The Kerbin Mission - Commander Zeta

Cdr_Zeta

Greetings,

In a communique delivered to me by my superiors (on Zeta Reticuli), word was recieved regarding a colony of 'aliens' on a planet called 'Kerbin'.

In order to train them to better utilize their own and new space technologies, I was sent to 'Earth' to train myself.

Records of such training include various aircraft flights, space simulator flights, and interplanetary space travel.

New time-space continuum space warp technologies were delievered and 'Kerbin' was used as a destination.

I have since traveled there and have created the Kerbin Academy of Space Simulated Sciences, where myself and several Kerbal Space Engineers train on simulators there.

These simulations include various aspects of designing, building, and testing the various space ships used to teach the Kerbals space exploration.

New communications bases and mission control centers are currently being built, and live video comms between Kerbin Mission Control and the various space ships in their system will be available soon.

Whenever the 'REAL' Kerbin mission is active, I will make a notice here, and descirbe what is going on or about to happen.

All live actions, simulations, and the real mission, will be sent live at:

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta

Currently, Jeb and Bill are stranded in the Kerbin woods ! Two weeks later, a rescue plane was designed, built, and tested, and is ready for deployment !

We dont know when the mission will resume; in the meantime, current research are rovers, lifters, and comms setups. Information regarding active streams will be listed in the general thread; ongoing story-line activities and progress will be made here.

In the meantime, all live actions are 'SIMULATIONS'; but they are actual design, build, and test -in-progress on Kerbin; no 'real' actions are taken, unless otherwise noted in a new post here.

I will however update the simulations goings on here, as it is more appropriate. This is the ongoing story of 'The Kerbin Mission' - an effort to help Kerbals explore their solar system.

Cdr (Commander) Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
Major Typo

Greetings,

As mission training simulations progress, we seem to have some anxious Kerbal Space Engineers wanting to get into space.

I keep telling them to have patience ! They most certainly seem to have respect for my advice; we cant make rash quick decisions in space; it is all about slow motion I tell them; they learn fast!

I will be doing a RECAP of the real mission tonite on the stream, then onto safety protocol simulations.

Kerbin Academy is the place where myself and several Kerbal Space Engineers train to become Kerbanauts. We are all anxious to get into space!

As of now, Jeb and Bill (I think it was bill !), are stranded and need to be rescued on Kerbin, we will check on them tonite (!), and give a demo on the rescue plane (simulated of course - I am almost ready to fly it !).

Join me and our crew as we begin to venture out into space - Kerbin Space !

Cdr Zeta

Greetings,

Below is a synopsis included in the stream...which is located at:

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta/b/398960394

The above stream was a live account and simulation on Kerbin Academy's SIMULATIONS computer, with the storyline below...from the desk of Cdr Zeta:

The Kerbin Mission pre-launch simulation...

(PART 1)

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta/b/398775566

Rescue plane demo, orbital ops and landing, recovery operations...I still need to look at our rocket lifter selections so bear with me...

I hope to launch the big stuff but these launches are lengthy - 15 to 20 minutes just to get into orbit around Kerbin..thus the need for game-time efficiency vs fuel efficiency tests came to be.

The order if activities in unkown...there will be a few parts and a little ceremony at the end signifying the beginning of a new era - The Kerbin Mission, the discovery of Kerbin, and their reason for being...

This from the desk of Commander Zeta, attache consulate space engineer from Zeta Reticuli and ambassador to the United Inter-Galactic Federation of Mutually Co-Existant Societies.

a long time ago on a far distant planet in a far distant galaxy, a plant was borne...and it discovered a creature...

the creature was small comparatively, but the plant was smaller...the plant spoke to the creature, and called it...

