First thing you do in .20?

NuclearWarfare

Given how the folder structure is going to be shuffled and how parts are going to be handled, I think modders are going to have to do some reshuffling as well before any of them will work right with .20

One might hope that Squad published the new data structure in the dev or mod forums somewhere so modders can see what they need to change.

I think its been said that the best days for releasing updates are Mondays or Tuesdays.. I forget which.. and I could be completely wrong in saying this btw.

Most if not all expansions, no matter the game, is done on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Even new movie DVDs and such are released on Tuesdays.

Backup all my old saves and start a new one, and then probably mess around with some olde fashioned planes and gliders using the new seats. Then, to the Mun to plant a flag!

Although, actually I probably just go check on my big stations to see how good the optimisation is.

Edit: I might also recreate Dr Strangelove using the new seats...

Edited by SecondGuessing

I'm planning a massive grand tour, with ships at every planet to help Jeb along as he tours all the worlds in the Kerbol system, planting flags along the way! :D

And the memory improvements will be awesome; I'm looking forward to having larger ships at last!

Probably a minimalist but not kludgey combined Mun/Minmus mission. I'll want to plant flags, but I've done individual missions to each of them enough that just planting a flag isn't enough to make me want to go back. On the other hand, the only times I've hit both on the same mission was with overkill motherships that were on shakedown cruises to find problems before they took off for other planets.

As for all the rover-seat-on-an-SRB comments, that would probably be the first thing I did, except that I already did it with the seat from the DEMV mk 3 rover.

Doubtful. With the QA team fully up and running, we can kill bugs as soon as they show up, not wait until the exp phase to start. Now the exp phase is just feature lock followed by a final checking-over using a larger number of people than the QA team, to make sure there aren't any issues that were missed.

I was just trying to soil the party... but it is nice to know what the jargon means.

From what you've stated I gather that release dates are likely going to be "A" monday - wednesday; providing enough time for support to handle any issues that large scale release may cause.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.