Easy Shuttle"ing" request

Hello Im a Space Shuttle Fan and was wondering if there is a Mod to make the gimbals more smarter... well I know the mod but cant find it ;(

Can anyone PLEASE Help me out and give me the link adress?

Thanks for the Help

I've never seen a mod that adds better gimbaling, but if you watch WinterOwl's youtube series, for his shuttle he puts the engines on Damned Robotics hinges, so he can manually adjust their rest vector, this is pretty hit or miss because DR doesn't give you any feedback about angle so you have to do it all by eye, but it works pretty damn well for him.

I did write a module to make one engine compensate for the torque caused by others, is that what you're thinking of? If so then I haven't re-made the thread but I can soon repost the link.

i am interested in this!

i am interested in this!

the plugin is in this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/4116-0-19-TiberDyne-Aerospace-R-D-Division-Shuttle-System-Version-3-1-Beta! i recommend adding it to engines from kw rocketry, as they go well with b9 aerospace shuttles

to add it to an engine add this:

MODULE
{
name = CentreOfMassCompensation
thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleGimbalGenerous
gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
gimbalRange = 5.5
}

to the engine's .cfg and removing the stock gimbal code, and only have it on one engine at a time or else its abit prone to making things flip out, it mostly works with more then one engine if they're right next to each other though

the plugin is in this

Or if you want the direct link it's here (version 0.6 I think):

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=384BA28C8578E539!114&authkey=!AP5rtI2-Iawl1Vg

I would just replace the stock gimbal module with ModuleGimbalGenerous, less chance of making an accident than re-creating the entire thing. Gimbal range can be whatever you want, it's used for the steering gimbal, use the angleLimit property in the compensation module to limit the angle of that (I wouldn't recommend going over 90°).

It should be disabling itself if you have multiple engines trying to compensate for each other.

I did write a module to make one engine compensate for the torque caused by others, is that what you're thinking of? If so then I haven't re-made the thread but I can soon repost the link.

I think so... All I need is a plugin that allows one (or more) Engine to Correct the Thrust Angle to stop it from Flipping.

the plugin is in this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/4116-0-19-TiberDyne-Aerospace-R-D-Division-Shuttle-System-Version-3-1-Beta! i recommend adding it to engines from kw rocketry, as they go well with b9 aerospace shuttles

to add it to an engine add this:

MODULE
{
name = CentreOfMassCompensation
thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleGimbalGenerous
gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
gimbalRange = 5.5
}

to the engine's .cfg and removing the stock gimbal code, and only have it on one engine at a time or else its abit prone to making things flip out, it mostly works with more then one engine if they're right next to each other though

Is the Plugin Updated which allows more than one engine to smart gimbal?

Kinda, it works with clusters, but gets bad if it has more then one engine that are far from each other

I gave it a Try... It didnt seem to work. do you mean Like One Engine part with More than one thruster?

Is the Plugin Updated which allows more than one engine to smart gimbal?

No, it'll work with one part that has multiple thrust outputs (although it just points them all through the same target so as bs117 says it'll work better if they're closer together) but if it has multiple engines in the same stage it should be shutting the compensation down on all of them to avoid conflicts.

I got bored with it and moved on to other projects, I might have a look at it some time in the future but it's unlikely to be soon (unless a patch breaks it). If anyone else wants to continue it then I'm happy to share the source code for non-commercial projects.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.