Mechjeb help for a Newbie!

Hey guys, after getting pretty successful with KSP, I realized I still wasn't successful enough. My orbits were usually 50-75k off from the apogee to the perigee, which was making it almost impossible for ME to dock or build any solar system... not to mention try and match that orbit everytime...

So I downloaded Mechjeb. My problem is that Mechjeb doesn't show up in my Parts menu

Here is what I noticed when moving folders. I do not have the "Patcher_data" "Plugindata" or "Plugins" folders in my KSP folder. These simply were not there when I installed it. (I believe I have the newest version, 1-19-1-(1) is what it shows up as.) So anyhow, I decided to simply create a plugins folder and drag the .dll over to it. Then I dragged the parts folder(s) (each individual parts folder) into the "Parts" folder under KSP.

When the program loads and shows the bar at the bottom of the screen I see mechjeb parts flashing by as it is loading, however while building a rocket non of the parts show up in the control, or any other tab.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

:cool:

PS Here is the picture taken from the MechJeb Installation guide on the Spaceport, you can see the 3 folders I am talking about that I do not have.

kspRoot.png

Well I figured it out. Ling story short I had the program saved on my desktop, as well as an external hard drive so I could take it with me. I bought a new laptop last night and when I went to take the program from the hard drive to my laptop I noticed the folders aren't missing on the external drive, only my desktop! Anyways, now it works, and I assume the major problem was the missing folders....

Thanks for the help!

Ps, I dobloaded 1.8 (i think), and I don't seem to have docking assist menu on mechjeb....is that on V2 or....?

Well I figured it out. Ling story short I had the program saved on my desktop, as well as an external hard drive so I could take it with me. I bought a new laptop last night and when I went to take the program from the hard drive to my laptop I noticed the folders aren't missing on the external drive, only my desktop! Anyways, now it works, and I assume the major problem was the missing folders....

Thanks for the help!

Ps, I dobloaded 1.8 (i think), and I don't seem to have docking assist menu on mechjeb....is that on V2 or....?

docking assist in only on V2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.