Kerbal

well this little kerbal had a name - "Billy Bob"

billy bob was excited that the plant spoke to him, cause he dont talk much if at all - he is very shy but a nerd really

he always wanted to be a space engineer, but his parents said no we want you to follow in our footsteps - gardening...

well those old plants never talked to billy bob - not like this one

he took it home and put it in a pot by his bedside...and fell asleep and dreamed...and dreamed...and dreamed

the plant was with him...sometimes he didnt know it, but it was guiding him; drawing him to a future he could not possibly imagine...

and then he awoke, told his parents he wanted to be a space engineer, and left home...so here he is now, a technician at Kerbin Academy...he likes to 'play' on the simulator...I have to keep after him...

then one day I saw him take out a ship to test it (without authorization) - he does this and we dont get mad at him...he is a dreamer but we need to keep him on task...maybe we will see him sometime...there is a story to be told we think...only time will tell for "Billy Bob Kerman"...

thus is the beginning of the end...

commander zeta, space engineer and astronaut, arrives on Kerbin, sets up the Kerbin Academy, and for several weeks trains Kerbals Space Engineers...getting them ready to explore their solar system...

this is the story of Cdr Zeta's training and Academy graduation tests, getting the academy ready for the Kerbal Engineers to use the Acadmey and it's simulators to build their dreams of flying into space...soon...

the simulators will be only a tool as everything will then be real...the buildings, the ships, the explosions...may a brave Kerbal will join the ranks of the best of the best...

====================================================================

PART 1 Synopsis...

previously, various simulations went awry...glitches in the computer systems, gremlins running amook...

activities sometimes have many pauses, like now...one famous kerbal invented a strange desert and named it after one of Earth's countries...I am delighted to partake of this 'italian ice'...goes good with cookies and cake and whatever else I can find around here....

getting back to bizness...

so far we have launched a 'mir' core...the Earth 'soviet peoples' have had Kerbals here interested in their old technologies...I was not overly happy with the inclusion of old and new technologies being parts of one ship, but after several conferences, I have been convinced of the many potential benefits of combining technologies...in fact (after a snak pause)...we are using old technologies here writing this dosier...

pauses for food...whew....

where was i...

the academy tests are going well for me now since the file system got fixed...

we are still working on new communications presentation equip[ment (<<!)qwrdff2derrorerrrooero....

arrghhh....

wait i got a comms msg...

I have just rcvd a communique from my comms advisor - he says there was another glitch in the telemakus thinguy...and as ytou can see my text computer is mesin up again....

he says some coive came in over the radio...it only said..."HAL9000"...

We know what this is..I will have to chek into this...

for now I will be doing a SIM on our new rescue plane - FIANYL!!...WOW...THE TEXT IS A MESS...

(PART 2)

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta/b/398960394

having set up the rescue plane display, Camford will now demonstrate the safety feature for the new rescue plane...unfortunately their is great risk on takeoff and no immediate rescue feature has been added...Kerbal pilots are aware of the great inheriant riskes ivloe...errrthis petwr.....

wat is up with this hal9000 thing...bill just called me ugh rite in the middle of this demo...

the high altitude demo you have just seen is to show pilot emergency recovery...normally in a rescue situation, this would not occur...next we will demonstrate (hopefully!) crew pod recovery !

(it looks like in this instance we cannot EVA so must end flite...we need to work on this - all scenarios must allow for pilot escape...not end flite...thus the need for simuations testing !)

we will now demonstrate a normal flight and rescue ops...after the rescue we will then deploy a rescue recovery with crew pod in tact we hope !

oops !!

camford has discovered 2 problems with emergency crew pod deployment...did you catch them !?

note also that he is upset and worked the problem to save the imaginary crew !!!good for him !!! even tho he is an AI !

Camford just demonstrated the repairing of the Kerbal SUIT glitch !!

This concludes this portio of the Kerbin Academy Rescue Plane Ops DEMO...

looks like we passed ! but we need to fix a few things yet !!! lets hope I can remembver to do them !!!!!

if this was a real kerbalnaut he wouldnt be very happy right now and I wouldf be in the drink for awhile - or clinker oir watever....

...end comms...

<<<<<

So tonite looks like I need to review the problems above, and make the emergency deployment as good as it can be...the overall test was a major success (SIM-Wise)...there is still a major problem with the BRAKE sequencing and firing up on the runway - this has been solved by having the pilot manually move the kik-starters up forward prior to launch !!!!!!!

