TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

Touhou, sorry if it is a stupid question. I am a total noob at KSP, and apparently nobody else had this problem, since google can't find any similar questions. I guess you can see how this would drive me crazy... So please, just an idea or something... Btw, happens the same for B9...

TouhouTorpedo, sorry mate if this has been reported, but I can't browse 165 replies :D

problem: vanilla KSP 0.20.2, only MK4 Fuselage installed. I want to use it as cargo bay for truck. The truck is inside the cargo bay, with docking clamps attaching it to the fuselage, using micronodes connected to the front node of the fuselage (or the floor). When I launch on the runway, the truck falls through the floor of the fuselage. Same prob if I do two launches and I dock it afterwards. Apparently, if the object inside the bay is connected in any way to the fuselage, then on launch the object will fall though the floor, it giving the object no support.

Thanks mate, love ur mods!

These engines may be the final thing I need to make my B9 shuttle hit orbit without spinning wildly out of control when the tank drains.

An option that the engines automatically fire through the CoM would awesome. Other than great mod!

This would be very useful!

An option that the engines automatically fire through the CoM would awesome. Other than great mod!

It sure would be!

In fact... Hooligan is working on a balancing function for his airship plugin, so it has to be able to find the CoM and adapt to it in flight. There may be some ideas to steal from his implementation. :)

on the Pitch Vector engine, Would mechjeb take advantage of that? If not, is it possible?

Finally we can have an space shuttle-like liftoff!

We already can have that, this engine just makes it easier ;)

Best solution would still be an option to throttle engines independently.

Hmm, this probably wouldn't be too hard to implement either, just a bit of math to draw the path. Alright, consider that on the cards for a next version.

on the Pitch Vector engine, Would mechjeb take advantage of that? If not, is it possible?

Finally we can have an space shuttle-like liftoff!

Its mechjeb compatible in that mechjeb can control the throttle like it can any other engine. Controlling the engine pitch is still down to you though. Since you won't be stressing to fly though, you can just keep trying and using the engine memory to set up different configurations as the rocket stages.

Hell, staging memory... thats a good idea.

Has truckwheels been updated? I can only find the one from 0.19.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/modular-multiwheels-and-omniwheels/

Its for 0.19+

It has been updated for 0.20 getting a few patches to fix 0.20 induced glitches and some new wheels. It uses the old system and remains 0.19 compatible as well. Hence the name.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/modular-multiwheels-and-omniwheels/

Its for 0.19+

It has been updated for 0.20 getting a few patches to fix 0.20 induced glitches and some new wheels. It uses the old system and remains 0.19 compatible as well. Hence the name.

You say that, but I couldn't get any of your older mods to load up in the legacy folders. You should go ahead and update them anyway since the legacy folders will be abandoned in the next update or two.

You say that, but I couldn't get any of your older mods to load up in the legacy folders. You should go ahead and update them anyway since the legacy folders will be abandoned in the next update or two.

I still don't see how some people do not have this working. Did you remove mumech.dll from your plugins folder?

I will not be changing this mod to the system at this time. Its not extremely hard to change it over, and if someone can get installing the legacy version wrong, its just as likely they'd get installing the new system wrong. All it does is change the excuse.

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

I should point out I edited all the cfgs to make them at least live in the right place for 0.2 ( so I can swap mods in and out easily ), I don't know enough about cfg changes to do any more than that - so I don't know if they work straight out of the box. Had a couple of problems where they seemed like they'd got brakes jammed on, but that seems to have gone away by itself somehow. Otherwise all is well.

I should point out I edited all the cfgs to make them at least live in the right place for 0.2 ( so I can swap mods in and out easily ), I don't know enough about cfg changes to do any more than that - so I don't know if they work straight out of the box. Had a couple of problems where they seemed like they'd got brakes jammed on, but that seems to have gone away by itself somehow. Otherwise all is well.

Ah, so you updated the CFG's and directory format for 0.20. Why didn't you try it as it came just wondering? Why go through all that effort?

I hope you didn't mind me using that picture, but I guess its irrelevant now, I'll take it down.

If anyone does work out what the issue users who can't get it working is, let me know. I can't see it being the CFG standard. It works for me, and I've got the same KSP as everyone else far as I know. Is anyone using it out the box as it came, no problems, who can confirm quickly that there is no issue?

Well, it's working about 80% for me I'd say. Using the old legacy style installation. Most of the stuff works as it should, but the truck wheels don't retract no matter what I do. Everything else seems to be fine.

Only trailer wheels and airplane wheels can retract. Truckwheels have a button for it, but the animation is just a dummy one and doesn't actually do anything. I should probably code in a way to prevent the retract option appearing. Thanks for highlighting that!

*in other words, nope sounds like you actually have it working 100%, you've just highlighted an oversight of mine is all

Ah, so you updated the CFG's and directory format for 0.20. Why didn't you try it as it came just wondering? Why go through all that effort?

I hope you didn't mind me using that picture, but I guess its irrelevant now, I'll take it down.

I just lobbed them all in your dev folder in GameData - all I had to do was bracket each cfg file with PART{} which takes no time at all, I didn't get round to grouping anything properly ( I don't know what I'm doing there anyway, yet ). As I said, it's so I can easily pull groups of parts ( or more to the point, find the things ) in and out, which is looking necessary given the number of crashes I'm stll having.

Pic is already public, do as you will.

will not be changing this mod to the system at this time. Its not extremely hard to change it over, and if someone can get installing the legacy version wrong, its just as likely they'd get installing the new system wrong. All it does is change the excuse.

Not to sound like a dick but doesn't it take more time to deal with people complaining that it doesn't work instead of just making it fully 0.20 compatible?

Edited by Frostiken

Not to sound like a dick but doesn't it take more time to deal with people complaining that it doesn't work instead of just making it fully 0.20 compatible?

It IS fully 0.20 compatible. It just isn't compliant to the new system. To be properly compliant would take a bit more work than just adding PART {} anyway, as it'd be better to sort out the model and texture sharing methods, which is a bit more work as I haven't explored that yet.

But as I've already said - there are always people who will install it wrong, and blame anyone but themselves. I just asked someone to confirm if installing normally works fine, and it does if done right. Installing either mod is in theory just as easy to install (unzip into KSP root for mods I have in either compliance, as some use 0.19 part type and pitch engine and rover ASAS use 0.20), if anything there is more to go wrong with the new structure regarding people installing wrong, as the directory structure is more complex.

I've seen people install mods wrong since I started modding, and they always shout louder than people who've installed fine and are enjoying it without problems. Changing the cfg type isn't going to change that.

I still don't see how some people do not have this working. Did you remove mumech.dll from your plugins folder?

I will not be changing this mod to the system at this time. Its not extremely hard to change it over, and if someone can get installing the legacy version wrong, its just as likely they'd get installing the new system wrong. All it does is change the excuse.

EDITED;

Comment withdrawn. Mods now operational. You could tone down the attitude a bit.

Edited by BubbaWilkins

Bubba I think you're over the line here. TouhouTorpedo is under no obligation to update his mod, it comes as is. You haven't paid for it and no promises were otherwise (as far as I can tell). It's up to TouhouTorpedo to update this mod or not, not up to you to tell him to do so.