[0.25] M.M.M (Modular Magnetic Module) 0.3.3

Ravski

You and the team has made alot of progress ^^ With these parts you can make alot of combinations of building ;) After adding the kas module you can even build with them in space , Here are some screens from my first play with them. Thanks from sweden, EPIC

Warning for big pictures below

jiBlNGu.png

CujZJHC.png

oER9lmA.png

XXwgJWD.jpg

(By using hooligans squid plates you can use the magnetic force for the kerbal to enjoy at space walks and other stuff ;)

I think I'm missing something obvious, but how on earth (Kerbin?) do I get the MMM Airlock to attach to the end of a corridor? The Vertical Airlock attaches, but doesn't look pretty (I don't know what the functional difference is, I'm just looking around)

[Exception] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

it seems like it has something to do with hooligan labs airship. When i make and return to a craft that never had any balloons on it, everything is fine, but even when i take the balloons off (in the VAB) of a craft, i still get horrible frame rate and this red text in the debug log.

[Exception] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

it seems like it has something to do with hooligan labs airship. When i make and return to a craft that never had any balloons on it, everything is fine, but even when i take the balloons off (in the VAB) of a craft, i still get horrible frame rate and this red text in the debug log.

You may want to confirm you have latest version of any HL mods and they are installed right. I use all 3 of HooliganLabs release mods, and never had any issues with em. Have even used airship envelopes with MMM parts.

I think I'm missing something obvious, but how on earth (Kerbin?) do I get the MMM Airlock to attach to the end of a corridor? The Vertical Airlock attaches, but doesn't look pretty (I don't know what the functional difference is, I'm just looking around)

DO you mean this airlock ?

Yd2aObu.gif

Edited by germalto

@germalto, You made an awesome launchpad model you showed off on page 3 of the Extraplanetary Launchpads dev thread, Any plans on making it work with the Extraplanetary Launchpads??? That would be a really nice launchpad to launch things off of, that and it looks a whole hell of a lot better than the one the mod author included, No offense intended on skykooler's part......

@germalto, You made an awesome launchpad model you showed off on page 3 of the Extraplanetary Launchpads dev thread, Any plans on making it work with the Extraplanetary Launchpads??? That would be a really nice launchpad to launch things off of, that and it looks a whole hell of a lot better than the one the mod author included, No offense intended on skykooler's part......

Hehe... You may have guessed what this part was originally designed for ;)

GavinZac, I recommend you put the part freely in the VAB, and then take it by an extremity, to be allowed to put it easier :) You can't point at the node you want the door to be attached.

Hehe... You may have guessed what this part was originally designed for ;)

GavinZac, I recommend you put the part freely in the VAB, and then take it by an extremity, to be allowed to put it easier :) You can't point at the node you want the door to be attached.

That didn't work for me, but I found something that does: looking "down" the corridor and placing the airlock at the other (far) end.

The pieces listed on the OP is that the only pieces that are included at this time? I seen some images of a model for a control tower type deal and a hanger even. I was just curious if those are included and the OP is a little outdated?

The pieces listed on the OP is that the only pieces that are included at this time? I seen some images of a model for a control tower type deal and a hanger even. I was just curious if those are included and the OP is a little outdated?

Not included, technically yet. A minor release will be made with them :)

These mod upgrades take FOREVER, been waiting on this and H.O.M.E. =/ Don't want to build stuff and talke all that time to run it out there only to find out the next day the better stuff comes out

These mod upgrades take FOREVER, been waiting on this and H.O.M.E. =/ Don't want to build stuff and talke all that time to run it out there only to find out the next day the better stuff comes out

Logically, except for bug fixing, we won't change the parts already uploaded, nor their name, so you can start your building, it should be backward compatible :)

I love the look of this mod.

Ideas for improvements:

Add control tower. (It looks great!)

Add housing. (along the lines of the hitch hikers pod) One or two Kerbals per room. Two to Three rooms per corridor.

Add Landing pad.

Add Garage. I am thinking roll cage mode size. Maybe twice as wide as your corridor.

Add a Small Hanger.

Add a Large Hanger Parts. Two or Three stories high with three parts. A left side part. A right side part. A central Part.

Add Stairs junction to allow multistory building.

Add a green house. Pure eye candy for now.

Add a utility corridor. A good place to mount RTGs and Batteries "inside."

Balance issue:

These parts seem to be incredibly light. Might consider upping the weight to 1 or 2 tons each.

Again I love the look of this Mod. Really looking forward to where you go from here.

Balance issue:

These parts seem to be incredibly light. Might consider upping the weight to 1 or 2 tons each.

Again I love the look of this Mod. Really looking forward to where you go from here.

Thanks for the suggestions :D

The underweight is kind of... needed. At first they were far heavier, but it was near impossible to land them correctly, and it took a while to build a correct base. The weight they have now is for rovers to be able to move them. I'll probably look into that when we'll make a crane to move them around, if I figure out how to do this in a convenient way :)

how are you supposed to get this bulky thing to the mun?

In parts. They really don't weight to much, so if you build a facility in small parts and then assemble it on location its really not so hard. One of the best features of this mod is the built in docking system, lets you put buildings together like your playin with Legos. Works real good with TT Omniwheels

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.