[WIP] KDA Interstellar Vehicle (ISV) "Venture Star"

Welcome to

wGBQCzSl.jpg

"Developing technology today for the exploitation exploration of tomorrow"

Project Valkyrie Components

Radiator Module: IR Edition

9ggalMa.png

Space is cold, but your ship is hot! Prevent catastrophic failure with our patented radiation technology.

Note: All Gamma Ray edition radiators have been discontinued and support is no longer available

GnP2v0m.png

Radiators in tandem configuration

Fuel Sphere

rHZjygy.pngEwGFSH6.png

Using only slightly used magneto-acoustic stabilization field arrays, these spheres of fuel, so adequately named make sure your spacecraft doesn't mutually annihilate!

Note: Compatible with KDA Brand fuels ONLY, use of any other fuel will void the warranty.

Anti-Matter Engine

V4BCgA1.png

With these, you can cruise around the Kerbal system at appreciable fractions of the speed of light!

These get toasty so be sure to pair them with our radiator/toaster oven.

On the Way:

Anti-Matter Engine: Completed, need to work on CFG.

Crew/cargo Modules: These will contain Kerbals and materials for transport all around the Kerbal system and beyond!

Anti-Matter Generators: I still haven't gotten this quite figured out, since it is a resource, I'm wondering how big it should be and how long it will take to make such fuel.

Now there are some nice truss packs out there already so I won't bother making those. Stock ones would work fine.

Edited by Guest

Thank you very much, ahappydude! Unfortunately this process so far has been very time consuming. But I do want to get this set completed and out so I can move on to bigger and better things!

This has been conceived in January 2013 and, until recently, has been in development hell. I can see you have a similar project and I hope what I am doing hasn't encroached on that aspect.

Nice looking stuff, i only have one crit and that is the poly count on your models, Are you planning on baking these to lowpoly + nice textures? because KSP and unity cannot handle such... gratuitous polycounts ;)

Yeah, these original meshes weigh in upwards 6000 or more. So some trimming down is in order. I have to remake a number of these parts though so I'll simplify it then.

I'm actually overlapping the UVs since the whole thing is a simply a large amount of the same thing. That way texture resolution is increased. :D

I seriously recomend either

A: Cutting down on your polycount

Or

B: Baking highpoly to lowpoly, There is just no way these parts will ever work in game.

Google what im talking about, it may take a little bit of time, but its worth it in the end, Trust me :)

Hopefully you can solve the problem of it randomly tearing apart, which plagues Zanys Version (i believe its the Physics in KSP, as most Towed craft then to rip off whatever they are dragging). Its shame because other than that his mod is fantastic .. but yea best of luck with this.

Hopefully you can solve the problem of it randomly tearing apart, which plagues Zanys Version (i believe its the Physics in KSP, as most Towed craft then to rip off whatever they are dragging). Its shame because other than that his mod is fantastic .. but yea best of luck with this.

Couldn't you just reduce the parts drag to 0 in configs

Id also reccomend cutting down the poly count here, and baking the normals onto the low poly version.

And for unwrapping the UV's to a more efficient layout, I reccomend Roadkill.

Thanks for the tip. I do agree that the poly count needs to be reduced. I'm just a stickler for detail. :I I could retopo it...

A radiator to remove waste heat from the engine. The actual part will be animated so that the great glow depends on the radiator render, much like how most engines have heat animations.