A Rendition of the Deep Space Kraken

eNw25Zi.jpg

Craft File

It took some time, but I actually managed to create a rendition of the ever-so-dreaded Kraken in the VAB. I don't think, no, I highly doubt that it is possible to launch the Kraken from the launchpad, but you can try! You can post any pictures of the Kraken here, and I'll put them in this first post. This was inspired by RogueMason's smaller Kraken design from his story, "Outreach Colony: The Home on Duna".

Enjoy!

---Notes---

May 11:

I just tried ramming it with one of my heavily armoured cruisers. Kraken was undamaged but the flailing tentecles ripped my ship into shreds.

Its pretty cool how it actually uses kraken power to make its tentacles flail around like metal whips which can rips through anything

I was quite surprised by this!

---Pictures---

Your pictures go here

Edited by Needles_10

"Let no joyful voice be heard! Let no man look up at the sky with hope! And let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake... the Kraken!"

Nice quote! Where does it come from?

Sorry for double-posting in my own thread. (That sounds odd!)

I just tried ramming it with one of my heavily armoured cruisers. Kraken was undamaged but the flailing tentecles ripped my ship into shreds.

Its pretty cool how it actually uses kraken power to make its tentacles flail around like metal whips which can rips through anything

I haven't even used this ship in KSP. I pondered upon the possibility that its tentacles would flail about, but I didn't quite realize that I actually made the physical form of the DSK "glitch" itself. (I'm pretty sure that's what happened. MY PLANS HAVE WORKED!)

Pics, please? I would love to see this!

Huh, for a minute I thought you were ripping me off (YOU'RE NOT, DON'T WORRY!) :P

It's just that I thought I'd been the only one to make a Kraken:

DT0NTpF.png

I featured it in my Outreach Colony story. It's interesting to see that we thought of the same thing for the eye; the almighty SAS module! Plainly though, mine is smaller and isn't stock (Sunbeam Lasers...).

Anyway, good work on your version :)

Huh, for a minute I thought you were ripping me off (YOU'RE NOT, DON'T WORRY!) :P

It's just that I thought I'd been the only one to make a Kraken:

DT0NTpF.png

I featured it in my Outreach Colony story. It's interesting to see that we thought of the same thing for the eye; the almighty SAS module! Plainly though, mine is smaller and isn't stock (Sunbeam Lasers...).

Anyway, good work on your version :)

Thank you! I forgot to mention that I was actually inspired by your Kraken design when I decided to make my own! (Adding that fact to the original post!) I enjoyed reading the Outreach Story, and I'm following your Odysseus Story now! You are quite the writer, and you are free to use this for your stories if you want to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.