Anyone know how to use KAS and Modular Multiwheels mod?

Stealth2668

Where do you install the ".cs" files that come in the "source" folder with the K.A.S. mod? Also, how do you power the truck wheels in the "Modular Multiwheels and Omniwheels" mod? I can only turn them but the don't move (drive forward). I have fuel and electrical power, a set of turning wheels and regular trailer wheels.

Nowhere. Generally if a mod comes with a "Source" folder, that's for if you want to edit the mod for any reason, it's the source code. Don't install the source..

As for modular multi-wheels.. I don't know.. Does it depend on other mods to operate? I've never experienced many issues with it.

Some mods it may require (because other mods I've used sometimes require these)

-CleverBobCat.dll (Bobcat's cart addon for rovers before .19 when they were implemented.

-MuMechLib.dll (MechJeb, some use this for..reasons I don't know. The release candidates of MechJeb (like, 2.0.whatever) or later are called MechJeb2.dll and will not fulfill this need.)

Uhh.. Check the readme file..

Else, maybe it's something to do with setting up action groups? Do the wheels need to be "enabled" or something?

Do they require more electricity than you're able to supply?

You say "Turning Wheels" and "Trailer Wheels" like they're specific types of wheels... Is there by any chance a "Drive Wheel" or something like that? (Assuming steering wheels can roll and steer, trailer wheels can only roll, and the power wheels can roll but also provide power, but cannot steer...?) I don't know, I've never used the mod very in depth... All I can say is consult the readme and if that fails, try getting ahold of the mod owner.

I'm just kinda giving a general troubleshooting overview, someone else might have more specific info..

Also, request mod to move this to How To.

Edited by M5000

• 3 months later...

It is compatible, but I recommend going through and updating all the parts to the new format. That is, putting

PART

{

At the begining of the part, and

}

At the end.

Then make a folder called TT or multiwheels, or somthing, them put them in place. Hopefully, it works for you too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.