Disabling torque on command pods?

Dr. Muttonstache

On manned rovers, i've noticed that whenever I try to hold "w" to move forward with the wheels, the motors spin, but so does the command pod, resulting in an awkward frontflip that could be disastrous. Is there any way to disable the torque on the command pods, but still able to roll the wheels? Could I map the rover wheel controls to a different key?

You can remap the keys. Some people do, using the IJKL keys that are used for RCS translation mode.

A simpler solution is to just enable LIN docking mode. As long as you have no RCS (or keep RCS turned off if you have it), then this a "dead" control mode that does nothing -- but will still drive your rover because the wheels respond to the WASD keys by default.

You can remap the keys. Some people do, using the IJKL keys that are used for RCS translation mode.

A simpler solution is to just enable LIN docking mode. As long as you have no RCS (or keep RCS turned off if you have it), then this a "dead" control mode that does nothing -- but will still drive your rover because the wheels respond to the WASD keys by default.

Thanks, i'll be sure to do that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.