The problem re-occured however during rescue ops SIM of engine fire-up with the brakes on so the pilots reall yneed to be on guard - still not sure how to implement this safety procedure - in one sim is cost an AI his life; at least the kik-starters were off and the pilot has time to cut the engines long enuf for him to figure out why the plane didnt move HAHA !!

CDR Zeta

PS It is anticipated the a trailer and movies will go into production soon, as well as new comm and mission control centers to be built - watch out for upcoming streams - they will be titled "Kerbin Mission" only - NO SIM when the buildings are bing built.

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
typo/addendum

Greetings:

A radio interview is available now; the reception was poor; we are trying to clear up the issue.

We have a new player in town - or in space I should say ?!

There seems to be not one but 2 brothers lost on Kerbin:

Billy Bob

Billy Bobke

We dont know there could be more like twins or triplets; they mey be abitrambunctious and not with the program; in fact they may have strted their own launch facility or have been recruited by an unkown source; we are looking for them.

There will be a stream tonite...we are looking at new materials from the space materials division. We are also doing SIMULATIONS of escape pod testing and basic pod design; no real launches as of yet.

A new Mission Control facility is being built; we are looking into the SIM to check out materials...Commader Zeta is still workin on graduating and getting the SIMULATOR fully functional to be added to the mission control facility; it seems as though the system was hacked already and some real launches have occured on the planet; or even on Mun we dont know yet and are investigating this.

The TV channel:

will be giving a broadcast of the radio interview, then on to simulations testing of new materials and basic pod testing...

Commander Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
typo

Greetings From The Desk Of Cdr Zeta:

It seemz as we have a problem (not houston)...

(well the computer is still buggy with typos and...)

Our SIMULATOR has been hacked; we believe ... well we think that another KSP launch center is putting up pods and launching rockets using the SIMULATOR; at the normal KSP launch center; we have yet to confirm this...

We have been spending too much time in the SIMULATOR and Engr Jeb is getting ... upset ... we need to rescue Jeb and Bill ... and we are still experiencing a downtime...

Jeb has therfore ordered a roll call on the field ... ugh ... I am not prepared for this ...

There may be glitches in the live feeds ... users may have to look at old archived videos of the complete roll call ... I am anticipating a flyover of the rescue plane at the end of roll call - I do not see this happening tonite - there was supposed to be a display setup as well and Jeb wants to forego formalities ...

Due to funding issues I have convinced him we need to do a display and an airshow ...

Stay tuned...

We have recieved word from our comms station that an alien intelligence has been sending messages to some rogue space engineers, possibly having contacted them to allow them to make first contact.

We are working on main and mobile mission control centers with live active feeds; these will be online at some point, but Jeb insisted we get probes out there; I am leary...

The story continues...

Cdr Zeta

Greetings:

A general roll call was made last nite. We checking our line and ground crews.

It seems that one of the crew teams brought out an un-authorized piece of equipment; there was some kind of new technology brought out to the display line. We will be investigating this disaster today:

After the investigation, we may build up a prototype test module in an attempt to duplicate the disaster. It was some kind of new 'adv fuel' technology which replenishes itself with sunlight. We do have some idiot Kerbal Space Engineers on board...wouldnt be fun without them ! I am hoping a loss of life wasnt incurred...the review should answer the question...

The investigation is complete and may be reviewed here:

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta/b/402711620

Cdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
addendum

Greetings !

(OOC: Things been kind of slow - trying to form and getting ideas for things to do in this ROLEPLAY.

I enjoy the time it takes to create a story, but I am not a story teller (!); or the only story teller.

Thus was borne the need for the aforementioned explanation I decided to do regarding ARG's; the new wave of ROLEPLAY !

It is in this light that I hope to derive the story...and you all are included !

At some point I will be doing videos that will describe the story; not just live streaming; but the live streams will of course be 'active' on-going storyline; so now I have another opportunity to create an ARG, and it's home will be here, or thereabouts !

