Ksp From Jool

redmario14

Should I write this as an AAR?  

1. 1. Should I write this as an AAR?

• Yes, do it!
    • No, don't!

I was just about ready to launch the lander, when I noticed the connector port on the lander had popped off, and the lander was floating in space far away from the ship. So i got ready to land it, and I ended up crashing it.

e5lml1.png

(The lander, missing a connector port because it popped off.)

2vxlkev.png

(The lander, crashing horribly into the ground, killing the brave robotic brain piloting it. D:

I'm curious to know who your Kerbals are. I mean they're kind of like your cast. The scenario you're running makes Jonzer's EVA kind of a big deal compared to my, oops *endflight* situations. he's my hero.

I'm curious to know who your Kerbals are. I mean they're kind of like your cast. The scenario you're running makes Jonzer's EVA kind of a big deal compared to my, oops *endflight* situations. he's my hero.

So you're saying this seems more like a story, with cast members and such? If people want to see that, I could write it as a story, with some sort of plot.

So you're saying this seems more like a story, with cast members and such? If people want to see that, I could write it as a story, with some sort of plot.

If that sounds like fun to you I say go for it. its already fun to read about. all I know is Jonzer is BA. I hope some of the other Kerbals gave him some shine from their hidden spare parts still that no one is supposed to know about.

My only question would be how will you replenish the spare parts? Do you have some sort of .config witchery to convert Kethane or another resource into spare parts?

Yes, I hath witched the configluration modulares and shall henceforth be able to transforulate kethane into construction doodads. But seriously, I have changed the configs, and I'm pretty sure it'll let me turn kethane into spare parts. So we won't run out as long as we keep on digging! :D

Edited by redmario14

Trapped_In_T_17462.gif

(Beep as message is played) If you can hear this, please send help. We were just supposed to be on a simple colonization mission to the mun. We have enough food on our ship to last us about three years, but after that we're pretty much dead. As we were nearing our Mun encounter, a huge vortex suddenly appeared in space, pulling us towards it violently. We barely made it through, but we seemed to have gone through some sort of wormhole. When the horrid spinning stopped, we asked our commander, Jonzer to go out on EVA to investigate the damages. But we weren't at home anymore, we were orbiting around some sort of moon, which in turn seemed to be orbiting some strange green ball of gas. And our main engine was broken. We're stranded here, and we're barely getting a signa- (Signal cuts out)

Chapter 1: New Frontier

We've been here for two weeks now, and we've managed to launch four satellites from the stranded colony ship. We made them out of some of the spare parts and mechanical doodads that were sent with us on the mission, and sent them into a low orbit around the moon, which, due to the creative genius of Jonzer, has been dubbed Vall. Vall Explorer Satellites A, B, C, and D, which are currently collecting data about the supposedly icy surface of the planet. They are equipped with short-range communication antennae which can send the data back to our ship, which shall act as our mission control until we can contact KSC again. Hopefully we can learn more about this moon we're orbiting.

Our Colony Ship, stranded in an orbit around the strange moon.

5fnsw8.png

One of the Vall Explorer Probes, exploring the surface of Vall, and sending the data back to our Ship.

2vnjl7o.png

The inside of the ship's command center, which we'll use as a mission control center until we can build a proper one.

33lz2hg.png

We've built a robotic lander to land on the surface of Vall, because we can't risk losing a member of the already small crew we have. It's been named the Vall Explorer Robotic Lander, and has been constructed on the ship.

We've dubbed this mission "Safetus 1", because the main goal of the mission is to examine the surface of Vall without risking the untimely demise of one of our crew.

2nl4941.jpg

--------------------------------------

Safetus 1 Mission Log

Sherby: Don't hurt yourself Jonzer.

Jonzer: I'm just connecting the connector to the connector port, don't worry Sherby.

