Kerbalife Security 2nd-Gen Export SSTOs and Capital Ships

Welcome once again to our Kerbalife Security presentation. Remember that you too can become a Kerbalife Independent Designer so long as you pay us. Now, on with the show.

AA-10H Vampire Bat SSTO

Vampire_Bat.jpgVampire_Orbit.jpg

Given the huge success of the AA-10 Sparrow III/Angry Bird Project, a special adaptation was developed for Kerbalife Intelligence Agency (KIA) dubbed the Vampire Bat. The upgraded version features RCS improvements, dual cockpits, and extended space range. With no purely liquid tanks, the only wasted weight is basically the jet engine after a refuel.

Vampire_Minmus_2.jpgVampire_Minmus_Mission.jpg

The craft is still light enough for a retro landing on regular landing gear on most Mun-like planetoids (just tip it a bit). Included in the package are 2 Cyclops II observation satellites.

AA-21E Dartmouse SSTO

Dartmouse_Base.jpgDartmouse_in_Orbit.jpg

Kerbalife Security is also releasing for public auction the test bed for its 2nd generation of SSTO concepts which eventually culminated in the Phoenix Hawk and Thunderbird projects. The Dartmouse, based on a cross between Zokesia Skunkworks FRAK-1 and a 1st-gen Kerbalife AA-20B Mighty Mouse, features several unique design elements.

First is the complete lack of lateral control surfaces for a sleaker profile, the second feature is horizonal front-back mounted wingtips in the rear, giving a very smooth maneuverability. Finally, underside mounted intakes angled to the plane's AoA for air hogging without the need for massive stacking.

AA-27D Phoenix Hawk SSTO and AA-27G Phoenix Hawk LARVA SSTO

Currently the pinnacle of the 2nd Generation of Kerbalife SSTO design, the A-27D/G Phoenix Hawk series is an excellent workhorse for any security or space program. They feature the feathered wing concept which provides massive lift and a very scary approaching shadow, as well as inline jet engines and a fairly easy runway to orbit profile.

PH_27_D.jpgPhoenix_Hawk_Burning.jpgPH27_D_Loads.jpgPH27_D_Home.jpg

The AA-27D is the cargo hauler, currently rated to carry up to 10 tons in various configurations. Balancing the load is the key, the aircraft has more than enough power with 2 toroidals to shoot anything up into the air. Shown here is a dual-launch of a Mun/Minmus Lander mission. Again, I stress that balancing the load is key, especially over-under (5 tons on top balances 5 tons on the bottom, you can deviate by about 20% or so). A single docking port is included but largely unnecessary, as this craft's task is to put cargo up and then land again.

Phoenix_Hawk.jpgPhoenix_Hawk_Tashi.jpgPhoenix_Hawk_Moon_Landing.jpgPhoenix_Hawk_Storage.jpg

The AA-27G is a cutting edge LARVA (Land-Air Rover Vehicle-Aircraft). It comes stock with 2 Cyclops I satellites and 2 Cockroach series rover drones. Other features include rear landing gear for retro landings (not resposible for hillside landings), which allows you to flip immediately to the front upon landing and ejection. Enough power is included for extended exploration, with speeds up to 25 m/s possible in low gravity environments. Dual-docking clamps round out this package, useful for aligning the ship on longer-range craft, including most capital ships or hyperspace rings.

Also note that part count is kept to a reasonable 130 or so when not carrying probes or other extraneous cargo. Use the grp #4 to toggle the struts, as toggling landing gear tends to make them pop out at funny times.

AC-10D Manta Class Light Carrier

Manta_Class_Mk_1.jpgManta_Mk4.jpg

The Manta is first and foremost a troop transport capable of carrying 2 assault drop pods or a Mako Class Assault Lander in internal bays along with room for an additional 2 KSMC (Kerbal Space Marine Corps) assault teams and a crew of in the cockpit area. Additional ports on the back allow for docking of light fighter air/spacecraft. Accomodation for two Drildo class nuclear-tipped short-range anti-ship missiles are present along the cockpit sides.

Manta_Firing.jpgManta_Mk3_Belly.jpg

Assault teams using your choice of pods can be deployed to enemy craft after being Drildo'd. Exploiting the breach, KSMC assault teams will then move in and secure the enemy vessel within minutes of contact. Practice missions saw most capital ships fall in under 3 minutes of a coordinated assault from all the Manta's assets.

Stripped down it weighs just 110 tons or so, and getting it into space has been done through a very messy 6-hour process that I would rather not repeat.

AC-20D Hammerhead Class Missile Frigate

Hammerhead_Mk3.jpgHammerhead_Class_Mk_2_Profile.jpg

This stealthy craft can accomodate 2 crew and 6 assault kerbals in detachable Union class assault drop pods. The primary purpose, however, is stealthy delivery of long-range anti-ship/station ordinance, for which it is equipped with 2 torpedo bays. The Mk.4 has traded the solid-fueled Longdong torpedoes for the more reliable and flexible Wet Willie class using liquid fuel. Both are accurate to within 10km using mechjeb guidance - simply transfer the proper amount of fuel to them, decouple them using the ring mounts, and then fire them up when they clear the tube. 6000 dV will get you almost anywhere you need to creep.

Hammerhead_Climb.jpgHammerhead_1_Decommission.jpg

Above you can see a shot of the Mk1 being decommissioned. Sidson (RIP), accidently, was still on board. One note about the dropships - do NOT stage them up or they will explode. Always use group activation.

Thank you for using Kerbalife Security for all your SSTO and other needs.

Our series of deluxe ground vehicles are forthcoming, and don't forget our Generation-One craft are currently on sale at a steep discount for 3rd-world buyers.

Thank you.

Note - The AA-27D is corrected and available now..

Edited by PolecatEZ

Is there aviable a stock version of Hammerhead? How does it get to orbit? How much it costs? And can it Reach Laythe?

I´m currently looking for some light cruiser class stock ship for my Project BABYLON effort.

Is there aviable a stock version of Hammerhead? How does it get to orbit? How much it costs? And can it Reach Laythe?

I´m currently looking for some light cruiser class stock ship for my Project BABYLON effort.

It should be stock, if it isn't let me know...it means I probably have a rogue mechjeb module somewhere. It weighs about 110 tons fully stocked and is quite well balanced, just throw it in the VAB and get some rockets on it, it should go up in a few tries. If you have to fuel feeds to go from it to your launcher rockets, it can arrive in orbit empty at about 60 tons, then it just needs gassed up. The Hammerhead has a 7000-8000 dV range when gassed up, more if you use the torpedo fuel and lander fuel for the main ship. Part count is also reasonably low at ~160 with all landers/torpedos, so not much lag.

Edited by PolecatEZ

Ok, I´ll begin trials. I have not much luck buidling ascent stages for craft as Hammerhead... Should be fun :D

Trials eneded - Vampire Bat was a succes and will proceed to Laythe field trials after some minor modifications - I´ll maybe change spacing between landing gear as it is very narrow and doesn´t provide much stability during landing and take-off from field runways.

Edited by Tada

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.