People will be involved in solving missions, as well as creating missions; and this can happen in many ways! Not necessarily by people adding posts here, as that wouldnt be correct; I am wondering how to continue an interactive ARG discussion; TwitchTV is one outlet, but a forum is better I think; or maybe a BLOG I dunno; we will work it out; whatever happens happens!

I hope to get into the video scene like I was in another game I was playing; working the ARG with the game; it takes some effort and time to build it; just one video.

I also have lots of work to do building up a scene for KSP, animations, etc; I never done this so I am learning, and stream on occasion like my streams for 'Blender'; you will see those posts in 'General' threads.

ENUF OOC lol...just wanted to say that the videos are in process; I just need to learn how to produce them; it 'WILL' happen !

/OOC)

(IC)

there have been leaks of information regarding Kerbin Launch Operations under the command of Commander Zeta; he has as such not yet been informed or know of the various leaks and news coming out of the 'KSP Radio Underground'

one such leak is that of a presence out in space somewhere that has left messages on various radio frequencies - these messages are of many forms and we believe there are hidden messages within the space noise -

there is a connection to be made - we are not at liberty to make the connection, as it would seriously jepordize any efforts to make friendly contact with the sentient beings involved

information will be sent out here as it is recieved

from the archives of zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
typo

from the KSP radio underground...

there are continued live video feeds being intercepted regarding this matter...

we do not know the extent of the longterm existance of the feeds in the archives, but it probly isnt long let me tell you that - we dont want to get into trouble and lose our contact with Cdr Zeta

as far as we know, feeds will present themselves on Cdr Zeta's live feed - we believe it is an intercepted feed from the hacked Kerbin Academy SIMULATOR - we cannot confirm the source of the feed - just that it is in space - the dark side of 'MUN' ?! i doubt it, unless they use Minmus Bounce technolgy which is entirely possible

no further information is available - the feed shows some kind of spaceship being built thats for sure - and it aint no little pod.

KSP ru

OOC>>>>

Greetings,

Websites have seen some limited updates...

There is a new twist in the game...The ARG...

I will mention for some sake of clarity...All actions played in the game and mission are considered of a Exploration and Scientific Nature. It is known that forces used in scientific investigations can be used for malevolent purposes; no such actions occur intentionally in this game format.

The ARG nature of the game presents a unique feature to roleplay - it makes things that are fake, seem to be real. I will propose that Kerbin really exists in a real system in our galaxy in space. Our technology currently allows communications over long distances - there's a LOL there; as in light year distances - the technology used has different forms - we choose to use communications that cross dimensional boundaries in the areas of the chaos field. This technology exists in some form in real life; we just roleplay it to it's 'fake reality' mode - gotta luv double negatives - errrr.....

With SIMULATIONS out of the way; most lifters built; and basic orbital manuvers done; we are ready to press on with the real mission(s) - The Kerbin Mission.

An epiphany...?...ok so ya...I had this project once I started a long time ago in a galaxy far far away ...no correlation there but there is a minor...ok so things on these planets and muns need to be discovered...I wonder if the Kerbals care where they come from as much as we do? I never really got that influence from them...yet.

I do know that it has been inferred so far that some kind of contact with an IET (Intelligent Extraterrestrial) has been made prior to Cdr Zeta's induction to the KSC and Ambassadorship to Kerbin from Earth.

The stage has been set, and it is time for meetings to take place; but we have a problem...we are lacking some things.

So far the Kerbin Space Academy with the SIMULATOR has been built and is now in use by the various Kerbal space Engineers to train to be Kerbanauts etc.

There are certain design essentials that need to be completed in order for misisons to progress. We need office space !

And We Need It Now ! That mission is being fulfilled as we (I!) speak behind the scenes. The SIMULATOR display models have been designed are ready for display for the 1st annual Parade Of Ships - well sort of a parade ! It will be more of a static display. The display(s) and buildings are now in the process of being setup; this will take some time; and I need a breather from KSP as I am gettin burnt out.

