Smoothing out textures

There are a couple of things that might be going on. First, in your texture file, make sure that you "paint outside the lines" a little bit. If you just run your texture up to the edge of the UV map, it can leave a little black line on your part. Also, how the edges in your model are set up can cause some weirdness. Play around with either explicitly setting edges to be "hard edges" if they are places where there should be a crease, or play with smoothing, so that places that should be a flat or rounded surface at the intersection of two polygons meld smoothly together. Third, make sure that when you import the part into Unity, you're using one of the shaders under the KSP subcategory (KSP/Diffuse, KSP/Specular, etc). The standard Unity shaders don't work well in-game

Good luck. If you still can't figure it out, post a couple of screenshots so we can see what's going on.

seems like an alignment issue that needs to be fixed in your modeling/texturing program. there's different types like cylindrical, box, plane, etc. also might need to stretch the texturing alignment. these types of issues are really something you should go to a 3d modeling forum for as it's clear you are quite new to 3d modeling in general.

Edited by trekkie_

What iamaphazael said and also when you drag a texture into unity files structure, click on that texture and you can tell it to allow a certain size (512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048, etc) 1024 is default and youll need to alter it if your using larger. Also in there, there is filter mode (default bilinear), aniso level(anistropic, default is 1) AND format (default compressed) you can alter that to 16bit or true colour.

Change these settings for each texture you place into unity to get best quality your aiming for, but the black line your meaning in the OP,, i'd say it is your texture image. You havnt coloured in past the bounderies of each objects UV.

Edited by Adie123

Hi

When I apply textures to my parts (fuel tanks), they fit nicely, but there is a "crack" on it, as if the texture does not go all the way around. How do I fix this?

Your UVMAP is going over the edges of your texture. Shrink it down in the UVimage editor.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.