Kerbal folding@home - because it's a good thing

Uberubert

Hello one and everyone!

Simple proposal: A kerbal space program folding@home team!

How? Download client and contribute your folding points to some dedicated team!

Wait what? I need a longer explanation!!

Ok, here it is:

So you want to grow old, happy and disease-free? Tough luck, unless you contribute to this magnificent future you so desire!

Would you believe me if I said you could aid medical science without lifting a finger? (of course, you have to lift your finger a few times in order to click the mouse during setup... but after setup you're good to live finger-lifting-free)

So basically, there are a ton of things that can go wrong in a human body. Scientists are amazing creatures that understand things you never though the human race needed to know. One such case is the proteins in your body, which tend to do this thing called "Folding". I have no idea what that means, but some scientists seem to think this "folding" of proteins is a thing we need to understand.

They say they can possibly find cures for these diseases:

-Alzheimer's

-Cancer

-Huntington's

-Parkinson

So what can you do to aid them? Simple! Download a legit tool to your pc. Install it. Run it. Scientists can now borrow a little bit of your computers free time (when you sleep, watch youtube etc). The best thing about this, is the simplicity! So simple, and for a good cause. You don't pay any money for it, you only invest some of your computers idle-time into your future health.

I've been folding for a while now, and racked up a respectable 350K points. (many many more to come, trust me!) You actually get points for folding, and are ranked against other folders. Though this is just for fun, since points don't matter. That's right, the points are just like deodorant to a cab driver. (/whose line quote)

Enough talk, start folding right now, and create a healthier future for yourself and your family!

Folding@home official website is found at this adress:

http://folding.stanford.edu

Oh, and just to be clear, I'm posting this to initiate a possible team. I do not intend to manage/create/initiate anything related to this. I am already folding fulltime to some private team. Feel free to contribute to a better future! :D

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.