With that in mind...let the building continue...

OOC<<<<

IC>>>>

Jeb: Plans made for rescue yet Cdr?

Zeta: Yessir; we had hoped for tonite but we want to do daylight rescue as our crews are rookie.

Jeb: Rgr no problem the fish are biting so take your time.

Zeta: I have almost graduated KSA and after the static displays are up with the mission building, comms, and DATA center in process, we will do a short Parade and walk through after your rescue. Congrats on a fine first orbit to both you and Bill.

It has been suggested to 'restart' the mission due to anamolies in the KSA SIM after the parade; we will run diagnostics on all sytems and clear up the mess at the academy; we have many duplicate parts to clean up as well; just stuff that is unreliable.

Jeb: Agreed.

Zeta: During mission phases we can also send the streams to the DATA center; there needs to be DC (DATA Center) collation to the Comms center; that link needs to be highly secure with the hack we had in the KSA SIM incident.

Jeb: Understood...What are your plans?

Zeta: Design and building stuff for our Mission Control Center; we will be streaming this stuff live throughout the week:

As for the radio contacts; they are being investigated by our motley science crew. They are a musical bunch and play musik while they work; stuff I heard was GTO and BTO lately - some old music from Earth (Cdr Zeta is currently on Earth working on Designs - they schematics are then sent to Kerbin for the Kerbals to build th structures. The Parade will occur upon Cdr Zeta's return from Earth and Jeb and Bill's rescue.) There was a rumour going around over there regarding "SOL", conjunctions, some astrology stuff, and one of the songs; they are certainly an inquisitve lot; just what we need over there! They continue to decode the messages and are making progress I understand.

Jeb: OK Thanks for the update...now go make a "smoothie" !

Zeta: HAHA ! You know what software I am using dont you ! How did you know I was using "Blender" to design stuff with ?!

Jeb: Oh I gots my sources - you dont get to be head cheese at the KSC for nuthin ya know !!!

Zeta: Rgr that...Take care out there we will get to you soon...OUT.

IC<<<<

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

<<<<>>>>

Telecom MSG To Earth:

KSC - Kerbin Space Council

Greetings Earth:

Due to changes in Comms procedures...

Now that I think of it - NO ! I think this thread should remain here as it is a 'WRITING' storyline of 'The Kerbin Mission' as a whole; not put in the 'Mission Reports' threads.

Individual mission reports of actual missions....hmmm (hey Jeb do we have collation to the DC in here?...Jeb: Ya Cdr Zeta ever get his butt in gear and get me back home we can finalize any comms procedures in the conference room here...let's hold off on any mission report sending...we got some anamoly problems and they need to be dealt with; we can report any status updates to Earth via "WRITING" linkage to the DC)

Ok so we do not know the mission reports status; they may stay here or be included in any ongoing storylines here for the sake of brevity...did I get that right?...

<<<<EOM>>>>

Both Jeb and Bill have successfully done their first orbits around Kerbin.

They been camping out for a few days....Kerbin days that is...

Celebrations are underway for their safe return...all hands on deck rest assured !

.......they are in 2 seperate capsules some few km apart, camping out and fishing.....

Jeb: Hey Bill catch any fish?

Bill: Ya caught a small walleye and a few crappers...when we gettin picked up?

Jeb: Soon Bill; soon. We gots lotta work ahead of us back home...Zeta is fixin up the DC and setting up new designs for our Mission Control Center. SOmethin's goin on at the LC though -probly some kind of pomp an circumstance....

Bill: Heh I cant wait to see what those kids are doing; too bad Billy wont be there.

Jeb: Ya I know poor kid; he is smart though just always a little rebel at heart I think. Hey Zeta told me he revamped the observatory and got it running again !

Bill: Nice ! I know the beans got splattered on the ET they found- I cant wait to see the video when I get back.

Jeb: Zeta is doin a fine job with the mess an all; maybe he can locate Billy for us...

