Personal Statement Help

LukeTim

Okay, I am looking into applying for an MSc in Astronautics and Space Engineering at Cranfield University in the UK, and I know a lot of you work in the Space industry (and may have even done this very course).

For the application, I need a personal statement about how the course will help my chosen career in space.

I\'ve sat on my Netbook here for a good few hours and not been able to think of a single thing to put down.

Can anyone help me start it? The lady I spoke to on the phone said don\'t write things like 'I have always dreamed of going to the stars'... But I can\'t really think of a way of getting across my passion for the subject and the career without stuff like that.

The exploration and utilization of space is a demanding and exciting endeavour unlike any other. It is at the cutting edge of technology and pushes the limits of what we (the Human race) can do. I can think of no other field that I would rather be a part of.

Too corny?

space exploration is one the most complex and dangerous activities currently on the planet. It\'s the peak of human achievement that does not involve weapons of war (atom bombs).

Now you COULD just put me in the control room and let me launch your billion dollar rocket and let me learn by doing; Or I could take this course and learn HOW to launch your billion dollar rocket before actually putting very expensive hardware at risk.

The exploration and utilization of space is a demanding and exciting endeavour unlike any other. It is at the cutting edge of technology and pushes the limits of what we (the Human race) can do. I can think of no other field that I would rather be a part of.

Too corny?

I might change the wording a bit, but it gets me started. Thanks!

lol @ Socket.

Guest Flixxbeatz

Now you COULD just put me in the control room and let me launch your billion dollar rocket and let me learn by doing.

...doing it, KSP style ;D