Ascent Guidance Rendezvous

Hi, I'm new here, I just bought KSP like three days ago and I am doing pretty well, learnt the basics pretty well, prograde, retro, gravity assists, etc, deployed a bunch of satellites around kerbin, mun and minmus, landed unmanned and manned missions on the mun, and I have deployed my first Space Station Module around Kerbin

I found a mod called MechJeb 2 and its a pretty great tool, because I don't have to do every single thing manually and Now I'm trying to connect the next part from launch, but somehow I can't do it. I am using the "Ascent Guidance Launch to Rendezvous: option, and I found it inaccurate, it only puts me around 30km around it, and I don't know what to do after that. because the docking autopilot is only useful for around 200m

Can someone help me? I've been trying to do this since yesterday and my orbit is getting spammed with debris ;.;

The Space Station's orbit is AP - 121k, PE - 119k

My Options:

Orbit Altitude 120km

Orbit Inclination 0

Ascent Path: Start 20km, End 75km, Angle 0, Shape 100%

then I'll click the Launch to Rendezvous

I don't quite understand the Ascent Path so maybe the problem is there? HELP ;.;

and the next Space Station part is quite heavy here is the pic

F59285810566905CC874BF5BD105CF6B71FDD131

30 km is pretty close, relative to things. Assuming MechJeb got the velocity relative to your target to 0 m/s, all you have to do is select target mode on the navballl by clicking on the velocity indicator, then point at your target and burn slightly, around to 20m/s. This is how it's done once you get into visual range, no more faffing about with maneuver nodes. Use time acceleration to get there faster, don't go so fast you lose control. Use RCS translation (IJKL) to correct your course. When you get suitably close, maybe around 30 seconds out from your encounter, turn your ship around to retrograde and burn to kill your relative velocity (or use RCS forward reverse thrust H/N if you are going slow enough). Be sure to take into account how long it takes to decelerate, or else you'll end up flying past it even colliding with your station before you know it. MechJeb's Smart ASS in TGT mode can help you with these maneuvers. Once you get close enough, you can select the docking port as the target and do the docking automatically or manually. Good luck!

Edited by ThatBum

I fell asleep waiting for a response lol,

Okay thanks I'll try your suggestions, Thanks for the video but I'm trying to do this with mechjeb and what mechjeb is doing is kinda not similar to the video.

Ohh so 30km is close, but it only gets that close rarely, how do I do it everytime? I am using the exact same rocket and settings and it doesn't get that close everytime

EDIT: I got it close very near through manual piloting I can even get beside it however I'm having problems docking it. I am using the Kosmos pack for the stations and docking ports and I am trying to dock on the front side of a 6-way hub(opposite the one its attach to) but the mechjeb autopilot docks on a different dock.

and one more problem, also even if I select "control from here" on one of my docking ports it doesn't recognize it.

Its so hard manually and its only my second part

Edited by lyndonguitar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.