Sherby: Well, if you die, we're pretty much all dead. With no commander, we'll have no one to direct us and keep us from slowly starving to death in the vast emptiness of space, all hope lost, everything in vain, the-

Jonzer: Stop being so depressing Sherby! I won't die, I'll be back in a few minutes.

(Jonzer opens the airlock and leaves the ship)

jrd2d5.png

(Jonzer flies over to the lander)

avpykh.jpg

Jonzer: Alright, I've connected the lander to the ship with the connector. All we have to do is wait until we're above where we want to land.

Sherby: Alright, you can come back in now, I've opened the hatch for you.

Jonzer: Thank you Sherby, for not leaving me to die in the cold, airless vacuum of space while slowly asphyxiating due to oxygen loss.

Sherby: Uh..

Jonzer: Just kidding! :D

Sherby: Fine. I'm coming out to examine the engine and see if maybe I can find out what's wrong with it.

(Sherby exits the ship)

xm61oz.jpg

Sherby: Hm, well it looks like the fuel lines snapped.

Jonzer: Really? That's it? That's all that's keeping us stuck here? Fuel lines?

Sherby: Yep, and it'd be impossible to fix, because we simply don't have enough materials to work with here.

Jonzer: That's too bad. But Macbles is watching the computers, he's picked a landing site on the light side of the moon.

Macbles: Yes, according to our probes, the land seems to be reasonably flat, and we shouldn't have too many problems.

Macbles: Now all we have to do is wait...

(Two hours later)

Macbles: Ok, Jonzer, are you finished disconnecting the lander from the winch?

Jonzer: Yes, it's ready to be deployed now.

(Macbles hits the big green button on his keyboard)

8xiq2e.png

Macbles: And the lander has been launched! I'll be piloting it from inside the ship, and I've just turned on the Lander's camera, and everything seems to be going smoothly, the engine on this works fine.

2urqiaw.jpg

Macbles: Deploying solar panels!

64fnsw.png

Macbles: Lowering periapsis!

Macbles: Ok, we're on a landing trajectory. We just have to wait until it gets closer to the ground.

(About an hour later)

2ududc7.png

Macbles: Burning to reduce vertical speed!

(Lander barely misses the top of a mountain)

Macbles: The lander just barely passed that mountain, and we're still going way too fast.

2wh1frq.png

Macbles: We're about to crash! Code Red! Abandon all hope!

2zejgp5.png

(Lander Crashes, exploding and creating a huge cloud of dust.)

Jonzer: That didn't go too well, did it?

Jonzer: This is why I don't like all this "probe" nonsense. You can't simulate an actual kerbal piloting something, these souless machines can't react fast enough!

Macbles: I was controlling it from the computer! I did my best, it wasn't anybody's fault.

Sherby: Actually, it was mine. I didn't put in a strong enough engine, which caused it to crash. I thought it wouldn't matter much in Vall's gravity, but I guess I was wrong.

Jonzer: Fine. Everyone stop arguing, Sherby, go build a new lander, make sure this one is powerful enough. If you fail me again, I'm afraid I'll have to eject you out the airlock.

Sherby: What?! Are you crazy?! What's wrong with yo-

Jonzer: I'm kidding, Sherby.

Sherby: Oh, ok... :|

----------------------

End Safetus 1 Mission Log

And so, with our first planned mission dubbed a failure, we've had our engineers begin work on a new, more powerful lander, so that we may finally successfully land something on this strange icy world.

Our small crew is organized as follows, with most departments having a head, and a few less important, less skilled workers.

Crew Overview:

Commander: Jonzer

---

Head Engineer: Sherby

Junior Engineer: Sherry

---

Head Technician: Macbles

Technicians: Merbart, Thomptrey, Thomberry

---

Head Scientist: Barrik

Scientists: Melsie, Aldtrey, Aldnie, Maldorf

---

Colony Manager: Shepbret

Colonists: Fredgas, Kerkin, Aldun, Anble, Dandon

---

Pilots: Doodrin, Sigford, Newdun

---

Edited by redmario14

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.