Bill: Naw tell him not to bother - let him be for awhile; poor Billy got a lot on his Kerby brain these days probly; he kyped a msg to me a few days ago; says he found some wierd talkin plant that makes sounds in his head...and he says he made a friend where he is at; whereever that is.

Jeb: Yep - sounds like Billy to me. Ok take care over there - see ya when we get rescued.

<<<<End Of Comms>>>

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
typo

Greetings:

I have report that both Jeb and Bill have been safely rescued. There were some mishaps with the aircraft as we had a rookie pilot flying. However he handled the job very well, even safely recovering the aircraft from a problem and eventual flat spin; this pilot is to be commended!

Unfortunately, there may not be a compiled video soon due to technical difficulties; I am working to resolve the issue.

As it stands, the Kerbals will be having games night at the Kerbin Launch Center tonite later on...see the Kerbin Mission Live Stream thread for more info.

There are still many last minute details to be completed...

Currently I am still here back on Earth...I have a few scheduled flights that I will be live-streaming - again see that thread for more info:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/26435-Live-Stream-The-Kerbin-Mission-Kerbin-Academy-and-other-stuff-!

These flights are located in a few places around planet Earth; running live thru the simulator as they were executed during normal daylight hours...there is pertinent information to be gleaned from these flights...

More info above a to scheduling...

>>>>>>>>Mission Brief>>>>>>>>

From the ESC/GSC Boards (Earth and Galactic Space Councils)

Brief:

Certain data has been recieved and partially decoded. We are pleased to announce that Commander Zeta will lead a team of Kerbal Space Engineers to investigate the anamolies. Cdr Zeta has informed us of total cooperation, and funding is forthcoming.

Altho we are privy to much of the information, some of which does need to be confirmed; we believe there is no threat at this time to any of us or the Kerbin System, and that this is purely explorative in nature.

Cdr Zeta has been informed to make certain 'flights' over certain 'areas' of Earth to accumulate certain 'data' streams; this must be done manually and locally to insure total security.

"Operation Collectives" is in force for 2 hours; Cdr has that time to obtain the necessary data; he is then released to continue his duties on Kerbin.

We are greatful for the GSC to allow the ESC collaboration in this effort.

ESC correspondances...All data secure...

<<<<<>>>>>

• 6 months later...

Greetings,

I apologize for a disturbance in the force ...

There have been difficulties with the program...I am attempting to resolve the issues...

Please stay tuned on my site at:

http://vncvw9.webs.com/spacepgm.html

For further info ... The program is in re-engineering stage and is expected to become live soon ...

Stay tuned on the Live Stream for updates ...:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/26435-Live-Stream-The-Kerbin-Mission-Kerbin-Academy-and-other-stuff-!

Cdr Zeta

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings From KSC:

Altho we are still trying to obtain solid communications with Commander Zeta out in Kerbin Space somewhere, we have been able to have intermittent comms and are now restarting KSC operations with 2 Kerbal Astronauts going to Mun and Minmus.

We have had some failures and it seems as tho those failures were all SIMULATED ! At least this is the word so far lets hope things stay safe there...

Tonite we expect to see more designs of bigger and more stable rockets. We also have some astronauts in orbit now and are building up a good science archive.

Watch the live video streams !

KSC and Cdr Zeta :cool:

• 2 months later...

Greetings,

As you know, I have been lost in space for some time due to technical difficulties in the inter-galactic time-space continuum travel modes used under the GSC control.

I am happy to report that there is now a more viable communications link between Earth and Kerbin.

I cannot report my exact location, however and I am working on an emergency beacon anyways for my illustrious Kerbals to get their cans out here and find me !

All events are live streamed however there have been technical difficulties here as well.

At KSC, we strive now to compliment actual space operations with Earth NASA, and it seems as though we have alot of catching up to do. The most important mission was to send a probe to Mun using 2 different capture approaches; at present we have a few concurrent operations ongoing, but have yet to work with them.

I am able to report in to KSC via GSC channels; as you know I operate under the "Prime Directive" not to interfere with advancing technologies above protocol to avoid, 'complications'. The GSC has sent me some supplies to survive out here for a good few months and more if need be; as long as it takes for the Kerbal Space Engineers to find me.

