[Plugin, Scenarios, 0.19.1] MissionPack 0.85

adammada

I'm reposting my Scenario Pack, because previous thread got wiped during forum restoring.

Link:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/mission-pack/

The purpouse of this plugin is to create missions for KSP. In every mission you can have list of allowed parts, and conditions which you should met to accomplish this mission. Kerbal mission control will send you messages while in flight.

Missions can be grouped in campaigns.

Currently there is one campaign with 14 missions.

You can create your own missions and challenges by editing SFS files of scenarios. This plugin does not change any parts in game, it only parses SFS files to display messages and tell you when you accomplished mission.

All feedback is appreciated, cause i want to know if I should developing this plugin further.

Edited by adammada

stuck on the probe to mun mission i get into the correct orbit and it says just stay powered up for 60 seconds.after 10 mins still nothing. tried a few times now same problem :( rest of it is great though. least i have been able to test so far :)

stuck on the probe to mun mission i get into the correct orbit and it says just stay powered up for 60 seconds.after 10 mins still nothing. tried a few times now same problem :( rest of it is great though. least i have been able to test so far :)

There is minor bug in description of that mission. You need to stay 10 minutes (600 seconds), not 60 seconds. And orbit has to be "equatorial" (means very little inclination), and counterclockwise.

Anyway, i just tried it, so it is doable.

When you will be in correct orbit around Mun, you can see "Waiting( "seconds counter" )" in mission objectives. After counter hits 600 you will win. If counter is not counting, then your orbit is bad or you dont have high gain antenna on vessel.

Edited by adammada

Some of those missions require the commDish part, but don't give you any, and when you try to 'edit' one onto your craft, you get this:

screenshot303_zps98e0159b.png'

I seemed to have this problem for EVERY mission that needed the commDish..

And describing an orbit as "counterclockwise" isn't very helpful.. which pole are you viewing it from?

Also the giant "land here" arrows (which were really cool!) disappear when you get within a km or two of the target, for the Munolith one it left me unable to find the damn thing for a while..

Good set of scenarios though, I did enjoy playing through them, would be interested in seeing more.

Edited by kahlzun

Some of those missions require the commDish part, but don't give you any, and when you try to 'edit' one onto your craft, you get this:

That is weird, cause I give 999 of them. First time its required in mission 7, i just played it, and was OK, in A07.sfs file there is:

PART

{

name = commDish

count = 999

}

as it should. Maybe your parts are modified somehow?

someone can help me to solution of mission 5?

circular orbital 75km with 45L fuel save

thanks (i'm sorry for my english, 'm italian)

You need to be careful with the throttle. See the speed limits here:

Altitude (m) Velocity (m/s)

0 97.3

1000 110

3000 130

5000 160

8000 215

10000 260

15000 425

32000 2250

I'm having real trouble with mission 5. I've tried the suggestions posted here and on the KSP plugin page, but it's not helping - I always run out of power, or blow my AP to about 90km.

Here's what I'm doing - I'd be grateful if someone could give me some help:

-Throttle to about 80%, keeping to the speed limits posted above (though they don't appear to save me much fuel anyway).

-At 10km, turn 45 degrees east.

-Switch to map view. When AP reaches 72km, cut throttle. Separate stages

-Rotate a further 45 degrees east (level with horizon: i.e. prograde at AP)

-Around -60s to AP, slow burn (10%?) until AP reaches 75km

-At -10s, adjust throttle to keep level with AP.

At this point, it looks like I can do it, keeping very little throttle on, but my battery inevitably cuts out, leaving the throttle stuck on, which gets my Pe to 75k, but also increases AP to 90k. What am I doing wrong?

> Switch to map view. When AP reaches 72km, cut throttle. Separate stages

First stage engine has alternator. You might want to go more upwards, and start coasting with still some fuel left. That way when you burnt it, you will recharge batteries. Also going more upwards makes everything shorter. Just balance it. Right now this takes you too long.

Having issues with #10, rover test. States I'm supposed to go to the monolith on wheels, but none are available. Not sure if it's designed this way, but during scenarios my hardware is very limited. ALSO, scenarios do not work well if you quick save and give it another attempt using quick load. Always get multiple "failures" (did not achieve xxxx.....) Otherwise scenarios are GREAT!!! (Not sure why my return key does not work in the forum) TB

hey, thanks for putting this together, I've completed all the scenarios and it was really fun!

I had never been to the South Pole monolith before.

one thing, though: you may want to review Mission #5;

asking a player to be efficient (get to orbit with 45l of oxidizer left) and quick (do it before the probe battery runs out) don't mix up very well.

I would say it's the hardest mission of all 14, and if you get stuck, you can't progress any further.

I got lucky because the battery ran out as I was thrusting to circularize the orbit and the engine kept going by itself, but I had no more control of the ship.

maybe you could ask the player to reach those 2 achievments in two separate missions, instead of during the same one.

anyway, good work, if you create more of this I will definitely play!

I got past mission 5 yesterday, with energy to spare, so it's doable. I had been practicing optimizing my lift-offs, so probably that helped a lot...

It makes more sense to add batteries, I could'n figure out why the kerbal space agency would want to put a probe up there that has no power to do anything after it just arrived :)

I really like the mission pack, as it adds purpose to the game. This has been missing for a while now, I'm really looking forward to career mode. Your mission pack is what made me start playing again, so thanks!

Is this gonna be updated for 0.20 at some point? Would love to try it out. And btw, not sure if it'll help in your development, but Harvester said in his devblog that now you can use part filter function to determine which parts are shown/available to you and which to hide. Not even sure if this function is available for modders, but still.

The second stack of filters is more straightforward. That's the exlusion filter. It's applied in much the same way, with filters that add criteria parts must meet, but instead of greying them out, the part is completely omitted off the list. This is useful for things like guided tutorials, where we only want a few parts to be shown at a time, and also later for when we have R&D implemented, to hide away parts you haven't researched yet.

Having issues with #10, rover test. States I'm supposed to go to the monolith on wheels, but none are available. Not sure if it's designed this way, but during scenarios my hardware is very limited.

ALSO,

scenarios do not work well if you quick save and give it another attempt using quick load. Always get multiple "failures" (did not achieve xxxx.....) Otherwise scenarios are GREAT!!! TB

No reply on my issue. Is this only happening to me?

TB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.