Live Stream: The Kerbin Mission, Kerbin Academy...and other stuff !

Cdr_Zeta

Hello,

Wow I only been gone about a month or so tryin out a new game...well I had my reasons I left and now I am back...well I really never left KSP but this other game was so inviting...it was rather addictive I am glad I kept dying it was getting boring and I could see boredom with it in the future.

KSP is never boring no matter how you play it; we just have to work around things as they come up as in every game; we need to play the game as it can be played to reveal it best sides; I know how to do this.

Granted there were some areas that neede ALOT of attention and the problem of resource gathering could have been cheated to some extent was not a problem for me but was one reason why I left for awhile to see if any updates were made.

Well folks I am back to KSP 1.0.4 it seems.

I dont know exactly when I will start streaming again I will need at least a good week to resort the game out.

Cmdr Zeta

Howdi !!

So...here we go again....another boldly go where no Kerbal has gone before...

Resource extraction on first attempt...IS A GO !!

It will take me at least a week if not more to get KSP Resource Sim working again...all the difficult sorting out was completed last game so we have a good start...it is just very time consuming with new MODS and parts to sort out for CAREER Mode; I also have to remember how I did all this.

Wish me luck...

Cmdr Zeta

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I know I havnt been around...I been busy which is good...now with winter coming up and I have a bunch of stuff to do before the snow flies...I hope to have time at night for KSP however now I am seeing an update called 1.1 for Unity 5.2+ ...

I am considering just waiting til this update as Unity 5+ is a new engine and I am wondering if it will break MODS...which now that I think of it...I have particular MODS that are important to me; maybe I will try to get them updated so I can have at least a partial game then just port them over to the new KSP 1.1.

Things look promising for KSP performance improvements and it may be worthwhile just to wait this out and not get to involved in my KSP Resource program only having to start it over again with this update.

So I am still around; things are ok with me so far... I might be able to stream like for an hour at night from 11PM EST at some point...

My biggest issue is the placement of parts in Careers mode; I have to do them MANUALLY...not much fun but it makes a VERY KOOL and difficult beginnings for our beloved Kerbalnauts !

Cmdr Zeta

• 3 months later...

Hello,

With the advent of 'Creative' on Twitch, I will be exploring space (!); real space (!); I just dont know when.

I have a 10 year span of select astrophotographs that need to be checked, converted, and improved; I will probly use the hashtag #Astrophotography.

I also plan on integrating some of it with KSP (!); somehow ! I am guessing parts of this will happen soon but then might be a lapse til fall due to RL ...

Here is my Fansite Page:

http://vncvw9.webs.com/spacepgm.html

I should add it to my sig !

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Greetings,

As you may notice I changed my Twitch stream name to CmdrZeta so, please head on over and support my streaming efforts !

I also added a donation page with some specs.

The good news is I have downloaded most of the MODS for 1.0+ KSP but the not so good news is that it will take me quite a while to sort out all the parts; but it will be fun and I may even stream some of the process I go thru.

I am working on some AI bots to help me with some tasks in the game; there is still other MODS I need to download again...oh the fun...but I am up for the challenge and I am where I need to be at home for now and will keep ypu all posted !

Wish me luck !

Cmdr Zeta

Greetings,

I will be setting up KSP 1.05 Careers Mode and streaming the progress. This will be a great introduction for new players.

The entire process may take several days, and the streams are run in hourly increments.

I cant be on mic but I have a robot to assist in that area or I can text in chat.

I will be streaming now and off and on tonite ! There will be a break for suppah and I have been setting up already

for about an hour. I should probly setup my website to better show the MUST-HAVE MODS, or setup some priroty but I havnt got that far as I want to get into this game lol !

Wish me luck ! Also please note the new streaming page in my SIG; the old one is cdr_zeta for anyone wanting to look at old streams.

Please support and follow me; I dont have much to do these days except for being busy at home and there will be times when I may be AFK at a moments notice; I will make a sign for that !

My donations are setup now using Paypal; I havnt checked my powerball yet.

Sincerely,

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

I will be running the stream for an hour - hopefully I can get some tech tree work done. There is a new version of techmanager which is used to load trees, however editing is another story. Due to game complications we always save game folders elsewhere just in case after we make major changes.

Tonite I am mostly looking at Squad's parts; if there is time I am hoping to port parts without dlls to version 90 and run treeloader...this is done with some minor changes to the tech tree files and I will show this in the stream; if I get that far.