They are entrenched in Science and are doing well although it seems as though they have discovered limitations in their technologies and are working on trying to solve these problems; we will not help them beyond their means; there is however an object on Mun that is comunicating with them and is distracting them from their mission goals.

Our Kerbal Teams are doing well and will find me in a few months time I am sure; technical issues should be resolved in a few weeks or more and the live streams of the ongoing Science missions will resume!

Cdr Zeta

The KSC Has A Report:

Bill: Meeting called to order... where is Jeb?

Bob: Heh...err...where are we?

Bill: Although problematic, we continue to our Science missions; we are moving on to space ventures and holding back on our plane construction due to cost limitations.

Bob:...okies...

Everyone Else: Is Not Here ....

Bill: I have it on good talk that the Teams are doing well; I have been personally overseeing all Science operations; our primary objective is to find our Commander Zeta who on return from Earth encountered some odd space wave that misplaced him about a few parsecs or more ...does that constitute a joke?

Bob: .... okies ....

Everyone Else: ( voices heard over the intercom ... ewffochw h ed qodhdhfowe ndoewdh ....)

Bill: Let's keep up the good work, and get those rockets flying ... !

Bob: ... okies ....

Everyone Else: (silence over the intercom as all the teams are now on 'coffee' (!) break? )

End Of Report

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I have been streaming altho the quality is poor I press on... only 2 more weeks and hopefully the streams will be better !!

Mission progress has been using the latest version of KSP v0.23 using no mods. We have successfully made a payload lifter and have most of the research done; now it is time to press on with 'real missions'...soon !

In this process we will be looking at the science trees using the tree mod; we would like to create our own tree that incorporates only a 'few' select mods; we run mostly if not all 'vanilla ksp' with NO MODS.

We have discovered a process whereby other resources may be not only available on other planetary bodies and moons, but the ability to mine them, store them, and use them !

We will try to incorporate Kethane into our tree; as well as mechjeb, engineer, some other useful 'mods' such as new rocket parts.

Please check the stream forum ...

Cdr Zeta

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

RPG events will occur here in this thread.

Most if not all of the Kerbin Missions will be broadcast live at:

Past missions have been lost unfortunately due to a whigwag...wait maybe a space kraken...

I dont plan to do much in the way of RPG but ya never know...

The ARG's or Alternate Reality Games with NASATV and KSP will occur here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-zeta-streams

Info on these streams is located here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/29276-The-Kerbin-Mission-ARG

I also dont plan on much ARG'ing as I have now modded my career mode and I will be quite busy playing KSP finally - and streamin it all - ya !

Wish me and my illustrious Space Engineering and Science Teams the best of luck as we '...boldy go where, well, quite a few 'other' Kerbals have already gone before...', but possibly exploring new frontiers in Science and Missions expenses where no Kerbal that I know have has gone before !

>>>>

NNNN

Broadcast from the GSC:

Cmdr Zeta, currently lost in Kerbal space has recieved limited variant communications of extreme anxieties on the planet Kerbin...he senses that teams have been formed and are in preparation for contacting Cmdr Zeta thru a specially designed antenna, to allow missions orders to get thru; until then, Bill is in charge of all operations; his son (we think its his son), Billy Bob, is somewhere lost in space too; we think he contacted an anamoly on Mun and is in touch with his own launch systems.

The Science teams have been working for almost a year in preparation for new adventures in Kerbin space; robotics, laserz, wait...what? Excavation?

Err they really dont know that yet.

We are told that all the MODS are in; the Science teams are delegating the appropriate coordinations with Missions control specialsts to insure that there are no cost overruns; this process is nearly completed and is in works as we speak; we hope to see lift off tonite...someday...

NNNN

<<<<

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Greetings from the Offices of the KSC, Bill here...

I wish to extend congrats and kerdos to all the kerbals on the teams for successful hardware and software optimizations; we are finally on our way to what we hope to be successful careers for our space engineers.

