I am SO grateful to have such an awesome community here on KSP.

Piv

Yep, hands down the best community I've ever been part of. I turn away from most 'communities' in disgust after a few months, but not this one, I just keep wanting to come back to see what the latest cool/ingenious/challenging thing someone has posted about. KSP is a great game (as in, best game I've played in over a year), but this community is now such a part of it and adds so much to it, the game without the community would be somewhat lacking.

I think we are all very fortunate to be part of this while it is still growing, to have helped it grow and been to have grown personally because of it. I can't tell you how much I've learnt from you all here, I knew nothing about the specifics of space flight/navigation before I joined. I feel like I've learnt more than I did at uni, and the great thing is, there is still so much more to learn!! :) And all I payed was 15 USD, that's one heck of a bargain!

It's been great hanging with you all, long may it continue.

I love this place, you guys/gals all rock.

My favorite thing about this community is how it spans the range of ages and occupations and yet we all get along. Its always great when you run across one of those threads were someone asks a really odd or specific question and then another person will give a super in depth response/explanation.

I'd give everyone high fives if I could, but since this is the internet here is an un-released pine tree in place of a high five. Its a little jacked up since KSP has issues with layered alphas and shadow rendering, but it should help get you started on terra forming. Oh and it should be self righting as well. You all rock, enjoy :)

pine6.jpg

www.somethingthatdoesntsuck.com/downloads/pine.zip

This is indeed a very nice & helpful community, one of the best I'm aware of. Lurked for a long time, before registrating, as I kept interest in the game, only bought it recently however. Only other gamingforum with a nice community I know of would be the Egosoft forum (X-Series), coincidentially also a game with a steep learningcurve and plenty to explore.

I think it may be because everyone here shares a similar interest in space exploration, and the hobby that is playing this game.

Also, the nature of the forums, where we can share experiences and ideas, help each other, and even suggest and discuss ideas that may be included in the game, all work to build a sense of community.

With most of the people here I see regularly, I don't know if they're old or young, black, white or whatever, not even the gender in many cases. I know nothing about them in reality. But it's still cool to see what they're up to in the virtual universe of KSP.

It's been a very unique experience, being (one tiny) member of a community around a developing game. I hope I'll stick around to see it finished. (And that I won't ruin my life using it to procrastinate.)

I wish other things in life, like city planning was talked over with a forum like this. :)

Also I usually take a preservational attitude, and don't like terraforming, but this inspires me.

Though I'm not entirely convinced it's the best species for the Dunan environment, even with GM, seeing a tree stand proud and tall in an alien world, inspires me.

Will download.

Edited by Tw1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.