Hawkinator's almost-multiplayer pass along the save file challenge thingy.

[table=width: 900, class: outer_border, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

Total Completed Challenges: 89

Total Kerbals lost: 2

Total Extra-Kerbin landings: 9

Video of Challenge:

http://www.twitch.tv/actzoltan/b/413748647

Made it to Minmus with the Observatory found a nice flat area

screenshot15-1.png

Success! The Astronomers from the Observatory have taken this opportunity to have a group photo. :)

screenshot20.png

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

My Challenge:

1. Clear the launch pad

2. Transfer Sr. Kemrins interplanetary ship to moho (time warp 5 days if necessary)

use http://ksp.olex.biz/ if you need to figure out how.

Ill revise my flag conquest ship and lower the part count more before i put it up again next time i get a challenge.

This just means i get to add more bells and whistles! :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-_wvk1PMfr9eHkySTFvR3IxeHM/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Actzoltan
too many parts no one is interested....

Total Completed Challenges: 90

Mission to set up an intersect with Moho begun! Kerbal alarm clock set to about 15 days from now when the angle needs to be changed, but the approach looks really good.

2wm5yvjl.png

Not much else to show here!

Mission 91:

Get the interplanetary fuel depo to orbit and make the burn for Moho while the window is still open!

The staging is a big weird, so fair warning, and credit to the Zenith rocket family for the main stage. (mine were having some pretty serious exploding issues)

5MNet37l.jpg

Once we get to orbit, we'll need to deorbit the propellant stage and leave the RCS stage with the various docking ports in a reasonable orbit of Moho. (Be careful not to time warp too far, there are other missions which will need to occur before this guy can reach Moho!)

Save File: Here

Edited by dracklen

Ah, I think I figured out what it was, I mixed up a SAS module for the quantum core I installed to run someone elses save a while back... I think I've got it all removed now, if that still doesn't work, I'll just come up with a different ship this afternoon, sorry guys! Give this one a try: link

Challenge # 91 Complete

Next event: last chance for the Moho window.

For some reason, the planes did a lot of exploding the first time I loaded it. I quickloaded and moved them out of physics range of the launch facilities so that doesn't happen again (probably the same reason it happened to the last motel). I also planted a flag at the end of the runway to help guide things back to KSC in the future. The Interplanetary Fuel Depot has received its transfer burn, though the intercept isn't that great at the moment (~2Gm), so I also scheduled a course correction for when it reaches the Moho descending node. The booster module from the observatory has also been deorbited.

unO58cKs.png 9gtJ2Fos.png 8ZMOlt5s.png

Hrd4D5hl.png

The next challenge...

The Charon has departed Shiva Station with the Crazy Ivan tug, and docked with the Tranquility lounger. Your objective is to rendezvous with the Valkyrie and dock to one of the junior ports on the size-1 cargo arms. Finally, time warp through the remainder of the Moho window so that we can finish preparations for the Duna and Jool windows.

Edited by ThePsuedoMonkey

IM giving this a shot, The second part i need clarification on though what is being moved please.

" Finally, time warp through the remainder of the Moho window so that we can finish preparations for the Duna and Jool windows."

what do you want me to warp, Cheron?

kerbin to moho understood

Nope i wont be able to crashed three times trying to dock lol

Edited by harleyro
figured it out

Challenge # 92 Complete

Charon has ferried it's payload to the Valkyrie and docked it in the proper position.

ZYkUL6J.png

The Charon is currently docked to the Valkyrie as well, and has transferred some of it's RCS fuel to top off the tanks aboard the station.

UHGFhfL.png

Time has also been warped 24 hours. 7 days remaining until the Duna transfer window.

Next Challenge: Return the Charon to Shiva Station in LKO. Warp time 24 hours.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_TiHboEU4cOUHVJMDJVTE84NGc/edit

Edited by Jenkinz

Challenge # 93 Complete

Got the Charon back to Shiva station, docked it back up, and got Charon fueled up for future adventures.

Yu7eDAAl.png

no5Pxofl.jpg

Challenge #94

Philsy Kerman has stolen Jeb's Buggy!

lqLaB94l.png

He's taken it on a joy ride in the middle of the night, and drove it to the top of the mountain to the west of KSC!

uMgJgOLl.png

But then he remembered something! He's afraid of heights, and it's a whole lot scarier going down than it is coming up, so he needs to be rescued. You need to either get another brave kerbal over to the buggy to drive him safely off of the mountain, or better yet, design some kind of rescue vehicle that is capable of landing in rugged terrain on top of the mountain, and taking off again to get safely back to the launch center. Then time warp 24 hours to get us closer to some of the upcoming windows!

The Buggy for reference is designed to climb mountains and hit decent speeds over the flat land to get there, but its not so great at getting down them!

9MSd85Bl.png

Speeds: Powered Wheels ~ 25 m/s, Safe with jet~ 60 m/s, max on flat land ~ 125m/s

Braking: Terrible! The downward facing wings and forward com make it want to flip if you hit the breaks above ~25 m/s.

Action Groups:

1) Jet Engine

2) Ladders for driver, shotgun, and rear

3) Head Lights

4) Cabin Lights

5) Tail Lights

Save File: here!

Edited by dracklen

Challenge #94 Complete

Next Event:Act Corp Station Transfer in 6 days

First order of business; the Iron Sparrow rescued the endangered kerbal and returned him to the staging grounds west of KSC.

WyWItJWs.png 3OE3XnOs.png fSbvCDRs.png ITghXfQs.png

We've also balanced the payloads on the Valkyrie via fuel transfer (make sure to shut off fuel crossflow for the starboard one if you need to fire the engines). Bill and Jeb managed to run over some kind of animal, but they are maintaining their adventure. We've also launched two orange tanks into orbit, which are ready for transfer to the Valkyrie. These two tanks will take her dV from 3500 to 5000+, so she has ~50T of space up for grabs. Sir Kenrims ship has been updated in the alarm clock as well.

qoDCyP2s.png 2zhRmPks.png

The next challenge will be fairly easy; launch the Sampson orbital-assembly vehicle into low orbit. Action groups 1-5 are used, which toggle engines and RCS groups. Optional objective: dock with the TwinTank, which is in a low orbit.

wEzqZKe.jpg

The launch vehicle of the Sampson only has 4300dV, so you'll need to fire the nukes. 1=toggle rear engines, 2=toggle forward engines, 3=toggle all engines, 4=toggle 1m RCS group, 5=toggle 2m RCS group.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6828vVl_-ZoRHlPeG96VUlKb1E/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by ThePsuedoMonkey

[table=width: 900, class: outer_border, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

Challenge #95 Complete

Next Event:Act Corp Station Transfer in 5 days

Here is a video of the challenge :)

http://www.twitch.tv/actzoltan/b/421151224

Got the Sampson into orbit and docked with the TwinTank

screenshot34.png

This is the next challenge: The Act Corp. Duna Hopper Fuel ship

screenshot39.png[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

My Challenge:

1. Get the Act Corp. Duna Hopper Fuel into orbit.

2. Set an alarm clock for a duna transfer.

Flight tips:

1. Watch fuel

2. If there is still enough fuel in the launch vehicle by orbit don't detach it we can use it for the duna burn.

3. At the bottom of the ibeam column is a probe part where you can set control there.

Action groups:

1. undock both ships.

2. open parachutes.

3. toggle engines on both ships.

4. toggle nuke engine.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-_wvk1PMfr9amNBWmdCbW4xY1E/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Actzoltan
Added space tug onto craft file

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.