the time and maybe they could fly jets around every so often.

It would certainly add a layer of immersion if there would be some activity an second KSP and island base. Even just in the form of press bulletins announcing a rocket start or an accident happening there from time to time.

If that land your own launchpad mod turns up again, you would be able to use it. And keep the old launch tower for interest.

I have wondered its official purpose though.

It's fun to visit. I was testing a shuttle kind of thing, and couldn't get a landing at KSC with my limited Delta V and highly inclined orbit.

But as KSC2 is about half a planet away:

abCPWeM.jpg

OK, I missed. But it was close!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.