Launch stabilisers are exploding every time?

nats

Strangely my launch stabilisation system seems to be exploding every time my rockets launch lately. Before they used to just release the rocket but now they explode. Anyone else noticed anything similar in their games? I have the Steam version of the game. Has there been a sneaky patch that has caused this or is it fuel lines/struts etc getting caught up in them?

It's probably either the Lazor mod or the Robotic Arms Pack. Personally, I don't mind it. Of course, it scared the bejesus out of me when i launched my first rocket after getting it, but it's kinda nice not to have to worry about accidentally clipping the towers. And explosions are always fun.

yeah I had this happen on me the other day, was all like 'WTF!!!!' normally it wouldnt bother me but I actually needed the launch clips to stay after a disconnect :S shame because the draw distance part of the lazor mod is AWESOME!!

It's not a bug... it's a feature to STOP a bug... Sometimes launch clamps would launch themselves and hit your ship while you were in orbit. I had one bang into the ship I was trying to dock to and it then it hurtled off and went past Duna in about 10 minutes. The other ship I was trying to dock to was spinning like a top. So Romfararer made the launch clamps go POP! at launch to stop thse things happening. I've had launch clamps going past the sun, launch clamps going out past Eeloo and many other locations as well. It's a decent patch while he finds the real bugl

You get used to it. After all, the clamps are only there for a few seconds at launch. It's not as if it affects the rest of the flight.

It's not a bug... it's a feature to STOP a bug... Sometimes launch clamps would launch themselves and hit your ship while you were in orbit. I had one bang into the ship I was trying to dock to and it then it hurtled off and went past Duna in about 10 minutes. The other ship I was trying to dock to was spinning like a top. So Romfararer made the launch clamps go POP! at launch to stop thse things happening. I've had launch clamps going past the sun, launch clamps going out past Eeloo and many other locations as well. It's a decent patch while he finds the real bugl

You get used to it. After all, the clamps are only there for a few seconds at launch. It's not as if it affects the rest of the flight.

Yeah but is it a bug that was only introduced by the lazer mod? Because I have never seen a launch clamp 'flying'. I would rather have proper launch clamps than robotic arms/docking cameras anyday - the launch is my favourite part of the game and its completely ruined by the exploding clamps. Anyway I have reinstalled the game and I am going to be a lot more choosy over which mods I add back into it this time.

I was sort of trying to be able to construct a large rocket in space and thought the arms and camera would help with this. But then when I realised I needed the [very unrealistic looking] quantum struts as well to be able to do it, I soon went off the idea. So I think I will just dock the normal way and leave my orbital constructions for a while until the devs sort the massive strutting requirement of the present game.

Exploding the launch clamps every time to deal with a incredibly rare bug that must strike less than 0.001% of the time (based on my experience, since I'm sure I've done a thousand launches and never seen it) seems to be a bit much. I mean, there's been at least ten threads here questioning how to fix the exploding launch clamps for every thread asking about the clamps sticking to their craft.

Yeah but is it a bug that was only introduced by the lazer mod? Because I have never seen a launch clamp 'flying'. I would rather have proper launch clamps than robotic arms/docking cameras anyday - the launch is my favourite part of the game and its completely ruined by the exploding clamps. Anyway I have reinstalled the game and I am going to be a lot more choosy over which mods I add back into it this time.

I was sort of trying to be able to construct a large rocket in space and thought the arms and camera would help with this. But then when I realised I needed the [very unrealistic looking] quantum struts as well to be able to do it, I soon went off the idea. So I think I will just dock the normal way and leave my orbital constructions for a while until the devs sort the massive strutting requirement of the present game.

The quantum strut pack comes with "strut guns" instead of quantum struts. They use metallic grey beams instead of blue, if that makes them any more appealing to you :)

Plus someone made a mod for the mod, gives the strut guns a different skin. By default they are just miniature linear rcs thrusters, the mod gives them their own unique skin but the beams stay the same

Here's a link to it

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/quantum-parts-pack/

Regarding the frequency of the launch clamp bug, I remember reading that it was to counter a bug introduced with the lazor mod, but that could be untrue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.