Yay for Duna!

dharak1

So I have an intercept for Duna and it will be my first landing there! I have landed several times on Ike but never Duna I have crashed one probe though. I just got into doing proper transfers so this was mind blowingly efficient to me and that's why my transfer stage could probably get to Eeloo. I have one pic so far of the ship leaving Kerbin.

DYzjVOM.jpg

Its dark but it looks very cool. I can't wait to get to Duna.

M3yaxrl.jpg

The lander and transfer stage

UoWtYhZ.jpg

The whole monster of the ship.

bnMdVwW.jpg

Doing the deorbit burn.

AOg3kQv.jpg

Sunset after landing.

ha1OFzR.jpg

First step.

Edited by dharak1

The best lander design of mine is a 180 liter and the small and short LV rocket with ASAS and three small lander legs with ladders. Soldierhair my interplanetary vehicles look crazy at launch but look more normal at transfer. at launch they have 9 mainsails.

The best lander design of mine is a 180 liter and the small and short LV rocket with ASAS and three small lander legs with ladders. Soldierhair my interplanetary vehicles look crazy at launch but look more normal at transfer. at launch they have 9 mainsails.

Thank you!, I had a few days ago docked a tanker to go to duna, during re-entry my shutes ripped-off my engines and stuff. I had no quicksaves :(

I have a Duna capable ship that can hold 2 kerbals called summiter legacy and it landed on Ike with very little fuel and no aerobrake. I hope to send another to Duna. My first interplanetary capture was with Eve and I refused to use nuclear rockets for no reason. It was a miracle because I hadn't even landed on the mun. Also Neo what happened to Duna 1? Is it a station or... You know...

GREAT! So I had a set periapsis at 24000 meters and guess what. When I get there I'm at 20 million meters and no aerobrake for me! That's the most the prediction has ever been off! So I reloaded only to find my last quicksave was before I did my painstaking transfer burn.

Edit: Ok I have the encounter back near aerobrake levels so I'm happy

Edited by dharak1

Aerobraking is fun for sure... I had one Duna capture where I was almost out of fuel but managed to get an aerobrake that ONLY just got me an orbit... Huge one but after about 10 cycles of aerobraking and then I manged to get in a circular orbit near to where my station was. Docked with about 12 units of fuel left lol.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.