MechJeb help please

Hey guys, newbie here.

I was having trouble getting a perfect orbit, and my orbits were always about 50k difference between apogee and parigee. This alone made space stations and the sort difficult to build. So I decided to download Mechjeb to help me in my learning curve.

So I downloaded the zip, extracted files, opened the plugin, and dragged the .dll to my KSP folder. When I dragged to my KSP folder I noticed two distinct things from the tutorial videos I have seen, first no plugins folder, secondly I do not have a "plugindata" folder, nor a "Patcher_data" folder. So I went ahead and made a "plugins" folder and dropped in the .dll plug in. I then went to the parts folder (in the recently downloaded zip) and dragged all of the parts (folders) into the "Parts" folder on KSP. All looks well, the "mumech_mech...." folders all show up in the parts folder.

However, when I start the game I see in the loading bar all the mumech_..... parts flash as they load and as the bar goes by, yet when I build a rocket none of the parts show up. They don't shop up in "control" or any other folder.

Any Idea what I did wrong or what I may be missing? :cool:

• 1 month later...
I was having trouble getting a perfect orbit, and my orbits were always about 50k difference between apogee and parigee. This alone made space stations and the sort difficult to build. So I decided to download Mechjeb to help me in my learning curve.

So I downloaded the zip, extracted files, opened the plugin, and dragged the .dll to my KSP folder. When I dragged to my KSP folder I noticed two distinct things from the tutorial videos I have seen, first no plugins folder, secondly I do not have a "plugindata" folder, nor a "Patcher_data" folder.

Those tutorials probably date from before .20 (just a couple of weeks old now), when the game's folder structure was changed.

Just drag the MechJeb folder from the .zip file and drop it into the GameData folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.