Dragon Rider Capsule [0.23 (2/14/14)

Nibb31.......You Are The MAN:cool: is there a specific part in the CFG file we need to add "scale = 1" and is "rescaleFactor = 1" also need and were do we put it? i dont want to mess it up not good at modding

Edited by Big_Ron

Nibb31.......You Are The MAN:cool: is there a specific part in the CFG file we need to add "scale = 1" and is "rescaleFactor = 1" also need and were do we put it? i dont want to mess it up not good at modding

Here:

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu [COLOR="#0000FF"]// leave this as[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000FF"]// add the following parameters[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#008000"]scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1[/COLOR]

Only add rescaleFactor if you want to convert the Dragon to 2.5m diameter. This will allow it to fit to either the Laztek or the KerbX Falcon.

Because of the size reduction, I also reduced the crew to 4, the engine thrust to 50, and the Monopropellant to 350, which is enough to rendez-vous a couple of times, deorbit and land. The original tank size was bit unrealistic. I also added a node inside the trunk for cargo, which could be an extra RCS tank if necessary.

Designer225 Thanks for dumming it down for me well see if i can get it to work i added "scale = 1" under asset parameters.

Nibb31 i will look at scaling it down after i can get it to work..lol

O and Nibb "DON'T FOR GET YOUR TOWEL"

Edited by Big_Ron

The Dragon fly's!!!!! now i have a all gray cockpit with windows. was the inside of the Ship ever finished?

No, he never did an interior for it. CBBP says he has no interest in doing interiors....

Just a little note for everyone: if you're going to rescale the Dragon Rider to 2.5m, you should know a couple of things:

(1) The thrust animations and the physics positioning of the thrusters don't scale. The former is a cosmetic issue, but the latter actually affects how the capsule handles. I'd suggest also changing the engine power in the .cfg from 400 to 200 or so. Leaving it at 400 has, for me, made the capsule basically uncontrollable...

(2) If you have an existing Dragon Rider in flight, rescaling will wonkify it. Again, mostly cosmetic with one exception: the Dragon Brain will be floating above the docking port, and will keep the capsule from docking.

50 thrust is way more than enough for a capsule that size, with 300 units of fuel. I have no idea what cBBp was thinking when he put 400 thrust on it with 2000 units of monopropellant fuel. I bet it could SSTO from Duna with those figures, which is totally over the top.

Hey all, questions maybe you guys can help....how do i add attachment points to the inside of the trunk.

you could just add some nodes that fall inside the body of the trunk... I don't know if the game would like that or not but...

It would be nice to have a trunk system that had modular inserts for battery, mono-propellant etc.?

I added this line to the cfg file of the Dragon_Wings folder:

node_stack_cargo = 0.0, 0.75, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

This adds a node inside the trunk. You can put a decoupler there and a small 2m cargo tank (not 2.5m, you might have to resize something to fit).

is this Right??

// --- node definitions ---

// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z

node_stack_top = 0.0, 1, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.88, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_cargo = 0.0, 0.75, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

• 2 weeks later...

Jokamo, I'm not having any issues with it causing crashing. with the exceptions of the few command lines we have put in im not see any issues. I hope CBBP will keep it up to date and continue to develop it

hey guys!will cbbp be updating this?

if not can somebody help me by telling me what to do to get this to work perfectly in the current game version?

go back a few pages and look at Nibb's comments

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/26243-Dragon-Rider-Capsule-19-1-%282-28-13%29?p=385368&viewfull=1#post385368

Ancasta.

To fix the nose cone issue, edit the CFG file and replace "module = part" with "module = Part". It looks like 0.20 is case sensitive.

To fix the solar panel covers issue (and any other attachment node problems in 0.20), add the line "scale = 1" to all of the CFG files. All the files....that's it. Works great after that

Edited by Big_Ron

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.