The name of the Kerbal galaxy?

icemasterpt

I see no reason why it couldn't be somewhere our own galaxy.

Galaxies are huge. Nothing ever written about them does their size justice.

Millions and millions of starts.

They could be 100,000 light years away, and still be in our galaxy.

But it also has a milky way esque galaxy looking like thing around it and loads of stars near enough to be bright and visible.

This is important, I agree. The Kerbol system is definitely part of a galaxy. Maybe it's "Kream Way".

I see no reason why it couldn't be somewhere our own galaxy.

Galaxies are huge. Nothing ever written about them does their size justice.

Millions and millions of starts.

They could be 100,000 light years away, and still be in our galaxy.

If not in our galaxy, then very likely in the rest of the universe. The sheer amount of galaxies, even if the universe isn't infinite, means that the Kerbals are out there. Maybe that's how Squad got the idea for the game, Jeb must of crashed near them and now they keep him for future update ideas.

AFAIK there's no official name for the galaxy, or Kalaxy :P Also, it's not clear if the Kerbal system actually is part of a galaxy or just a star drifting on it's own.

Personally, I'd like the Kerbal system to be part of a series of around 10 other stars floating around a giant black hole near the centre. Small enough to be explorable, large enough to have variation in it.

If not in our galaxy, then very likely in the rest of the universe. The sheer amount of galaxies, even if the universe isn't infinite, means that the Kerbals are out there. Maybe that's how Squad got the idea for the game, Jeb must of crashed near them and now they keep him for future update ideas.

"Large pink mammals, I will call down a thousand discarded stages upon you if you don't let me go!"

--

In other news, I call the galaxy "Kerbos".

Leon, I said that before the forum crash. :(

I found and joined the forums after the crash so I don't know about some of the past discussions and what has been said. Sorry musicpenguin ;.;

I'm happy with it being unnamed, or our own.

A galaxy is a ridiculously huge thing, and I suspect something that won't play a large role in the game.

Apart from background info, maybe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.