Wayland Corp wants you!

image.php?id=D317_517BB985&jpg

Hi Kerbals,

I've been making mods for a little near a year now, and have a very large amount that's being worked on. I have been flying solo for the initial time with some balancing help from Logan Darklighter and Ultravires and an AWOL Neronix, but essentially I've been a one man band. Now, I don't mind doing it all (sometimes it has it's advantages) but I know I could be doing better if I had even just a small bit of help, hence the reason I am going to attempt to recruit a few people! :) My background is mainly in IT, but I also worked in the Film and TV industry for some time and have a general love for science fiction.

The revived development and release thread can be found here

This is not I suppose your typical recruitment thread, as I am not desperate for a team to do all the work for me, as I said things are shuffling along fine by myself but its a slow run. Release something then spend months going through comments to fix things up, where as lately the test pilots have proven to be great in making sure the final product is at least what you intended. I would like to ask people to join who feel they have something to offer in the way of making mods, but either don't have the time or experience to do it themselves. So instead of saying I need a graphics artist, concept artist, modeller and all that stuff, it's not like that at all. I also did not want to really ask for or start a team until I was confident I had a grasp on all aspects of making mods (or at least enough to be self sufficient and not rely on people and be a bother to them). Essentially, this isn't something I started yesterday, and haven't simply logged on today and thought "oh I would like some help!" :) I've been slogging away at it for some time.

Mission statement:

"Wayland Corp. is dedicated to providing the ability to pilot some of the fantastic spacecraft designs from the 1950's until the modern day, meanwhile maintaining the games performance at an optimum level. We strive to bring those classic ships to life we all grew up watching and dreaming of, all recreated from scratch. We also produce our own original designs and invite you to take the pilots chair"

* Love modelling but can't get things working?

* Good at concept art and would love your pictures to come to life?

* Great with maths? love sorting out fuel ratios and all that jazz?

* Aerospace experience? engineering experience?

* Love Sci fi movies and TV shows?

* New to KSP but would love to get into modding?

* Good with a brush? love to get into some texture work?

* Test Pilot? can give helpful constructive feedback on unreleased or experimental mods?

* have a good sense of humour and accept Australians don't ride kangaroos as a standard form of transport?

* sick of me releasing over powered hunks of joy?

By all means, join!

If you feel you might like to get involved, shoot me a PM or reply here.

thanks for reading the wall of text,

Devo.

Edited by Devo

If you need someone to trash your ships, sign me up! I have a lot of fun with your releases so far, even when I can't get them off the ground. I'll be happy to provide a low-end users perspective to Wayland-Yutani both in skill with atmospheric flight and computer specs.

I have an advance degree of space frigate and space figter experiance and piloting licenses.

I would be glad to lend a hand ,i might actually learn some stuf so i can continue building my star ships in my hangar on the north kerbin pole!

Have been a test pilot bevore for waylands pegasus x2

Im a student media&design and have a long past with my good old buddy photoshop,do if you need any help there,i might be able to help.

Well, I think I am perfectly qualified for testing things until they are nothing but debris perfect. I haven't done any testing for anyone before but I have gone through various part configs, editing and adding module, and I can do some of the maths required for balancing and whatnot.

And also are you really telling us that Australians don't ride kangaroos around!? :0.0: Mind = Blown

:P

Neato! Looking forward to it. As long as you can teach me how to do GUI stuff with popup windows, I could probably help with other stuff besides testing, too.

Nope, not plugin coding yet sorry.

* Love modelling but can't get things working?

* Love Sci fi movies and TV shows?

* New to KSP but would love to get into modding?

* Good with a brush? love to get into some texture work?

YES - I own C4D R12 and Photoshop CS3 and can make 3D models and textures and animations.

But i don´t have experience with unity or exporting things for games.

* Test Pilot? can give helpful constructive feedback on unreleased or experimental mods?

* have a good sense of humour and accept Australians don't ride kangaroos as a standard form of transport?

* sick of me releasing over powered hunks of joy?

* Aerospace experience? engineering experience?

* Good at concept art and would love your pictures to come to life?

* Great with maths? love sorting out fuel ratios and all that jazz?

NO

hi, i'm a modeler, i love making models, but i always have this feeling that I cant just release one part or it's not enough, so to have my models kind of "tag along" in another parts pack would be better for me. Also, i'm still learning to texture, and would love to be able to share some of my tests, and get constructive criticism, without half the community raging at me because the part is unbalanced.

Also, I, in fact am Australian. I live in Sydney, have never ridden a kangaroo, but i have participated in emu racing, which is quite a joy:cool:

Know my way around 3ds max, have made my own mods and models for them (made my black arrow mod from scratch) , can get models ingame and do configs, only thing I have trouble with is UVW unwrapping!! I can't do it, would need someone else to do that for me.

Hi, Devogen! I'm from the Defcon Corporation, (in fact I'm the founder and owner of our little organisation), and we are just moving into making mods for Kerbal Space Program! I've already started coding part.cfg files, (this is the bit that I'm really good at), in fact, I'm practically done with the coding side of my first mod. The only bit that I'm stuck with is the modelling side of it. I'm awesome at SolidWorks, but I don't believe that you can use this to model, (without converting, and everything), so I was wondering if, maybe, we could work on it together, or something? It's just a little mod, but I've got some pretty good ideas, for it. Just for the sake of not revealing too much, I'll PM you with the details.

Thanks for reading,

EsvDefcon

Defcon Corpor

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.