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

I will be running the stream a couple times tonite; hopefully looking to move some parts.

As it looks like Techmanager didnt work, and TED editor may not work, I still dont know how the CTT Community Tech Tree is allowed to work; we shouldnt be held to one modder's tech tree.

I am adding the tree though hopefully tonite to see how to activate it so I can get my own tree back; usually this means I have to manually edit EVERY part to put them where I want them; whats worse: every part cfg file is written obtusively and has to be converted to a rich rich text doc just to be able to make sense of the file; this is why it takes soooo loong to set up KSP and understand the inner workings of the game; such is the life of a realistic KSP player !

It is still possible to try my 'tree-trick' tonite !

Cmdr Zeta

Greetings,

Ya know how things seem to come to an end? Well maybe sometimes but not this time at least yet anyways !

Well I am editing this...I am seeming to find out there is simply no way to port any tree over; ie even if it is stock there is simply no more Tech Tree in the game and the ONLY recourse is this patch programming (for quicker part moves).

The other recourse is I will be looking at all the MODS I use and checking for updates and moving files; anything not updated goes into the new KSP 1.05 for testing; I guess; these parts ALL use the STOCK Tech Tree (!); now you know why I left it that way !!

We can still do some Tech Tree Altering with Alt F12 cheats and save the game (?!). We will do that once the parts work; including Kethane harr.

Commander Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
addendum

Greetings,

So I have process problems in version KSP 1+ I didnt think I had; it seems I have to rework and/or recheck BIOMASS which is all my food production; I hope to have a solution and have it ready for tonite's stream.

I went back to KSP .90 and it works fine. In fact I will stream module processing tonite; we gonna look for conflicts and consistencies and come up with a standard for process creation (!); problem is is that some modules will not work using other process forms; especially if it is another MOD; I wish we could use one form and stick to it.

I use Kethane but that form didnt work in biomass as I recall; here we go again with this madness !

Commander Zeta

Hello,

So I am having some problems with KSP; trying to figure out what to do; nothing serious or too complicated but more time consuming; I will be workin on it without streaming I think - my brain is fried a bit; KSP can do that to me, and most anyone.

So I am tackling the problems at a slower pace; rest assured I will have it figured out but I am worried I may not be playing up to date versions any more with some mods being supported; ESPECIALLY Tech Tree management; I miss tree loader.

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

So...our friend Roverdude seems to have implemented mod resources to be mined in such a way as to also incorporate varying BIOME resource density amounts; well all of this was inlcluded in the old ScanSAT resource locating MOD which never worked (!?).

Now according to the NEW KSP 1.05, resource locating and mining also uses the old Community Resource CONFIG files (not used by Kethane); the resource extraction I havnt looked at yet; there is as I recall even though a certain percentage of resource I dont know if that resource is infinite or if it decreases as the resource is mined; doesnt matter for now as we are more looking towards keeping with the newer versions of KSP.

An advantage and what makes more sense, where Kethane resource failed, was in the Biomes (which also werent around in the beginning); BIOME resource management for planets/moons have not totally been evolved in KSP and we can see a basis for addition of our multiple resource allocations !

What this means - alot of resource allocation work ! Only ORE is implemented as a raw resource to make fuels almost directly in ISRU's - not very realistic, but at least a basis from which to start.

The scanners...well it looks like they may deprecate ScanSat as well; perhaps this was the oeverall goal.

So now we can find salt water where it is supposed to be ! Also, rich ores need to be in mountain biomes ! The challenges of mining ore now have increased !

I still dont know about using certain resource generators and I will be researching this.

So far from what I am seeing...it is looking more and more to saying good bye to Kethane (I already said bye to ScanSat but now it is back under a different name...it doesnt have one !).

I am hoping to implement the mining modules into the BAHA drills still.

So now I have some ideas and work to do...

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

Not sure if I am streaming tonite (Denver game harr !) but thot I would give an update.

SO I been lokin at Stock processes...I probly will look at more of them - ie RTG, core heating (?) (cooling?) (inherancies in nuclear or other 'hot' processes?) (I dont think we need to use this in our waste byproduct conversions; there is excess heat availablity but coolant not sure how to get excess of yet), and fuel processes (needs serious attention as we do not convert ORE to FUEL directly - the stock processes provide a basis from which to work from at least; something we need to get our bio-processes going).

I am still looking at these bio-conversion processes.