The follwing reports have some in and I wish to relay them to the general Kerbal public...

Memory Optimizations: Report rcvd from Boulder Colorada USA Earth on texture compression; used !

Software Bootups: Someone left oversized boots in the computer room; we think Billy-Bob was here...

as a result, the software bootup process was changed - for the better ! Read on ...

It seems as though new product implementation was a piecemeal operation...now all MODS go out of system on software bootup; this offers cleaner boots no matter how big they are...the KSP master software is saved to a hidden location, then implemented; all singularly trusted MODS are then added in small specific groups to test memory optimization; success...

Then all MODS are added to a new master KSP system; all systems are now GSC-1001 Compliant.

The Science teams are relegating advanced approportion techniques...? Gads...They say the process is still in work but nearly done, and missions will begin soon; maybe even in an hour from now...err...Other works in Science expect to include warp drive technologies, excavations of various resources and resource management...someone said Kerbals dont use Oxygen to breath in...well, they do...they really do; and they need food, and water, and ...

The Missions specialists are spot-on when it comes to keeping cost overruns from happening; I dont really know who they are yet...figures...

It will be a very slow and maticulous beginning for us; we have seen that the re-useable techniques mission needs to be implemented at some point, and that Science costs will be higher than originally predicted; by about 25%...

The following MODS are used: (Some portions of some MODS are not used)

Bobcat Ind

Achievements

Ribbons by Final Frontier

Bio Mass Life Support Systems

Some outfit from Boulder Colorado who compress pictures...(!)<< Life Saver Here

Cargo Transfer Bags

Chatterer Comms

Trucks by some elephant seal

Engineer Redux

MechJeb2

Extraplanetary Launchpads

Firespitter

Graphotron

ISS COmmunity

KAS Winches

Procedural Fairings

Hyperedit (not used in real missions)

Kethane MOD to which we here there may still problems with the dlls

Kotysoft containers

Mission Controller Extended

Planet Factory with no additions

Precise Nodes

Protractor

Remote Tech 2

Resource Transfer

Romfarer

ScanSat

Ship Manifest

Squad

Station Science to make Kibbals...?

TACLIFE Support Systems

Tree Editor and Loader (Used to setup the Science tree: Only Stock Tree used and MODS are moved to them)

Alternate Resource Panel

Warp Plugin

...end of message...

Greetings,

The Kerbin Missions are now ready !

Although it seems that the Space Kraken appeared and devasted part of our software complex, I have been informed that repairs have proceeded accordingly; with overtime and a few not-so vary happy Kerbals.

Bill and Jeb are off duty...Bob will be taking over the Missions Simulations Assessment tonite...

The Missions Simulations will be live streamed and NO KERBALS WILL DIE ! THIS IS A SIMULATED TEST !

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/26435-Live-Stream-The-Kerbin-Mission-Kerbin-Academy-and-other-stuff-!

Cmdr Zeta :cool:

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
addendum

Greetings,

The Kerbin Mission is finally started...I had a tough time the last 2 weeks getting things to work and there may be a final straw with the Science mode...we will see how far it goes...the Planet Factory is being used and may be the Science Breaker...I know it drops the archives...but I think something else is happening causing the line to drop in the node tree...

I may be taking a break from streaming/playing for a few days...hopefully I get back; the ARG event may be called off - the launch is sked for 4am; docking I dunno when so I will keep tabs...I would rather take my time to play the game since I finally got my mods in...

unfortunately I dropper 3...KAS, ISS, and Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Wish me luck...keep tabs on my stream page...

Cdr Zeta

Greetings,

ALtho operations will continue, they may be less frequent due to other activities around the homestead...

Today marks the second day of mission access...catch it live !

I will be running 'real REAL' (!) missions (!)

The GSC board of missions has accepted the missions listing and is now available for public scrutiny...

Info here somewhere...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/26435-Live-Stream-The-Kerbin-Mission-Kerbin-Academy-and-other-stuff-%21/page10

Cdr Zeta

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.