Kerbal Centrifuge System

So I may be crazy, or just damn lucky because I have found a glitch that actually does something useful. This is as much a showing off as well as a confirmation test.

5HAOVkp.jpg

This is the Kerbal Centrifuge System, designed completely by accident from a satellite it was eventually fitted with high visabilty pods for Kerbals to enter and be tested.

5dmby75.jpg

When launched it appears to tip over onto it's side and then spin dramatically

XzceTSh.jpg

Interesting results were given from testing, least of all the Max G's my brave Kerbals managed to pull in this monstrosity...

nNHN2h8.png

I did a quick play test with IVA views and flinging the Kerbals like fling type things...

If you would like to download and see if you can get any higher G force be my guest. I would love to see some alterations or refinement :D

Here is the Craft file Requires KSPX Parts Expansion to work, will upload a fix soonâ„¢ - http://www./?xfxd49zock7k3f4

Edited by Trux
My bad on the "Stock"

It looks a little aggressive. :P This is less the calm, serene centrifuge that gently brings you back to a more normal gravity and more the 'YOU WILL EXPERIENCE THE CORRECT GRAVITY OR YOU WILL GO BACK AND TRY AGAIN!' screaming matron of the space-station.

You said "a glitch that actually does something useful". What use do you have in mind?

It looks a little aggressive. :P This is less the calm, serene centrifuge that gently brings you back to a more normal gravity and more the 'YOU WILL EXPERIENCE THE CORRECT GRAVITY OR YOU WILL GO BACK AND TRY AGAIN!' screaming matron of the space-station.

That made me laugh lol

You said "a glitch that actually does something useful". What use do you have in mind?

Well the spinning is basically free energy so I'm looking at having it angled to aid Space launches, maybe a little craft on the end which decouples and engages thrusters or just glides. I will do more testing but right now it's only use is making Kerbals barf or just killing them mercilessly by flinging them into towers or the ground.

You think that is bad? I altered the original to make the boom three times as long as it is not and my word that was tough to sit through :P The G's weren't as bad but the rotation was faster... Still trying to make it viable to space travel :)

You think that is bad? I altered the original to make the boom three times as long as it is not and my word that was tough to sit through :P The G's weren't as bad but the rotation was faster... Still trying to make it viable to space travel :)

Well, you could stick a wing on the back side and try to recreate da Vinci's flying machine.

I got a error concerning the ''cl.mini.hexProbe''

Sorry about that, I just realized it had one of the KSPX cores as the body... I will re-upload the craft file tomorrow as stock but all you should need is This

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.