I was told Kethane has a 1.05 update; I cant even get it to work yet and due to it's nature and lack of BIOME resource location setup, the resource scan/location part of Kethane MOD may be deprecated (not used anymore); I am still trying to get some Keth processes to work; still a no-go.

The inference to ScanSat now allows me to look at it again; I dont like it that much but it may have a use now if it works: BIOME resource location ! We shall see ! If it works I will stream it !

If it does work it means adding resources to all the planets and moons (in Outer Planets too !); it is alot of work but well worth it; I already have amounts for all planets/moons etc in the Kethane set; just need to port the data over andprobly add some BIOMES if they havnt been added already.

There are spoilers in the wikis for BIOME names, places etc, so that will help.

Hopefully I get my BIO processes working...the BAHA drills need attention...I have something to do with KSP again...wish me luck!

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

So...I am having issues with Scansat and Stock resource scanning.

Resource scans are simply not accurate or I am missing something; when global resource sets an amount, and then planet/moon sets an amount on top, and BIOME sets an amount on top of that, you would think they are stacking.

We need to confirm what is going on here.

We have resources on the planets/moons and we can drill for them no problem; we could assume a few things, and drill looking aimlessly for hot pockets; hot pockets have ALOT more concentrations of resource.

But I am getting 5% availability and I dont know about the concentration amounts versus drill recovery; if there is a higher concentration it may only mean there is more of it; forget what I just said; I hate to assume but drilling; now wait...in our last video we did have ore/substrate amount drill recovery differences.

Maybe we will try to look at that.

I am starting up a new KSP 105; trying to port new parts I am building; havnt done that yet; porting over major mods one at a time.

TacLife is failing in some areas and is a primary.

I am going to do some resource limitations to test planet/moon resource implementation; if we have time we drill.

PS Whenever I make an update here I am either streaming or just updating; I am doing a stream tonite.

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

Wow so I downloaded my OPM mod(s); found Galactic Naberhood which is probly buggy but worth a trial run; I worry about the multiple sun SOI's maybe they accounted for this and each sun will not interfere with each other.

Now that I think of it I may just run KSP as a separate game with each separate extra system as advancement in the game; that way it will save mega memory...I could have the galactic naberhood as a KSP bridge game for just the intergalactic travel portions.

So stock scanning is working now; I am working on ideas for limited resource harvesting; such as worn out drills or a fake resource resource depletion process would work better.

I am going to look for building similar to MKS but I may not use MKS buildings now; I dont want to have people in my stream think I am running MKS per se when I use different resource process routines (to me that make more sense chemically), and simpler to run and figure out; we dont need mega amounts of resource processing; we need to play the game too and get out there in space !

So finally I am working on all the resource plopping for planets/moon per STOCK resource configuration.

Scansat wont find the resources yet; but the stock scanner is lookin good.

I am concerned about the map-mode color leftover; it doesnt seem to do anything useful so why have it??

Once I figure out that bug I will probly talk about it eleswhere; I dont really like having it on the map but I have more work to learn about it.

I will be on and off streams ... I dont want to give biome/resource spoilers !

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

So I am working on resources for planets, moons etc.

I am deciding to drop ORE as a drilled resource.

I am hoping, and have yet to test, that the drill(s) will simply drill 'ORE' but not per se !

Any and all materials at the site will be drilled up, isolated with basic processes such as heat, and stored.

I am going to develop alloys for space ships; maybe 3 levels, each with a lifetime expectancy.

We could probly still use 'rocketparts' as a final output but I have yet to look at EL.

So far I have iron and bauxite for raw materials; I get aluminum from the bauxite.

I am going to research spaceship material design; this wont be much of a wabbit hole but we aint drillin for ORE no mo ! We gettin specific !

I have alot of work to do on the biomes ... I got to look at EL. I probly wont stream tonite or till I get my resources done; shouldnt be more than a few days but with things at home if you dont here from me for awhile...you know why.

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

Whew I just got done with understanding and setting up some Global resource allocations; got a few resources added; need to work on the rest of the resources on the rest of the planets and moons; verified STOCK scan operations; finalizing resource rates and looking at Global resource rate implementation as there seems to be some descrepancies solvable by BIOME resource settings for resource values.

I am not 100% sure if no Global resource means no resources at all; I dont think this is the case but I been so busy getting things to work...

I am getting multiple drilling operations to work; 3-4 resources per drill at resource availability rates; needs some fine tuning here as well.

