Furry megathread!

musicpenguin

I'm not hating on furries as a group but I always found these furry images to feel very creepy. I'm not entirely sure why, maybe it's some kind of uncanny valley thing. I guess I never really got what any of the appeal was, would someone mind explaining WHY they like drawing animals wearing clothes with humanistic features including body shape?

I'm not hating on furries as a group but I always found these furry images to feel very creepy. I'm not entirely sure why, maybe it's some kind of uncanny valley thing. I guess I never really got what any of the appeal was, would someone mind explaining WHY they like drawing animals wearing clothes with humanistic features including body shape?

Why do people like making cartoons? Why do people like anime? Why MMORPGs? It's just something people like. I honestly like animals, and I love the whole concept.

Why do people like making cartoons? Why do people like anime? Why MMORPGs? It's just something people like. I honestly like animals, and I love the whole concept.

I can think of loads of reasons people like those things, it's not just inherent, there are identifiable psychological aspects. I can't find a reason to like animals with human bodies, facial features and hair. I'm not trying to be rude, I'd just like to have some understanding of it. Is it some weird sort of "cuteness"? That's about all I can think of, I get the idea in movies that animals are cute and are sometimes given human facial features so you can identify with their emotions, but then I don't get why the human body features are there. As far as I've seen (Furry stuff is all over Deviantart) these things don't tend to be used for comedic juxtaposition. It's just "It's half animal half human. Why? It just is.".

-_-. I've seen brony flesh lights. Why do people like those? I've seen brony fan-art, Why do people like that? Why do people like to draw? Learn how to not hate and think about things before you say them. Also, Thats a great drawing Ivan!

-_-. I've seen brony flesh lights. Why do people like those? I've seen brony fan-art, Why do people like that? Why do people like to draw? Learn how to not hate and think about things before you say them. Also, Thats a great drawing Ivan!

Could you please not assume I hate you because I don't understand something? I am trying to get insight, just telling me to stop hating when it's not even what I'm doing isn't going to help.

-_-. If you dont like furry's, Then why are you on their megathread? If you dont have anything nice to say, Don't say anything at all.
Don't you understand him? He is interested in your subculture and was just asking a question. He was not hating at all.

-_-. If you dont like furry's, Then why are you on their megathread? If you dont have anything nice to say, Don't say anything at all.

I don't like or dislike furrys and I've explained several times why I'm here.

-_-.

Music, you need to chill man. He's not being disrespectful at all, so don't be like that back.

I don't like or dislike furrys and I've explained several times why I'm here.

-_-.

I can tell you I haven't the slightest as to why I like them, other than I find animals cute, and I really enjoy the fandom.

I was up at Edinburgh museum a few days ago with my kind-of-but-not-really boyfriend and we saw a congregation of people in fursuits. It was creepy. Everyone was staring at them. I had to walk past them. I thought it was the end.

Just thought I'd share this with you guys.

It's cool to be furry. It's not cool to dress up as an animal in public places with lots of children around. when you are a grown male.

Please don't be like that.

Wut. I don't get this response. You're avatar makes me think you're a furry but you're response makes me think you hate us. Why are you calling us furfags and the hi all with a happyface. I'm confused.
That was his intention.

Wut. I don't get this response. You're avatar makes me think you're a furry but you're response makes me think you hate us. Why are you calling us furfags and the hi all with a happyface. I'm confused.

I'm actually disappointed that you don't get the sarcasm.