Some drills such as the gold ore drill will probly be seperate; I made an ore/substrate/minerals/water drill. Some drills will be composite; I may up the core temp anti's on them and add resource use for drill operations like I did before. I use NaOH as a coolant source as well as coolant for drills; I will try and find a way to implement this.

Hot systems need coolant; I use readily available chemicals for that which are extracted from various sources (!). All process are based on real world processes; look 'em up !

I gleaned some info on light materials for space ships ... harr ...no spoilers here !!

Perhaps an ARG is in order; I will give it a name, somewhat fictitious, but related to real world technology.

Guess the name and get an outpost with your Kerbalnaut on it in my system !

Let us have some clues ... some may think it is unlucky ... and it may even be the end of that which is in question ! The beginning of which, while not in it's exact form, also has a clue within a clue and is much more difficult to resolve: it is one of which keeps one 'warm' in the coldest of weather, and is of a raw material; it's abbreviation is quite ironic and is the first part of the name I am looking for !

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

So...I been as busy as I can with resource ploppoing on planets and moons and asteroids and such, as well as getting my processes organized; I must be over half way done.

I am guessing...the Globals resource sets values...well I was thinking why not just leave the Globals OUT ALTOGETHER (!!) and just set the planet/moon resource values.

Some resources (not spoiling) I do have minimal values for universe-wide; but I figure why not just plop them down where I want them then I dont have to worry about setting everything GLOBAL to "0" to not have a resource at a specific place...I am still at odds with doing this and am still in the experimental stage; I should have it figured out tonite.

I hope to get a DEMO stream out tonite to show the general idea of my success with STOCK resources !

The next step for me is to work on resource processing, then finding suitable space buildings to put them in.

I am thinking about a contest for "Kolonization" parts similar to the old MKS in design, made such that they are in correct scale to the size of a Kerbalnaut. If you are a candidate and have 'Kolony' buildings out there that I have not researched for yet, PM me (!); the winner gets a MAJOR exclusive in my KSP Universe: to have all their habitat modules used for: Manufacturing, Living, Greenhouse...NOT STORAGE; subsustance only.

I hate to have to use the MKS for everything (except small storage) but the buildings look kool; I just cant use buildings with processes in them; I really do not want to advertize a building part when any process within it is not used according to my specifications; but if I have to, I will (!); it is just not my preference.

The buildings cannot be or look like any that have processes in them...IE BIOMASS, EL, MKS etc...I will sort it out later; time for me to look !

Commander Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Greetings,

I am going to do up a stream ... in a few minutes setting up ....

It will DEMO the STOCK resource scanning system (modified by me); I have a few tests to try out; it will be quick down and dirty.

I have most if not all my resources setup for planets/moons crust/atmospheres/oceans; I havnt touched OPM yet but it is in the works.

The combination scanners/drills will be sorted out and separated later; ie the first drill drills for rock, dirt, substrate, and minerals; other drills are more specific.

Both drill reorganization and resource process modifications are in the works for next week, as well as possible part building.

Struggling along ...

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

So, I dont have OPM (Outer Planets) in yet, but I am going to do up a stream on resource processing; reprocessing rates.

I am gonna get some mods in 105 and try some stuff off the cuff live tonite !

Tac Life, BIOMASS, Kethane, and MKS - all separately at first.

I will also load up an old version of KSP with my BIOMASS resource processes.

I also would like to recheck TAC Life food/water/O2 useage as last recall O2 is not depleting.

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

I finally found a way to import all my resource settings !!! HooAh for Moi Ha Ha !!!

Smartly that is !!! Check my streams if yer interested...

So now I can update all my processes to the new versions of MODS.

Next week ... part model building to house them !

Commander Zeta

Greetings,

So I am workin on MKS part model cfg files. I am hoping to restrict my process and storage data to a select few part models; ones that are generally included in the entire USI set of kolonization; I may make a MOD out of it now that the Creative Commons License seems to allow this. One would have duplicate part models with different names; confusing; yep; unless one uses MKS part models for my entire resource processing routines; which was my original design.

What is odd is that I would have a separate download of similar parts of a similar MOD; I dont know when and if this would happen, but since I seem to have figured it out, and all that is sent with the MODS is a copy of this Creative Commons License I should be good to go as it covers all previous MOD owner restrictions of use.

So we shall see.

I hope to get to the other couple of storage/processing part models tonite; maybe no one is interested in getting into my part model contest for my processes; too bad. I do look to the 'small modder' and unknown modders out there; there are a few and should be recognized !

I will try to get into some part model building tonite !

Commander Zeta

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.